About This Place
Nubra Valley is situated North-East to Leh where Shyok River meets Nubra River to form a tri armed valley. Nubra Valley is a high altitude cold dessert that is wide and majestic in its own way.
Jammu & Kashmir
Best Time to Visit
Preferred : May - August
Srinagar – Leh highway opens by the middle of May,
Manali – Leh highway opens in June
Summer (April-June) - This time of the year, Ladakh region is comfortable and very beautiful, this is an ideal time for family trips in Ladakh and is very beautiful, Ladakh at this time has just woken up from its long winter sleep.
Monsoon (July-August) : This span of months, rains and cloudbursts are expected and the weather starts becoming a bit harsh by the end of August. Though it is still open for tourists and people do visit.
Early Winter (September-October) : This is the time for the trekkers when winter starts to seep in and the snow starts to become aptly solid for the trekkers. Most of the treks like Stok Kangri and Nubra Valley trek, Kashmir great Lakes are conducted this time.
Winter (November-March): The winters in Ladakh are not fit for ideals tourists who want a leisure time, the roads are blocked by snow and shut down by the officials, the only means of travel is by Air.
Edit if you have been here..
1. Thoise comes after Hundar and is out of bound for civillians.
2. Foreign nationals are required to get a Protected area permit to visit the Nubra Valley. The permit can be obtained from the District Collector office at Leh.
3. Starting April 1, 2017 Indian citizens are also required to get an Inner Line Permit to visit the valley. The permit can be obtained from the District Collector office at Leh.
It is recommended to keep 10 -12 copies xerox copies of the permit as you will be required to submit a copy on every check point.
Hindi (major), Ladakhi (major), English.
Airport : Leh
Railway station : Jammu Tawi
Bus stand : Leh
Commonly Visited From
Leh --> South Pullu --> Khardung La --> North Pullu --> Khardung Village --> Khalsar --> Diskit Gompha --> Hundar.(End of Nubra Valley).
By Road : There are no buses available, the only means of transport is by hiring a cab at Leh or by bike. Bike and bicycles are the preferred options for the enthusiasts.
1. Srinagar – Leh highway opens by the middle of May,
2. Manali – Leh highway opens in June
By Air : Thoise has an airport nearby but out of bound for the civilians. No means available.
By Train : No options.