Kodachadri TrekLocal Treks Events In Bangalore Weekend Getaways
What's This About?
Nestled deep in the Western Ghats in the district of Shimoga and holding its place as the tenth highest peak in the State, Kodachadri is home to lush green jungle trails through dense tropical forests, picturesque waterfalls, and mesmerizing landscapes. Located in the Mookambika Wildlife Sanctuary, it also forms the perfect backdrop to the Moola Mookambika Temple, believed to be the place of origin of Goddess Mookambika. Catching a glimpse of the evening sunset into the Arabian Sea from its peak offers an enchanting experience; a combination of mountain and ocean that very few peaks in the country can boast of. A trek to Kodachadri will leave you spellbound and wanting more.
TREK LEVEL: Moderate -Difficulty ( Difficulty Level is subjective )
TRAIL TYPE: Forests, Meadows & River streams
DISTANCE: 14 km
Accommodation in Homestay on multiple sharing bases ( separate for men & women )
2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinner, High Tea and Snacks
To and fro transport from Bangalore (Non-A/c )
Karnataka Forest Department Entry Fees
Jeep Ride to Homestay ( to and fro )
Local Guide & Outdoor Leader from Plan The Unplanned
An experience that you gain
First Day Breakfast & Lunch any other meals not included above
Any kind of personal expenses
Any kind of insurance (health, medical, life accidental, etc )
Anything not included above
Depart for Kodachadri
Depart from Bangalore at approx 8: 30 PM ( approx )
Trek to Kodcahdadri Via Hidlumane Falls
Hidlumane Falls Kodachadri Peak & Adventurous Jeep Ride
Reach Homestay – Freshen up & Breakfast
Bus Ride to Trek Start Point
Start the Trek
Get Drenched in Hidlumane Falls
Have Lunch at Everest Meadow
Reach Mookambika Temple
Reach Kodachadri Summit
Descend by Offroad Jeep Ride
New Udupi Grand, Teacher's Colony, HSR LayoutGoto Google Maps
Hotel New Shanthi Sagar, DomlurGoto Google Maps
KTM Mekhri CircleGoto Google Maps
Yeshwanthpur Metro StationGoto Google Maps
Things To Carry
- Soft Copy of your Aadhar/Voter ID (Mandatorily required for permits)
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- Power Bank
- Warm Layer
- Water bottles – 2 (1 litre each)
- Lunch Box & Spoon to carry your packed lunch
- Raincoat/Bag covers in case of rains
- A comfortable pair of shoes with good grip for trekking
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Torch/Headlamp to be used at night
- Portable chargers for your electronics
- Extra pair of clothes to change into once wet
- Polybags to pack your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey and the trek. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun.
- Do not expect any luxuries on the trip. The locations that we host are remote places and we do our best to arrange the basic facilities. The goal is to be outdoors.
- The Food that shall be provided will be Basic Veg Food. We do not serve Non-Veg Food.
- Put Litter in its place, do not trash your travel.
- Plan The Unplanned shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewelry, etc. Kindly do take care.
- In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns, expect a little delay in reaching the destination.
- I have booked the trek when will I get further updates regarding the trek?
Well, most of our treks are usually confirmed by Thursday and you would receive a BON VOYAGE mail that would contain details as regards Pickup Points ( Location and Timings ), Outdoor Leader ( Point of Contact ), Do’s, and Don’ts.
- Would I be added to a WhatsApp Group once the trek is confirmed?
Yes, the Bon Voyage mail would contain a link for Whatsapp Group through which one can join and interact with fellow travelers and outdoor leaders.
- Do I have any other boarding points apart from the ones mentioned?
Yes, we do have options for picking a traveler on board with a few locations provided they are on the route to our destination. The following are the same:
- Croma Store, Sony World Signal
- Trinity Circle Metro Station
- Yeshwanthpur Metro Station
- Goraguntepalya Metro Station
- Nayanadahalli Metro Station
- Do I have to carry luggage all the way during trekking?
Not at all. You could keep all the extra luggage back at the campsite/homestay and carry only the necessary stuff for the trek ( Raincoats, Torchlight, Waterbottle, lunchbox, and your valuable )
- Do you have Washrooms during the trek?
Well, you are in the mountains and none of our trails have a washroom facility during the trek.
- Is the trek safe for Women/Girls?
Yes, it’s much safe and sound. We have been organizing these treks over the years now and we always have had an equal ratio or sometimes we have women in the majority. We also have female outdoor leaders who are on board and lead the other trekking enthusiast. We have made sure our homestay/tent accommodation is separate for men and women.
- Would I be able to postpone to a future in case I do not attend the trek on the day of departure?
We are extremely sorry, you cannot postpone to any future date in case you fail to attend the trek on the mentioned date for any reasons whatsoever ( family/health/work emergencies ). You can write to us at [email protected] as regards and our team will get in touch with you on the same
About Your Hosts
Plan The Unplanned
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops?
This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited
They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day!
Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together.
Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
Book an upcoming batch
[[selectedBatch.startdate|date]] to [[selectedBatch.enddate|date]][[selectedBatch.starttime|date:'shortTime']] to [[selectedBatch.endtime|date:'shortTime']]
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[selectedBatch.price | number:0]]/- per person
[[instance.price | number:0]]/- per person
Got Questions ?
WhatsApp Plan The Unplanned
Been Here, Post A Review:
More From Plan The Unplanned
[[ event.name ]] (Soldout)
[[price.price | number:0]]/- [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[event.price | number:0]]/- [[event.price_striked]][[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
Free [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']] , Available Seats: [[ batch.batch_size-batch.numberofbookings-batch.numberofbookings_from_host ]] No Upcoming Batches Show All