Uttarakhand Exploration Tour
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 10 Days 9 Nights
- For 12+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan)
Uttarakhand is a state in northern India that shares borders with the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, and Himachal Pradesh as well as the Tibetan Autonomous Region of China. Its northern regions are home to some of India's tallest peaks and it is located in the Himalayas.
Discover the spectacular landscape of Uttarakhand, an Indian state in the north that is full of unspoiled, charming beauty just waiting to be discovered. Uttarakhand is a state blessed with a variety of flora and wildlife, from Landsowne to Jim Corbett and Mukteshwar. Visit hiking paths, trekking expeditions, special experiences, and mountain summits for breathtaking vistas. Explore the serene environment of Jim Corbett National Park as you navigate the tranquil waters of Naini Lake in Nainital. You will be in awe of Uttarakhand's captivating beauty. Visit the Beatles ashram, where the members of the well-known band found inspiration and where many of their songs were first written.
Join us on a 10-day adventure to Uttarakhand to see it like never before! Read the itinerary to know more!
Day 1: Drive from Delhi to Rishikesh
Day 2: Exploring Rishikesh
Day 3: Sightseeing at Rishikesh
Day 4: Rishikesh to Joshimath
Day 5: Joshimath to Auli
Day 6: Joshimath to Kausani
Day 7: Drive from Kausani to Binsar
Day 8: Binsar Sightseeing
Day 9: Binsar to Delhi
Day 10: Reach Delhi to end the tour
Meals Not Included
Distance: 250 Kilometers
Time: 6 Hours
The group members will meet at the pickup location at the designated time.
We will move toward Rishikesh after a brief orientation session led by the trip guide. As part of our trip, we would pass via Haridwar to get to Rishikesh
At 409 metres above sea level, Rishikesh is nestled between the Shivalik range and the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan Range. Rishikesh is located 240 kilometres from New Delhi, and 25 kilometres from Jollygrant Airport in Dehradun. Rishikesh offers breathtaking views of hills covered in vegetation. Ganga and Chandrabhaga meet at Rishikesh as well. The big river Ganges herself, rushing quickly past the city, is Rishikesh's most magnificent draw.
We will settle into our assigned destination in Rishikesh and have some free time thereafter. Following that, we'll go river rafting in the powerful Ganga's tides and participate in cliff jumping in Rishikesh.
We will celebrate the evening with some music, food, a bonfire, and other festivities. After dinner, spend the night in Rishikesh.
Many yogis, rishis, sages, and sannyasis have travelled to Rishikesh to practise yoga in this serene setting since ancient times, and this trend is still present now. Rishikesh has since gained a reputation as a sage's residence.
We'll leave for some local sightseeing after an early-morning meal and stop by the renowned Beatles Ashram. Ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula are also on our itinerary. Additionally, we would indulge in café hopping and discover the variety of eateries Rishikesh has to offer. In the evening, we'll go to Triveni Ghat for Ganga Aarti. Stay in Rishikesh for the night.
Distance: 253 Kilometers
Time: 8 Hours
A town called Joshimath may be found in the Chamoli District in the state of Uttarakhand. Hindus hold this location in the highest regard, and it serves as a significant national centre for pilgrimage. Due to the abundance of temples and religious monuments, a large number of pilgrims and tourists may be seen in the region during the pilgrimage season.
We will depart from our accommodations in Rishikesh after an early-morning meal and go to Joshimath. The four confluences of the Ganga river, namely, Karnaprayag, Devprayag, Nand Prayag, and Rudraprayag, will be visible to us as we travel the Badrinath road on the way to Joshimath. As soon as we get to Joshimath, we will check into the predetermined hotel. We'll spend the night at Joshimath after having dinner.
Following an early-morning meal, we will travel to Auli, a Himalayan ski resort that is guarded by the Nanda Devi and Nar Parvat mountains. The Auli Cable Car, India's second-highest and longest ropeway after Gulmarg, offers a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains. Winter activities like snowboarding, skiing and others are available for tourists to enjoy.
After that, we'll return to Joshimath and enjoy the remaining day at our leisure. Spend the night at Joshimath.
Distance: 180 Kilometers
Time: 5 Hours
Kausani is renowned for its breathtaking scenery, snow-capped mountains, foggy valleys, and pine woods. Mahatma Gandhi referred to this place as the "Switzerland of India" because of the abundance of attractions it offers visitors.
