AULI – The Snowy Weekend Getaway!
Joshimath - Auli
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 4 Days 3 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy Moderate
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April) Summer (May, June, July)
In the laps of the mighty Himalayas in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand lie the epitome of adventure and mystic - Auli. It is a man-made ski ground and popular “Skiing” spot in India. Locally people call it “Auli Bugyal” i.e., meadows. Thousands of visitors every year visit Auli for various activities and nearby attractions. In Auli, one can enjoy panoramic views of lofty Himalayas. Auli looks more astounding in winters because of snow-covered landscapes. Well, we suggest you why not just visit us and decide for yourself.
So, strap up your bags to join the most extraordinary Auli trip with an extremely passionate group of people! It will most likely emerge as a perfect start to your lifelong tryst with the Himalayas.
Who should attend?
Uttarakhand's Auli is a lovely hill town. The town is charming all year round despite its reputation as a haven for skiers. Yet, the best activities in Auli are only available during the winter. One can start by simply admiring the destination's ethereal beauty while it is covered with snow.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Included
The journey starts from Delhi. Time is of the essence in any experience. Joshimath is around 513 km away from Delhi and takes approximately 13 hours to reach. Route - We make our way through Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Roorkee, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag, before reaching Joshimath the following day. The journey to Rishikesh is an overnight one, after that we buckle up for another 8 hours of a little strenuous yet stunning mountain drive! Most part of the journey traverses the mountain side, with the river flowing below you. (Don’t forget to take pictures at the confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers at Devprayag.)
The estimated arrival time is around lunch. Long journeys can be exhausting for some, hence this fairly early arrival gives you time to relax and rejuvenate, and for those not too tired from the journey it is a picturesque location, an eye candy for the shutterbugs. You can go around the market and explore the cute little shops around, famous sightseeing points – Kalpavriksha, Narsingh Temple, Shankarcharya Math.
Early to bed and early to rise is definitely what we prefer. We advise our travellers to get proper rest before we get up, close, and personal with Auli also known famously as the winter adventure capital of India the following day.
Wake up and hop in the vehicle, in 15 mins we will reach and begin with the much-awaited Auli tour. Get ready for adventurous activities including skiing, cable car, gondola rides, artificial lake, and so much more. Post spending the day at Auli later in the evening head back to Joshimath to retire for the day.
Stay Not Applicable
Bidding farewell to Auli we drive back to Delhi, bid your goodbyes to your new friends, and fall back to the comfort of your home with all the beautiful memories from the trip.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
- 2 Night’s Accommodations in Hotel in Joshimath.
- Meals (All Veg):
- Joshimath (4 Meals in total - 2 Dinners, 2 Breakfast)
- Trip Cordinator.
- Exclusive Non-AC Vehicle dedicated for the Group during the entire Tour.
- Vehicle type: Tempo Traveller/Ertiga/Dzire/Sumo/Bulero/ or similar.
- Driver Allowances, toll taxes, parking, state taxes.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature/excursions/medical exigency not mentioned in the inclusions (skiing, gondola ride, cable ride etc).
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
- In case there is a road blockage due to heavy snowfall, the tempo traveller/car might not be able to travel further. In those cases, 4X4 would need to be booked thereon. That would be chargeable and the cost would be split and paid by the guests.
Mayur Vihar Extension Metro Station, Gate no 2
HOW TO REACH
By train: The nearest railway station is at New Delhi Railway Station. Hire a cab to Mayur Vihar Extention Metro Gate No. 2. Your trekking experience to Auli starts from here.
By road: Hire a cab or you can ride any vehicle. Reach Mayur Vihar Extention Metro Gate No. 2. From here we will pick you up for your entralling journey ahead.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, hire a cab to reach Mayur Vihar Extention Metro Gate No. 2. Your trekking experience to Auli starts from here.
Policy and Terms
- We understand that plans change sometimes. If you need to cancel/reduce/amend a guaranteed reservation, please do so latest by 12 noon, 30 days prior to arrival, to avoid cancellation charges. 100% non-refundable should there be any cancellation within 30 days of arrival.
- For all bookings, if the guest doesn’t show up/leave the trek/trip mid-way the complete booking will be non-refundable.
