Nethravathi Peak Trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 20 Slots
- Difficulty - Moderate
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Monsoon (Aug, Sept, Oct)
Netravathi Peak Trek, at an elevation of 1,520 metres, sits on the border between the Dakshina Kannada administrative division of Belthangadi Taluk and the Karnataka administrative division of Chikmagalur District. Because of its unique ecosystems, the Western Ghats have been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Despite its proximity to well-known landmarks like the Kudremukh, this hike is not as well-known as others in the region. One of Chikmagalur’s lesser-known hiking routes.
Non-AC ( Push Back Seats )
Multiple sharing basis separate for men and women Doms / Rooms / Tents
Meals Not Applicable
(No Dinner break)
Leave from Bangalore 9-00PM ( Final time will be updated in Whatsapp Group )
Non-AC ( Push Back Seats )
You will arrive at Samse in the wee hours of the morning, somewhere around 5 AM. You should check into the homestay that is situated in the heart of a tea garden, and if you want to be refreshed for the hike, you should consider taking a nap for about an hour. After that, you will enjoy a delicious traditional breakfast that is being prepared for you by the homestay, and then you will begin your hike at 8:30 in the morning.
You will begin your trek in Chikmagalur by walking through the city's picturesque tea gardens and surrounding countryside. After that, you will leave the paved road and enter a path into the jungle. In the event that you are feeling exhausted, you will have the opportunity to refresh yourself in mountain streams and waterfalls along the way.
You will eventually arrive at the final, steep stretch that winds its way up the undulating hills in order to reach the summit of Netravathi Peak. The entire hike is approximately 16 kilometers, and getting to the peak should take about 4 hours
Spend some time taking in the scenery after you reach the peak. You will be able to see many of the other prominent peaks in this region, including Kudremukh, from this vantage point and you can even walk to some of the other neighboring summits as well. Additionally, if you look more closely, you will find that this area is home to a wide variety of exotic plants, flowers, and animals that can only be found here.
After you have completed your investigations to your satisfaction, hike back to your base. You will also take use of the packed lunch that was given by the homestay at some time when you are traveling back. It is required that you be back at the homestay by 7 o'clock. At night, guests can enjoy a bonfire and dinner while staying at the homestay.
Stay Not Applicable
We will have a filling breakfast the following morning before setting out for Durgadahalli's Kodige Falls. You will be hiking for one km through a clearly marked trail before a modest fall. You can sit and unwind by a beautiful stream after you descend the stairs to the fall. We'll either stay here for a peaceful morning delight or take a dip in the chilly water, depending on the current. We'll walk back to the car later and carry on our journey.
We'll visit the Chennakesava Temple in Belur, Hassan District, later. The temple's construction began in the 12th century and was almost entirely finished in 103 years. It has been destroyed, rebuilt, damaged, and corrected over the years. But tourists also discover unexpected elements in the building's sculptures, reliefs, friezes, and iconography.
Soon after, we'll set out on our return trip. You'll still be remembering the events as you travel. You can take a seat and take in the passing scenery or participate in games.
We'll stop later on in the evening for dinner ( self-sponsored). We're going to get there in about an hour. It's challenging to end the conversations just as we are beginning to open up. We do, however, have some other interesting treks planned. We said our final goodbyes with heavy hearts, only to cross paths again. Please check our itineraries and call us soon until the next time.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Accommodation in Homestay/Tents on a multiple sharing basis ( separate for men & women )
- 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, High Tea & 1 Dinner
- To and fro transport from Bangalore ( Non A/c )
- Karnataka Forest Department Entry Fees
- Jeep Ride to Base Camp ( to and fro )
- Local Guide & Outdoor Leader from Plan The Unplanned
- Experience that you gain
- Any meals not included above
- Any personal expense
- Any kind of insurance, vehicle, tour, or health insurance
- Any expenses arising due to breakdown of the vehicle, natural disasters, government orders etc
THINGS TO CARRY
- Soft Copy of your Aadhar/Voter ID (Mandatorily required for permits)
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- Power Bank
- Warm Layer
- Water bottles – 2 (1 litre each)
- Lunch Box & Spoon to carry your packed lunch
- Raincoat/Bag covers in case of rains
- A comfortable pair of shoes with good grip for trekking
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Torch/Headlamp to be used at night
- Portable chargers for your electronics
- Extra pair of clothes to change into once wet
- Polybags to pack your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
Policy and Terms
Refund/Cancellation Policy – Weekend Trips from Bangalore
In the event that YOU cancel your trek, this is the cancellation policy we follow:
7 days or more
10% of the total invoice value
Between 3-6 days
50% of the total invoice value
Between 0-2 days
100% of the total invoice value
*Intimation Period means the number of days before the tour is scheduled to start
**Cancellation Fee is the amount of money that will be deducted from the total billing amount before offering the refund.
- Cancellations on the day of departure or a day prior due to work/family emergencies, health issues, etc. would not be entertained, and no refund or transfer to further dates shall be allowed for the same.
- If you are wanting to cancel out on the day of departure and move the trek to a future date an additional charge of RS 1500 would have to be incurred to make the movement to a future date. This can be availed only within 3 months from the date of the actual trip departure.
- Additional charges would be deducted (based on from where you booked) if you cancel the trek at any given date (along with the scenario described above), as payment gateway/event listing charges.
Transfer of Dates Policy
- If you wish to shift your date of booking due to any unforeseen circumstances, the same should be intimated to us not less than 72 hours before the date of the event. (Not valid for group or corporate bookings)
- Only one transfer per booking shall be permitted. Your booking shall stand canceled if you fail to join the event on the transferred dates.
- Once the option of data transfer is made, the booking amount shall be held as credits with us, and in no case will a refund be made further on.
- Transfer of Dates is not valid for Bhutan, Meghalaya, Himalayan Treks, Spiti or any other event worth is above 5000/- INR.
- Transfer of dates on the day of departure shall be possible at an additional charge of 1500/- per person (applicable for few events).
In the pandemic everything is unpredictable, and we are doing our best to give you the finest services. We are also abiding by guidelines laid by government for everyone’s safety. In this, if the government issues a lockdown notice 24 hours before the departure date, we will issue full refund. The money will be directly credited to your account.
In another scenario, if lockdown notice is imposed on the departure date, we will secure your amount in the form of credits that you can use for further bookings. Consider it your bank for future bookings. Your money is safe with us.
For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.