Following breakfast in the early morning, we will check out of our hotel in Joshimath and travel to Kausani, a charming little village in Uttarakhand's Bageshwar region. The picturesque surroundings and expansive vistas of Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Panchachuli, among other Himalayan Peaks, make Kausani famous.
We'll go to Kausani and check into the hotel we've chosen. It is encouraged for visitors to go on nature walks and spend time outdoors.
After dinner, spend the night in Kausani.
Distance: 73 Kilometers
Time: 3 Hours
One of the gorgeous spots in the Kumaon highlands is the tranquil and charming village, located at the height of 2,420 m. Due to its location, it provides breathtaking views of the beautiful Himalayan peaks including Chaukhamba, Trishul, Nanda Devi, Shivling, and Panchachuli. According to locals, Lord Shiva-dedicated Bineshwar Mahadev temple is where Binsar got its name.
We will leave our accommodation in Kausani after an early-morning breakfast and take a tour of the city's main attractions.
The local market would be explored, and we would go shopping for crafts. 208 hectares of land make up the Kausani Tea Estate, which will also be on our itinerary. After that, we'll proceed to Binsar. We will check into our campsite once we reach Binsar. After dinner, spend the night at Binsar.
The magnificent mountain panorama from Zero Point in Binsar is its main draw. Bird watchers, environment enthusiasts, and landscape photographers would appreciate Binsar as a vacation destination. It is renowned for having a diverse mix of vegetation and animals.
We will go for a sightseeing trip after an early-morning meal, travelling via the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, home to more than 200 different types of animals. We'll also travel to Binsar Zero Point, which is in the Sanctuary's centre and gives a breathtaking 360-degree panorama of the neighbouring Himalayan peaks.
We will return to our campground in the evening to celebrate the new year with a groovy DJ, tasty snacks, a campfire, and cake. After dinner, spend the night at Binsar.
Distance: 400 Kilometers
Time: 10 Hours
After an early breakfast, we'll check out of the hotel and partake in adventure pursuits in Binsar including rock climbing, ziplining, and rappelling. We'll then get to Delhi to make our way back.
Stay Not Included
The group will split up and go their ways once they get to Delhi. We bid goodbyes with heavy hearts and cherish all the memories.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Transportation in Tempo Traveler / AC Bus from Delhi to Delhi.
- Surface Transfer in Tempo Traveler / AC Bus for local sightseeing
- Accommodations on sharing basis as per itinerary.
- Meal Plan: MAPI (Breakfast+ Dinner, starting from Day 2 Dinner till Day 9 Breakfast)
- Sightseeing as per the Itinerary.
- Rafting and Cliff Jumping in Rishikesh
- Rock climbing, Ziplining, Rappeling in Binsar.
- Ropeway tickets/Transport to Auli
- Complimentary 2+2 - Veg & Non-Veg Snacks for New Year Celebration.
- Complimentary Cake for New Year Celebration.
- Complimentary Cake for Christmas Celebration.
- Music and Bonfire for Christmas and New Year Celebrations.
- The trip Captain will be present at all times during the tour.
- Driver Allowances.
- All necessary permits.
- Toll Taxes and Parking Charges.
- Mechanical Support
- First Aid Kits
- 5% GST
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Any additional expenses of personal nature.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare / Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation.
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the tour itinerary.
Policy and Terms
Intimation Period - Cancellation Fee
30 days or more - 10% of Invoice amount
29-15 days - 50% of the Invoice amount
0- 14 days - 100 % of the total invoice amount
*Intimation Period means the number of days before the tour is scheduled to start
**Cancellation Fee is the amount of money that will be deducted from the total billing amount before offering a refund.
Last-minute cancellations due to work, health issues, etc., any kind of emergencies will not be entertained and no refund or transfer shall be allowed for the same.
You can transfer your bookings to anyone who is willing to join the event to avoid loss of money!
The tickets once booked cannot be moved to any other dates.
We are not responsible for the cancellation of a trip due to flight cancellation, train cancellation or delay in flights.
Terms and Conditions
- Day backpack (20 – 30 Ltrs): When you are on a local sightseeing tour, you are required to carry only a few necessary items and for that, you need a day backpack as you will leave your bigger one at your designated stay.
- Floaters or Sandals: When you are spending your day at leisure, a good pair of sandals and floaters will help you to move freely.
- Outdoor Shoes: A comfortable shoe is required when traveling outdoors, especially in the mountains. They shouldn’t be chunky, instead, they should be lightweight and sturdy.
