Agumbe ExplorationLocal Treks Events In Bangalore Weekend Getaways
What's This About?
Every travellers' card covers landscapes of all types: mountains, rivers, beaches, forests, etc. And while others are easy to find, we tend to think that rainforests in India are reserved only for the North-Eastern region, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Or, maybe not! Agumbe, or "The Cherrapunji of the South", is a settlement located in the Shimoga district of Karnataka. If you are looking for a green, happy and wild break, this Agumbe Onake Abbi Trek is ringing you for sure.
Lying in the arms of Western Ghats and at a distance of 380 km from Bengaluru, Agumbe is a beautiful, evergreen rainforest that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Famous among photography, wildlife and nature enthusiasts, it is precisely a mix of history, culture, nature trails and incessant rains, with a slight tinge of adventure. It is a journey where you can spot wild animals like Sambhar, Civet Cat, Leopard; trek to the offbeat Onake Abbi Falls; spend a good old time in Malgudi Days Home; visit 9th-century Kavaledurga Fort; visit Kundadri Hills. Agumbe is also famous for its cottage industry, medicinal plants, subsistence farming, and Agumbe Rainforest Research Station. Surprisingly, King Cobra is Agumbe's flagship species; hence, keep an eye on the slithering, hissing and puffing reptile.
There are too many things to experience and see here. We invite you to a world that is pristine and untouched, unexplored and untamed: Come to life in the dense jungles of Agumbe. Here is a detailed itinerary of Agumbe Onake Abbi Trek prepared by Plan the Unplanned for an extraordinary experience!
Firstly, meet fellow travellers and kick off your journey to Agumbe.
Secondly, learn about Rainforest Ecology, and the nature of wild animals.
Thirdly, trek on the offbeat trails of Agumbe Onake Abbi Trek.
Next, trek to the ruins of Kavaledurga Fort.
Then, visit vintage Malgudi Days home in Doddamane.
Finally, Kundadri Hills sightseeing.
Accommodation in Tents separate for men and women ( on 2/3 Sharing)
2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch,1 Dinner
Non A/C Tempo Traveller or Mini-bus with push back seats depending on group size
Washrooms/Changing room facility available
Entry fee to Kaveladurga Fort, Kundadri Hill
Local Guide & Outdoor Leader from Plan The Unplanned
Experience that you gain
Note: Do not expect any kind of luxury. We have made sure of the basic amenities as regards sleeping, food, and washrooms are available. Expect a rustic and a minimalistic experience
Any other meals not included above
Any other entry fees apart from the itinerary
Any Camera charges
Any kind of personal expenses
Any kind of insurance (health, medical, life accidental, etc )
Anything not included above
Depart for Agumbe
Depart from Bangalore
Trek To Onake Abbi Falls and Kavaledurga Fort
Kavaledurga Fort Sunset
Reach Campsite and Freshen up
Have Breakfast ( Malnad Style Cuisine)
Get Set for the trek to Onake Abbi Falls
Rejenuvate at the falls
Drive down to Kavaledurga fort
Hike up to the fort
Descend by 5 PM approx
Dinner and retire for the night
Visit Kundadri Hills
Wake up early morning
Visit Malgudi Days Doddamane
Visit Kundadri Hills
Visit Sringeri ( Optional only if time permits )
Depart to Bangalore and reach late night by 11:00 PM(Approx)
New Udupi Grand,Goto Google Maps
New Shanti SagarGoto Google Maps
KTM Mekhri Circle,Goto Google Maps
Yeshwanthpur MetroGoto Google Maps
Things To Carry
- Soft Copy of your Aadhar/Voter ID (Mandatorily required for permits)
- A small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- Power Bank
- Warm Layer
- Water bottles – 2 (1 liter each)
- Lunch Box & Spoon to carry your packed lunch
- Raincoat/Bag covers in case of rains
- A comfortable pair of shoes with good grip for trekking
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Torch/Headlamp to be used at night
- Portable chargers for your electronics
- Extra pair of clothes to change into once wet
- Next, Polybags to pack your wet clothes
- Last, Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- Firstly, consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey and the trek. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun.
- Secondly, do not expect any luxuries on the trip. The locations that we host are at remote places and we do our best to arrange the basic facilities. The goal is to be outdoors.
- Thirdly, the Food that shall be provided will be Basic Veg Food. We do not serve Non-Veg Food.
- Next, put Litter in its place, do not trash your travel.
- Lastly, in case of traffic delays or breakdowns, expect a little delay in reaching the destination.
- In conclusion, Plan The Unplanned shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewellery etc. Kindly do take care.
- I have booked the trek when will I get further updates regarding the trek?
Well, most of our treks are usually confirmed by Thursday and you would receive a BON VOYAGE mail that would contain details regarding Pickup Points ( Location and Timings ), Outdoor Leader ( Point of Contact ) ’s, and Don’ts.
- Would I be added to a WhatsApp Group once the trek is confirmed?
Yes, the Bon Voyage mail would contain a link for Whatsapp Group through which one can join and interact with fellow travelers and outdoor leaders.
- Do I have any other boarding points apart from the ones mentioned?
Yes, we do have options for picking a traveler on board with a few locations provided they are on the route to our destination. The following are the same:
- Croma Store, Sony World Signal
- Trinity Circle Metro Station
- Yeshwanthpur Metro Station
- Goraguntepalya Metro Station
- Nayanadahalli Metro Station
- Do I have to carry luggage all the way during trekking?
Not at all. You could keep all the extra luggage back at the campsite/homestay and carry only the necessary stuff for the trek ( Raincoats, Torchlight, Waterbottle, lunchbox, and your valuable )
- Do you have Washrooms during the trek?
Well, you are in the mountains and none of our trails have a washroom facility during the trek.
- Is the trek safe for Women/Girls?
Yes, it’s much safe and sound. We have been organizing these treks over the years now and we always have had an equal ratio or sometimes we have women in the majority. We also have female outdoor leaders who are on board and lead the other trekking enthusiast. We have made sure our homestay/tent accommodation is separate for men and women.
- Would I be able to postpone to a future in case I do not attend the trek on the day of departure?
We are extremely sorry, you cannot postpone to any future date in case you fail to attend the trek on the mentioned date for any reasons whatsoever ( family/health/work emergencies ). You can write to us at [email protected] as regards and our team will get in touch with you on the same
About Your Hosts
Plan The Unplanned
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops?
This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited
They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day!
Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together.
Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
Book an upcoming batch
[[selectedBatch.startdate|date]] to [[selectedBatch.enddate|date]][[selectedBatch.starttime|date:'shortTime']] to [[selectedBatch.endtime|date:'shortTime']]
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[selectedBatch.price | number:0]]/- per person
[[instance.price | number:0]]/- per person
Got Questions ?
WhatsApp Plan The Unplanned
Been Here, Post A Review:
More From Plan The Unplanned
[[ event.name ]] (Soldout)
[[price.price | number:0]]/- [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[event.price | number:0]]/- [[event.price_striked]][[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
Free [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']] , Available Seats: [[ batch.batch_size-batch.numberofbookings-batch.numberofbookings_from_host ]] No Upcoming Batches Show All