Parvati Valley (Winter)
Parvati Valley, Himachal Pradesh
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
Welcome to Back-Pack-Go
We personally hope you leave the city version of you behind. We're going to the hills
Let us give you a little idea of how we at Vagabond Experiences do group trips. First of all, we don’t do ‘tour operators’. Every group will be accompanied by an Experience Manager (AKA. EM | AKA. Ex-Man). EMs are trained to do one job; help you have a comfortable, safe, and fulfilling experience.
Through the ages, the mountains have been a getaway for many a traveller. But, this valley holds a special place amidst them. Parvati is home to many small villages, some ancient cultures, and an abundance of natural beauty. Honestly speaking, a lifetime might not be enough to explore everything that this beautiful place has to offer. But think of this trip as a careful and relaxed introduction.
-One meal a day
-Travel insurance (we recommend you take one)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Sturdy shoes for walking/climbing (well-fitting, neither loose nor tight)
2. An extra smaller backpack for day outings
3. Water bottle (try avoiding buying mineral water bottles to reduce plastic waste)
4. Toiletries, Torch, Lip-balm, Sunscreen, Sunglasses.
5. Personal Medication (Asthma, allergen medication etc.)
7. Rainwear, rain cover for bags (VERY IMPORTANT if you're traveling during monsoons)
8. Binoculars, camera (optional)
9. Sufficient liquid cash
10. Crepe bandage (each person should have 1 roll each)
11. Warm clothes (It's going to be freezing between Nov-Feb. Carry the most effective warm clothing you can)
HOW TO REACH
Depending on how you're travelling to Delhi, you can either take a rickshaw or taxi (Uber/Ola) to RK Ashram Metro. Further details regarding the exact location will be shared closer to the trip dateGoto Google Maps
Policy and Terms
-In case of cancellations 1 month prior to the trip, Rs 4,000 will be deducted
-In case of cancellations 15 days prior to the trip, Rs 8,000 will be deducted
-In case of cancellations 1 week prior to the trip, Rs 10,000 will be deducted
-In case of cancellations within 1 week of the trip, Rs 12,000 will be deducted
-In case of cancellations on the day of departure, no refund shall be admissible
-In case of cancellations from our end due to COVID or safety-related reasons, an 85-100% refund (excluding taxes) will be initiated, depending on any cancellation charges we may have to bear.
1) What region of north India are we traveling to?
-We're traveling from Delhi to Bhuntar > Kalga which is a part of Parvati Valley in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh.
2) What altitude would we be traveling to?
-Kalga is at an altitude of approximately 9,498 ft (2,895 m)
3) What will the temperature be like while we're there?
-Temperatures rise to a maximum of 12°C during the day and can drop to a minimum of 1°C during the night
4) Is there mobile connectivity in Parvati Valley?
-You will have a good network and internet connection at almost all the locations.
5) Are there any ATMs where we're traveling?
-There are a couple of ATMs at Kasol market, however, carry liquid cash at all times.
6) Can I smoke/drink on this trip?
-We at Vagabond do not refrain our participants from smoking or drinking on our backpacking trips. However, there are times you will be disallowed to do so (monasteries, treks, sacred spaces etc). Indulge in these activities very responsibly.
7) What will the group size be?
-We will be maximum 15 travelers and 1-2 Vagabond EMs.
8) Is there any age limit to join this trip?
-No, there is no age limit to join this trip. However, based on our previous experiences, the age group of travelers is usually between 18-30.
9) Can I join this expedition solo?
-Yes, of course, you can! We have a good number of solo travelers on almost every Vagabond experience.
10) How physically fit do I need to be to join this trip?
-This trip doesn't have a very high physical requirement. You need to be able to walk long distances on flat plains and be able to do a day trek too. Those who have a low tolerance of cold should be prepared with temperature-appropriate clothing.
11) Are there doctors/hospitals in Parvati Valley?
-Kasol market has a doctors dispensary which is at a convenient distance from our homestay