- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 8 Days 7 Nights
- 15 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 17+ years
- Touchdown at Guwahati airport, meet up with your fellow Meghalayan backpackers and get ready for a scenic ride through rugged mountains.
- We’ll make a photo stop at Umiam lake to make your friends back home jealous AF - before rolling into Cherrapunji.
- Get to know the squad over an included dinner, swapping stories and getting excited for the adventures to come.
- Rise and shine! - Our Meghalayan adventures start here! We’ll first head to Mawsmai Caves.
- Try to turn yourself into jelly as we enter the caves and move through narrow twists and turns.
- Exiting from another end of the cave with a sense of accomplishment, this will definitely pump your adrenaline!!
- Then: it’s time for a trek to Wei Sadong waterfalls.
- A short 40 minute walk one way, we'll be venturing through some dense forest!
- Take a dip in the crystal clear pool at the bottom or laze around the boulders.
- End your day with a visit to Nohkalikai Falls - Tallest plunge waterfall of India and 4th in the world. Yup, no biggie.
- You can’t do Meghalaya without the living root bridges, and today we are headed for one that puts all to shame.
- No lies, it's a tiresome 2-hour trek each way.
- But a dip in the freshwater pools along with some natural pedicures and pictures on the Double Decker bridge will make it worth the pain, trust us.
- Hiking back before the sun sets in, we’ll end the day with a much deserved delicious dinner.
- Ah, this is gonna be good! PS: We'll also cover Rainbow Falls which is another 1.5 hours trek from the double decker living root bridges.
- Only if you've got the legs for it!
- Then it's goodbye Cherrapunjee and hello Dawki. But first, we will make a pit stop at Asia's cleanest village - Mawlynnong. We'll climb a tree house to get a splendid view of Bangladesh while we're at it!
- Plaster your face to the window and soak up all the views as we make our way to our riverside camp for the night. Sound of rushing water, wind whistling through trees and a bonfire to dance around, it's a perfect place to spend the night with your fellow Junglees
- If Shnongpdeng had a Tinder profile it would read: fun-filled outdoor enthusiast – looking for a fellow adrenaline junkie to share adventures with.
- And be filled with pics of people throwing themselves off cliffs. Swiping right? Hell yes! Kayaking. Snorkelling, Cliff jumping.
- You want it, this place has it. And you’ve got a whole morning to embrace it all. After lunch, we’ll make our way to Shillong - our home for tonight.
- Freshen up, gather the gang and see and get ready to explore the night life at the coolest hill station of India.
- Put the morning to good use by curing the hangover from last night. Feel free to explore Shillong City at your own pace.
- Indulge in it's food & shopping scenes and make the most of your time at Shillong.
- We'll commence the road-trip to Kaziranga after lunch & watch the sunset en route.
- We'll reach our Jungle Resort just in time to have dinner and retire for the night because we have yet another day full of adventures lined up tomorrow.
- Down your breakfast super early and put on your safari clothes because we are headed straight into one of the most revered jungles in the world!
- This national park is famous for one horned rhinocerous, tigers, wild elephants and we will do a jungle jeep safari and fancy our luck to spot these magnificent animals.
- After having a delicious local lunch, we will make our way to the capital city of Assam - Guwahati - the land of unmatched diverse culture and local cuisines.
- We'll stop by to purchase the different varieties of world famous Assamese tea which is locally grown here.
- This is our last night of the trip and we're hell bent to make it a memorable one! Tonight, we're gonna party like its the last night of our lives ! ;)
- Gulp down your breakfast and wipe off those tears, the adventure continues till the very end!
- We will explore this city, feel free to go to the banks of the mighty Brahmaputra River to watch a magnificent sunrise one last time.
- The North-East Memories come to an end here!
- We'll go back to Guwahati airport by afternoon to eventually board our flights back home.
- Until next time Junglees :)
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Have you ever been through the headache of planning THAT perfect getaway where you can cover the absolute best of a destination, meet & vibe with like-minded people, hog on delicious local cuisines, get a fine mix of luxury as well as off-beat experiences and also be in a safe, mellow environment ALL AT THE SAME TIME? Well, thats what Junglee is all about! ;)
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
- ACTIVITIES :-
- UMIAM LAKE VISIT WEI SADONG WATERFALL HIKE
- CAVING AT MAWSMAI CAVES NOHKALIKAI FALLS
- VISIT DOUBLE DECKER LIVING ROOT
- SWIM IN CRYSTAL CLEAR PONDS MAWLYNNONG
- VILLAGE TOUR
- KAYAKING IN DAWKI
- CLIFF JUMPING
- CAMPING & BONFIRE IN DAWKI
- SHOPPING AT POLICE BAZAAR
- JUNGLE SAFARI AT KAZIRANGA
- ASSAMESE TEA TASTING
- BRIDGE TREK I
- INCLUSIONS:- TRIP BUDDY & SUPPORT Pre-trip support on travel related matters. Plus experienced trip leader for top suggestions & support you need along the way
- Supercomfy hotels/ resorts & camps
- 7 X Breakfast 6 X Dinner
- All intercity and local transportation as per Itinerary by Non-AC Tempo traveler including Guwahati airport pickup & drop off.
- Entry fees for included places and local taxes are all included. No hidden charges
- Flights to Guwahati & back. You can book them yourself or with us separately. Refer to FAQ section.
