New Year Offbeat Wayanad Camping & Kannur Visit
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Events In Bangalore
- Local Treks
- Travel & Work
- Weekend Getaways
All About It
- 3 Days 1 Nights
- 25 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy Moderate
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan)
Tilting eastwards north of Kerala, Wayanad is a dynamic concoction of drama infused with breathing panoramas. Kabini River, a tributary of the Kaveri River, originates in this town. Along with this exuberance, this dizzying town is lubed with waterfalls and backwaters, making this an investment option for travellers. If Kerala notoriously starts posing its only plateau on your rendezvous, consider you have landed in Wayanad. Just 115 km from Wayanad, Kannur has an epic combination of forts, beaches, waterfalls, and sunset points that will give 2023 the right start.
We are introducing you to the Wayanad-Kannur New Year 2023 trip! We start by trekking the western ghats of Wayanad and end with the beaches and forts of Kannur. Sign up for this adventure if you love exploring remote areas and spending nights away from the city lights. Plan the Unplanned pioneers in making friendly getaways a reality. Add this with the new year, and offbeat, we get goosebumps. We have planned everything to welcome New Year 2023. Book as soon as possible since we have limited slots.
Note - This can be a perfect new year plan for you and your family. Seats for New Year 2023 are filling up fast. Before it gets exhausted, avail your tickets.
New Year Getaway Trip Highlights
- Who doesn’t love a jeep ride? We will take a jeep to reach Palchuram Falls!
- Go for a short 2 km (one-way) hike to Palchuram Falls.
- Watch the beautiful sunset at Meenkunnu Cliff.
- Become the testimony of the magical phenomenon where the sun sublimes away from earth's horizons in just a few minutes, and dusk takes over. Attend sunset at Muneeswaran Kunnu.
- New Year celebrations with a bonfire.
- Spend the first day of the year exploring Kannur.
- Starting our year with a pinch of history, St. Angelo Fort will give us glimpses of Vasco da Gama's visit to India.
- Take a dip at Payambalam Beach.
- Leave Bangalore by 9:00 PM ( approx )
- Reach the campsite and freshen up
- Jeep Ride to Palchuram Falls
- A Short hike to Palchuram Falls
- Return to Campsite for lunch
- Relaxation time before the sunset hike
- Sunset Hike to Muneeshwaran Kunnu ( to and for approx 4 km, 2 hours )
- Descend back
- Bonfire, Dinner
- New Year Eve - Live Music by Acoustic Artist Rachanachar
- Welcome New Year
- Freshen up and have breakfast
- Depart to Kannur ( 2 hours journey ) ( Starting at 9:00 AM approx )
- Explore St Anjelo Fort
- Self-sponsored Lunch
- Take a dip at Payyambalam Beach
- Leave to Bangalore on the way for a self-sponsored dinner
- Reach Bangalore by 5:00 AM ( approx ) ( Jan 2nd, 2023)
Non-AC Vehicle ( Tempo Traveller/Mini-bus with Push Back seats )
Meals Not Included
An overnight bus journey commences from Bangalore to Wayanad. We shall have a brief orientation and a fun-filled ice-breaking session where you will better know your fellow trippers.
Double/Triple Sharing Basis ( Separate for men and women )
We start the day by freshening up and having our breakfast. After this, we will leave for the beautiful Palchuram falls. A jeep ride leads us to the base of the falls, from where a small hike takes us to the falls. When we reach there, the cascading falls deep inside the evergreen forest will make you fall in awe. The falls drop down and form a small pond upon seeing which you’ll want to jump right into it! After much play, soaking in the foggy froth, and posing like children for a million photos, we will return to the campsite for lunch.
After relaxing at the camp, we shall start our trek to Muneeswaran Kunnu for the sunset. It is a 2 km hike (one way) and will take approximately 1 hour. Covered with lush paddy fields and tea and coffee plantations, Muneeswaran hills offer a vantage point for sunset lovers. It usually is just a sunset, but here you will become the testimony of the magical phenomenon where the sun sublimes away from earth's horizons in just a few minutes, and dusk takes over.
After the sunsets, we shall descend and head back to the camp to prepare ourselves for the New Year 2023. A bonfire, dance, dinner and cake cutting followed by a unique new year celebration will conclude our 2022!
Stay Not Applicable
We wake up early in the morning to welcome 2023. After freshening up and having a good breakfast, we will leave for Kannur at 9 am for a 50 km journey. It is a 2-hour ride. Upon reaching Kannur, we will spend the day exploring the beaches and forts! Kannur is home to several beaches, all of which will leave us confused about where to go!
Starting our year with a pinch of history, St. Angelo Fort will give us glimpses of Vasco da Gama's visit to India. Next, we will hit the dining spot to fill our crying tummies. This is a call for lunch.
After this, we will head to Payyambalam beach (4.5 km from St. Angelo Fort). You can dive right in and get drenched in the cleanliness of Kerala. From here, we will go to Meenkunnu cliff for a fantastic sunset.
After a productive day exploring Kerala’s Kannur region, we board the bus leaving for Bangalore. Midway, we will have dinner. The beach and nature exploration would leave you pumped and motivated to start your new year as we reach Bengaluru by 5 am on 2 January 2023.
Our team would love to see you again – Check out our other itineraries and ring us soon. It would be a pleasure to see you again. Till then, take care and love life.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Accommodation in tents on multiple sharing basis
- 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- To and fro transport from Bangalore (Non-A/c push back seats bus)
- Inter-state Taxes, road permits, and Toll
- Forest Permits & Entry Fee
- Local Guide & Outdoor Leader from Plan The Unplanned
- An experience that you gain
- Any other meals not included abov
- Any kind of personal expense
- Any kind of insurance (health, medical, life accidental,etc
- Anything not included above
Policy and Terms
In the event that YOU cancel your trek, this is the cancellation policy we follow:
|Intimation Period*||Cancellation Fee**|
|10 days or more||15% of the total invoice value|
|Between 5-10 days||50% of the total invoice value|
|Between 0- 5 days||100 % of the total invoice value|
- *Intimation Period means the number of days before the tour is scheduled to start
- **Cancellation Fee is the amount of money that will be deducted from the total billing amount before offering the refund.
We shall not accept any reasons whatsoever for the cancellation, we request everyone to abide by the policy.There shall be no transfer of dates possible for any reason if you cannot make it to the event once the booking is confirmed.The tickets are transferrable to any person, in case you cannot attend the event.
If Plan The Unplanned cancels the trek due to limited/no bookings for the trek, we shall offer a full refund and the same shall be credited to the original mode of payment within 7 days from the date of initiation of refund.
For a detailed cancellation policy check here New Year Cancellation Policy