New Year 2023 - Spiti Valley
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- For 12+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan)
Spiti, which translates to "middle country," was undoubtedly given that name because of its location and historical ties to both India and Tibet. Rudyard Kipling penned "A world within a world" more than a century ago.
The snowy white sceneries cover you in a blanket of purity, allowing you to fully take in your surroundings. Join us on this inner journey as we experience nature at its best in the new year. Himachal's western region is significantly cooler than its other regions.
Ringing in the new year indoors, where nature is at its calmest. Spiti is not only captivating, but also a totally unique "journey." This winter, we're inviting all nature, adventure, travel, and photography enthusiasts to discover the mysterious Spiti culture. Join us now for this amazing road trip with our incredibly entertaining hosts.
Just 70 kilometres from Shimla, in the Shimla Hills, is the small snow village of Narkanda (2760 metres), which has a ski slope and is surrounded by apple orchards. It's a fantastic site to acclimatise for a trip to Spiti because of the houses, farms, and snow-covered valley. We were captivated by its virginity, so we added a camping experience surrounded by pine trees and mountains covered in snow.
- Pick up from Shimla. wonderful journey up to Narkanda.
- Meet your travelling companions in Narkanda Glamping site.
- In the nearby village and Eco Park Tanujubber, photography is permitted.
- Delicious food and a bonfire within the house will be lit up in the evening.
Beautiful Settlement in Kinnaur is Kalpa. According to legend, the Gods gave Kinnaur as a gift and it descended from the sky in all its splendour. Fruit orchards and dense forests occupy the hills of Kinnaur's lower regions. During Lord Dalhousie's 1848 visit, British Governor General Kalpa gained notoriety. The most stunning aspect of this community is how the architectural and religious elements of the Buddhist and Hindu worshipping complexes were wonderfully combined. The entire Kinnaur Kailash mountain range may be seen in the town's background. Drive to Kalpa in Kinnaur, a Himachal Pradesh tribal district with all modern amenities. Enjoy the scenic drive via the Sutlej River and the famous Taranda Cliff. Upon arrival in Kalpa, check into your cosy accommodations to enjoy the magical view of Snow Laden ranges of Kinner Kailash.
The oldest and largest monastery in the Spiti Valley is Tabo Gompa, which was founded in 996 AD. The "Ajanta and Ellora of Himalaya" is another name for the Tabo Monastery. One of the prettiest communities in the Spiti valley is Tabo village.
- Begin your day with Kalpa's breathtaking dawn.
- Visits to the Buddhist and Hindu temple complex at Roghi Cliff,
- A stop at Khab Bridge to witness the Sutlej and Spiti Rivers meet, village strolls.
- Visits to Nako Lake, lunch at Nako, entry into Spiti Valley, and check-in to the best homestay at Tabo are all included.
The administrative centre of Spiti Valley is located in the Lahaul and Spiti region and is known locally as Kaza or Kaja. The city is well-built, with practically all infrastructure, while its surroundings are arid, chilly deserts. The itinerary includes a visit to Tabo Monastery in the morning, a drive up to Dhankar Village and Monastery to observe the confluence of the Spiti and Pin Rivers, arrival in Kaza by afternoon, and an evening stroll through the town.
Beyond Kaza, the area is peppered with a few tiny towns located at a height disallowed by God. As in your city, these locations still have a post office, a police station, a school, a primary health department, a gym, and a bus stop. This place has been designated as a fossil-hunting location, transporting one to mediaeval history. The diminutive mud constructions in these clusters, which are dispersed along the contours, were created from the local environment. When one first sees these towns from a distance, they are left speechless, and then they start to tell stories!
- Depart from Kaza for authentic Spiti after breakfast.
- Go to Kaumik, Hikkim, and Langza. Post postcards in a circuit from the world's highest post office in Hikkim.
- Go to the famous Key monastery which was established in the 11th century and is situated at a height of 4166 metres.
- The monastery features a large complex where lamas can reside, learn, and practise along with the Spiti River.
- In the evening, return to your warm homes and savour Spiti's regional food.
It is called Sangla, the main village in the Sangla Valley (also known as Tukpa Valley). The town is located on the right bank of the Baspa River, close to the Indo-Tibetan border route. While having a hearty, delicious lunch with music and a bonfire, you are in the Baspa Valley, looking out over the snow-covered mountains and the River running below.
- Depart early from Kaza
- Drive back through Spiti and Sutlej Valley
- Enter Baspa Valley
- Arrive in Sangla by evening and check in.
- An evening visit to Kamru Fort
- A return to the hotel and a delicious meal to cap off the evening.
• Our trip back to Shimla will begin after breakfast.
• The final section of the journey. Take a few local souvenirs from the neighbourhood market before enjoying the leisurely drive back to Shimla.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- All stays – Hotel / Home stays /Camps.
- All transportation from & to Shimla.
- Meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- All tolls, Permits, parking and fuel.
- Driver allowances and stays.
- An experienced trip leader from the community.
- Coordination and management fees.
- Good vibes!
- Any Air/ Train / bus fare which is not mentioned.
- Any personal expenses.
- Any other meals/snacks during the journey etc. which are not mentioned above.
- Any alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks.
- Anything which has not been included above.