- There would be no refund provided in case any issue arising due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. Any changes which require additional charges would need to be borne by the guests.
- If a trip is cancelled at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, medical, heavy Traffic etc.) then the guest would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount. (Subject to availability). There will be no refund.
- If a stay has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh,Heavy , Medical, Traffic etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
- Travelmite will not bear any extra expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, Arranging transportation etc.).
Terms and Conditions
- 50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment Upon Boarding.
- Please note that the slots and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking. MANDATORY DOCUMENT
- Since the hotel is located at an high altitude, The WAIVER OF LIABILITY, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, and ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT form needs to be duly signed by each guest before the commencement of any trip.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 11 am.
- We look forward to welcoming your guests at the hotel. If they want to check-in early, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige, subject to availability. Both entail a nominal additional charge.
- If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
- The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
What is special about Auli?
Auli is a famous hill station and a popular winter destination as ski resort of India, known for its snowy slopes, Auli has everything that an ideal tourist dreamed for like Himalayan Views, Meadows, adventure activities, romantic vistas, cable cars and much more.
Is it safe to travel to Auli?
Local people of Auli are very humble and even make sure that all the tourists are safe and sound. Lastly, common sense is always important to keep oneself out of troubles.
What kind of weather can be expected in Auli?
Summer in Auli stays from April to June making this period very pleasant with temperate and cool climate. Monsoon season can be avoided from June to You can feel the chills of winter at Auli from October itself which gets intense from December to February, this is also the time when it snows heavily here.
Is there ATM facility available in Auli?
ATMs are not available in Auli. There are few ATMs available in Joshimath.
What is the best time for Skiing in Auli?
Although skiing is subjected to snowfall and weather conditions in Auli, but still time between late January and February are the perfect months for learning skiing on the slopes of Auli.
From where can I get the Skiing gear in Auli?
Skiing gear can be rented from Joshimath and Auli, there are a few local vendors in Auli who provides the skiing gear on rental basis.
When can I expect snowfall in Auli?
Mostly snowfall occurs between the months December to March Auli. This time is most suitable to visit here for winter sports like skiing and hiking.
What Fairs and Festivals are celebrated in Auli?
• Mata Murti Ka Mela Celebrated in the month of September, the Mata Murti Ka Mela is a religious festival for the Hindus. On this day, Shri Badrinath's mother is worshipped and a large procession is held at the Badrinath temple.
• Auli Winter Carnival During peak winters, Auli comes to life as it celebrates its snow day in January or February. The icy slopes in Auli start to buzz with skiers and snowboarders allowing them to indulge in this extremely fun sport. Ski Events are also held on the slopes of Auli in January and February.
Which is the nearest airport to Auli?
The nearest airport to Auli is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun which is approximately 285 kms from Auli.
What are nearby places one can go from Auli?
There are few other places which can be visited from Auli. The town of Joshimath is just 16 kms away from Auli. The famous shrine of Badrinath is at a distance of 60 kms from Auli. In addition to that, famous town of Mana is just 4 kms from Badrinath.
Where is Joshimath?
Joshimath is situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, the sacred town of Joshimath spreads its celestial aura in the entire Garhwal region of Uttarakhand.
Why is Joshimath famous?
Joshimath is famous for pilgrimage and trekking.
During winters, the deity from Badrinath is brought to Vasudeva temple in Joshimath. Pilgrims can thus see blessings from lord Vishnu in winter as well.
What are the nearest airport and railway stations from Joshimath?
Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport and Rishikesh Railway Station is the nearest railway station for Joshimath in Uttarakhand.
What is the best time to visit Joshimath?
The best time to visit Joshimath is April, May, Sept, Oct and November.
What is the distance between Auli and Joshimath?
Auli is situated at a distance of 10 to 12 kms from Joshimath.
Is covid certificate required?
Is it recommended to bring kids to this trip?
Children younger than 10 years old are not advised for group outings. Children older than 10 years old are welcome to join us if they are healthy (no history of a breathing ailment specifically) and can withstand the elements.
Are washroom/toilet facilities available on the trek?
The swiss camps along with attached washrooms are arranged for the stay at Chopta and the guest house facilities come with the attached washroom too.
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.