- PERSONAL EXPENSES Anything not mentioned in inclusions is considered as a personal expense.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Snacks to munch on (Dry fruits/ready-to-eat packs)
- Water (2 liters)
- Extra Pair of Clothes Torch (must)
- Winter Jacket Sturdy shoes for the trek Sweets/energy bars / Glucon D (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Personal medications
- Electrol powder / energy bars
- Mosquito Repellent
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc)
Policy and Terms
ADVANCE AMOUNT PAID TO US IS ENTIRELY NON-REFUNDABLE.
15 days prior to the date of departure: Rs 50% will be deducted.
7 days prior to the date of departure: Rs 75% will be deducted.
6 DAYS TO THE DATE OF DEPARTURE:
NO REFUNDS SHALL BE INITIATED. CANCELLATION POLICY:
P.S:- All refunds to be initiated only 3 days post the trip concludes
Terms and Conditions
FULL PAYMENT OF THE TRIP COST MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE TRIP BEGINS.
PENDING PAYMENTS MAY EVENTUALLY LEAD TO THE CANCELLATION OF THE TRIP.
THE IDS SHALL ALL BE VERIFIED BEFORE BOARDING.
NO BOARDING SHALL BE ENTERTAINED WITHOUT A VALID GOVT. ID.
THE TRANSFER OF THE BOOKINGS IS NOT PERMITTED.
ONLY THE NAMES MENTIONED AT THE TIME OF CONFIRMATION SHALL BE ALLOWED TO TRAVEL.
NO REFUNDS SHALL BE MADE TOWARDS ANY INCLUSION(S) NOT AVAILED BY THE CLIENT.
TRAVELERS MUST TAKE CARE OF THEIR LUGGAGE & BELONGINGS.
THE MANAGEMENT SHALL NOT BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR MISSING ITEMS ALONG THE TOUR.
THE TIME OF DEPARTURE IS STATED & FIXED.
ALL TRAVELERS MUST UPDATE THEIR STATUS WITH THE TRIP COORDINATOR(S), & REPORT AT THE PICKUP POINT 30 MINS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE.
THE AIR CONDITIONING WILL BE SWITCHED OFF IN THE HILLS.
ALSO, DURING THE TRIP, IT SHALL BE THE DRIVER’S DISCRETION TO PUT OFF THE AC AS & WHEN REQUIRED, CONSIDERING THE TRAVELERS’ SAFETY & EASE OF TRAVEL ALONG UNEVEN & DANGEROUS ROUTES.
OUR TIME OF DEPARTURE IS FIXED MUST DEPART BY THE STATED TIME & KEEP THEIR STATUS UPDATED WITH THE TRIP COORDINATOR(S).
ANYONE MISSING THE BUS SHALL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY REFUNDS.
WE SHALL CALL YOU TWICE BEFORE THE SCHEDULE DEPARTURE.
DRINKING & SMOKING ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ALONG THE TOUR DUE TO HEALTH & SAFETY CONCERNS.
OUR TOURS INVOLVE PHYSICALLY DEMANDING ACTIVITIES SUCH AS TREKKING, CAMPING AT HIGH ALTITUDES AND WE RECOMMEND FOR YOU TO BE IN THE RIGHT SHAPE TO MAKE MOST OF THEM.
NO ACT OF MISCONDUCT OR INDISCIPLINE SHALL BE TOLERATED ON THE TOURS.
WE ARE A CORDIAL TRAVEL COMMUNITY AND WE ASPIRE TO BRING TO YOU A HASSLE FREE AND MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE.
JUNGLEE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS OR ALTERATIONS IN THE PROGRAM OR INDIRECTLY INCURRED EXPENSES IN CASES SUCH AS NATURAL HAZARDS, ACCIDENT, BREAKDOWN OF MACHINERY, WEATHER CONDITIONS, LANDSLIDES, POLITICAL CLOSURE OR ANY UNTOWARD INCIDENTS.
WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY INSURANCE POLICY TO COVER FOR THE EXPENDITURE ON SICKNESS OR ACCIDENTS OR LOSSES INCURRED DUE TO THEFT OR OTHER REASONS. NUMEROUS FACTORS SUCH AS WEATHER AND ROAD CONDITIONS THE PHYSICAL ABILITY OF PARTICIPANTS ETC.
MAY BRING ALTERATION IN THE ITINERARY.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE NECESSARY CHANGES IN THE SCHEDULE IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, COMFORT AND GENERAL WELL-BEING!
1. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I PAY THE BOOKING AMOUNT?
We'll send you payment confirmation & booking details at your provided email address and will put you in touch with our trip leader for any help you need preparing for this trip. You'll be also added to the trip's WhatsApp group so that you can get familiar with the fellow travelers.
2. WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED THAT I SHOULD BUDGET FOR?
There are lot of great things you could spend your money on. But, remember that your trip already includes plenty of things such as breakfast everyday, few lunch(s) & dinner(s), activities, sightseeing & much more. You yourself can make the best judgement as per your spending habits, but the necessary expense you'll incur will be on remaining meals & few petty things which average around ₹3000. Budget extra for shopping, alcohol & other activities you may plan to do.
3. WHO CAN JOIN THIS TRIP?
Anyone aged between 16-40 can join this trip. You can join solo, with a friend/partner or in a group. No matter your preference, our trips allow you to have a
4. IS THE TRIP GOOD FOR SOLO TRAVELERS ALSO OR DO I NEED TO JOIN WITH A FRIEND?
Yes, we get a lot of solo travelers on all our trips and we highly encourage you to join solo! You can join solo or even with friends/siblings. The trip is a nice fit for young energetic people keen to experience the heavenly state of Meghalaya along with Kaziranga in the best way (visiting the best places and indulging in great experiences, at the same time meeting new people, many of whom you will definitely want to chill with after the trip!)
More From Junglee Outdoors
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]