Winter Spiti Road Trip 2022 - The Ultimate Adventure In The Himalayas
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- 0 Slots
This winter, shed all your fears and set out for your life's most incredible road trip! Well, yeah – no kidding, but the Winter Spiti Roadtrip is undoubtedly not a joke! You have the courage to put on your warmest clothes and hit the trails covered in thick snow, spend days in quaint valleys, stay disconnected from the rest of the world and listen to your own heartbeats (at times!). If all of it is already giving you goosebumps, then Plan The Unplanned, in association with Wild Himalayan Glamping Camp, is all set to take you on the trip of your life! The winter adds to Spiti an added dose of mysticism. The pristine white landscape forms a mantle of purity that leaves you with a blank canvas and challenges you to absorb what lies beneath.
White Spiti is not only mesmerizing but a different “trip” altogether. We call out all nature, adventure, travel and photography enthusiasts to experience the unexplored and hidden Spiti culture this winter. Drive through the rolling snow-covered Spiti with us and witness the beauty and the struggle to survive it!
Join us on this inward journey as we feel & explore nature at its harshest yet most pleasing!
- Hit the road with the most experienced drivers and gears who will rip the black ice on the roads apart!
- Camping amidst snowy Apple orchards with an in-house bonfire and fantastic food!
- You will be a part of making and stocking the local cuisines and wines made especially for winter – the ultimate survival time!
- An evening spent with Traditional dance performances by local kids & ladies of Spiti.
- Retracing the Snow Leopard Trail – You will be driving along the Ghost Trail, and this season provides a high chance of sighting the big cats!
- Best Homestay experience ever! – witness and experience the epic hospitality in such harsh conditions!
- Visit the gorgeous monasteries of the Valley, including Key Monastery and soak in the authentic vibes of the land.
- Meet some incredible people on the way – and who knows? You might just end up meeting your best travel partner!
- Last but not least – Travel like a local! Your hosts are young, nature-responsive adventurers and explorers living in the Himalayas and living it to the fullest! Experience Spiti through their eyes and create memories!
Note: In case you are a group of 5 or more, we can offer you customized trips on your preferred dates. For more details, contact us!
Located at an altitude of 2760 m, Narkanda is a reasonably unexplored region. The clouds run through the pine trees and let the apple orchards be. Its virginity intrigued us, so we have introduced a camping experience amidst apple orchards exclusively for you!
- Once you arrive in Narkanda, you will be transferred to your camping site and meet your hosts for the trip.
- The evening will be lit with in-house bonfire and interaction with co-travellers.
Overnight stay at Narkanda.
162 km | 8-10 hrs| 2960mts |
The most beautiful part about this settlement is observing how magically the Buddhist and Hindu worshipping complexes were fused together architecturally and in belief. The entire Kinnaur Kailash mountain range is seen in the town's background. The streets are studded with Kinnauri apples, apricots, and excellent warm people.
After breakfast, we will start our journey to Kinnaur valley. Kinnaur is the Tribal District of Himachal with all modern facilities.
On arrival at Kalpa, check into your warm rooms facing the mystic snow-laden Kinnaur Kailash mountains.
Overnight stay at Kalpa.
150kms | 08 – 10hrs | 3050 m
Founded in the 996 AD, the Tabo Gompa is the Oldest and Largest Monastery in the Spiti Valley. The monastery also is known as the “Ajanta and Elora of Himalaya”. Tabo village is one of the finest settlements in the Spiti valley.
After breakfast, we’ll visit the Kalpa Buddhist and Hindu temple complex. Walk around the breezy terraces overlooking the town and watch the drama in the narrow streets. We will further drive towards Spiti Valley via Roghi Cliff and Roghi village in Kalpa. We shall chain up our tires at “Tinku Glacier’. After crossing Khab Bridge (A gateway to Spiti Valley), we will get a thin layer of snow on the road.
If time permits, we’ll visit the Frozen lake of Nako in the evening.
Overnight stay at Nako.
50 km | 04-06 hours | 3800 m
Kaza, or Kaja as the locals say, is Spiti Valley's headquarters. The city is well developed with almost all infrastructural facilities amidst dry cold deserts. Kaza has a lot to offer in terms of culture and belief, besides the shopping arcade, Cafés and eating joints.
Early morning, gear up with your cameras to visit the Oldest Monastery of Spiti Valley. Experience the feel of Buddhist prayer and an early chilli morning at Tabo. After breakfast, depart for Kaza – the biggest settlement of Spiti.
The evening is all yours, to explore Kaza like never before!
Overnight at Kaza.
66 km | 07-09 hrs | 4205mts
Beyond Kaza, the landscape is studded with some small settlements at a God-forbidden altitude. These places still bear a post office, a police station, a school, a primary health department, and a bus stand, functioning similarly to your city. This area has been declared a fossil spotting site, taking one back to the history of medieval times. These clusters are spread along the contours, with dwarfed mud structures made from the context itself. The first sight of these settlements from far away leaves a person speechless, making them storytellers! Big cats sometimes visit these roads, also known as the Himalayan Ghosts and Snow Leopards!
Overnight at Kibber.
282kms | 8-10 hrs | 1021m
“Rampur Bushahr” once used to be the Princely state which was among the largest of the twenty-eight Shimla hill states under the administration of the British Raj. The town is situated on the left bank of the Sutlej River. Rampur being connected to the major trading routes that joined Indian markets with central Asia and Tibet, the town was the hub for trading. After breakfast, warm up your vehicle for a long snow drive. A complete day to feel the adventure of snow drive. Photography on the way and experience of fresh snowfall.
Overnight stay at Rampur.
After breakfast, we will head back to Shimla. It’s gonna be a joyful ride and you can enjoy the last few hours with your fellow travelers!
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
All stay - Hostel/ Guesthouses/ Camp
All Transport from Shimla to Shimla by 4x4 Vehicle
Meals - Breakfast and Dinner on all days
Tolls, Highway Charges, Parking, Driver allowance and Fuel
Outdoor Leader and Guide
Basic and Advanced winter gears
Any Air/ Train / bus fare which has not been mentioned
Any personal shopping of any type
Any other meals / snacks during the journey etc which have not been mentioned above
Any alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks
Anything which has not been included above
Any expense arising out of unforeseen contingencies, breakdowns, natural calamities, landslides etc.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Sleeping bag (-15-20 Degrees) ( Optional only recommended for personal hygiene )
- Head torch
- Thermos flask
- Trekking shoes (waterproof, high ankle preferably)
- Fleece jackets
- woolen sweater
- Down feather/Hollofil jacket
- Wind & waterproof (jacket & pant) 1 Pair
- Thermal inners (upper and lower) 2 Pair
- Muffler/scarf/bandanna (to protect neck, ears and head)
- Trek pants (avoid shorts, denims, capris)
- Woollen socks (3 pairs)
- Sun cap (one that covers the neck as well)
- Woolen cap
- Fleece/woollen gloves
- Identity proof
- Sunscreen cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip balm
- Quick-dry towel
- Extra camera batteries, Powerbank
Policy and Terms
Here's the cancellation policy for Himalayan Treks/Backpacking Trips/Road Trips
- If you cancel before 30 days - 90% of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 20 -30 days - 75% % of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 15-19 days - 50% will be refunded
- If you cancel between 7-14 days - 25 % amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 0- 7 days before the departure date - No amount would be refunded.
Note: For All The Above Refund Cases Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be dedcuted from the overall amount and balance amount shall be refunded. You can transfer your ticket to anyone so that you could save your hard earned money
For other trips and travels with us, and detailed terms and conditions check the following link : https://www.plantheunplanned.com/refund-cancellation-policy