- 3 Quick Dry Tees: You must keep at least three pairs of quick dry tees so that you can wash them in between stops for proper hygiene.
- 3 Pair of Cotton Socks: Cotton socks are extremely comfortable to move around in and are lightweight as well which is why you can always count on a good pair of cotton socks. However, keep in mind to change them and avoid wearing them when they are wet.
- 1 Down Jacket / Main Jacket: It’s emphasized that you need to carry proper layers so you can avoid getting cold which is why you need to carry an insulated jacket that you can put on over your other clothes.
- Lip Balm: Your lips can become chapped due to the harsh cold winds so it's important to keep them moisturized.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+): To avoid sunburns and chafing, you need to put on sunscreen as well as cold cream.
- Water Bottle 1 Ltr.: Hydration is extremely important when it comes to traveling. Carrying a water bottle that you can refill with Himalayan water is a must.
- 1 Pair of Thermal: Thermal is a piece of garment that helps in keeping your body warm in cold temperatures. It is a necessary item that you need when traveling to cold regions.
- 1 Pair of Woolen Socks: A good pair of woolen socks, especially merino, are comfortable, limit odors and provide adequate insulation from the cold so you can wear them at night.
- 1 Poncho: A poncho is an evolved form of a raincoat that provides coverage to your body as well as your bag and ensures total water protection from the rain.
- Quick-dry towel: A quick-dry towel will help in maintaining proper hygiene. It must dry quickly because the wet fabric will only increase the chance of bacterial growth.
- Gloves: Insulated gloves help in maintaining proper body heat in your hands.
- Sanitizer: Prevent the risk of infections and maintain proper hand hygiene by making sure you carry a hand sanitizer.
- Sun Cap: A lightweight sun cap with side flaps is perfect to keep your head cool and avoid sunburns on a sunny day.
- Bag for all your Toiletries: A bag with all your essentials including napkins, toothpaste, sanitizers, paper soap, etc should be carried in a ziplock bag.
- Personal Basic Medical Kit: Carrying a medical kit with bandages, Dettol, and medication for headache, nausea, etc is necessary.
- Sunglasses / People who use spectacles (Use Photochromic glasses instead of contact lenses): Photochromatic glasses are specs that are designed to transform into anti-glare shades depending upon exposure to the sun. They are good when it comes to eye protection but one can also opt for clip-on glasses etc.
- Mobile charger / Power bank: Although you'll get electricity at most places, it is always advisable to carry a charged power bank in case of emergencies.
- Documents: Identification proofs like Aadhar Card, and driver's License.
- Travel Laundry Bag: In case your clothes get wet or your garments don’t dry, you can carry them in the bag and keep them separate from your dry clothes.
- Camera: This should be obvious. To make sure that you get to capture all the great moments from your trip. Make sure that you have enough storage and some extra batteries as well.
Q: What makes the Uttarakhand Explorer Edition unique?
A: The Uttarakhand Explorer Edition is a yearly excursion that is especially planned around the Christmas and New Year celebrations so that individuals who want to travel during the holiday season can do so worry-free. Christmas and New Year's parties with a DJ, bonfire, and good company are included in the 10-day trip.
Q: What time of year is ideal for visiting Uttarakhand?
A: Although Uttarakhand experiences good weather all year long, the best times to visit are generally said to be from March to April and from September to October.
Q: What time of year in Rishikesh is ideal for river rafting?
A: September until the middle of April is the ideal time for river rafting. Avoid May and June since they have very strange temperatures that make it difficult to reclaim one's original character.
Q: Does River Rafting in Rishikesh have an age limit?
A: Yes, river rafting is not permitted for children under the age of 14 in Rishikesh.
Q: What other adventurous pursuits are available in Rishikesh besides rafting?
A: Rishikesh is renowned for offering exhilarating white water rafting adventures. It also provides other adventurous activities, though. Rock climbing, cliff leaping, kayaking, bungee jumping, and flying fox are all enjoyable activities.
Q: What time of year in Auli is best for skiing?
A: Although snowfall and weather conditions can affect skiing in Auli, the months of late November to mid-March are still ideal.
Q: When will Auli likely experience snowfall?
A: Snowfall is to be expected from December until mid-March.
Q: What is the renown of Kausani?
A: A small town in Uttarakhand's Bageshwar district is called Kausani. Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Panchachuli are just a few of the majestic Himalayan Peaks that can be seen from here.
Q: What is the renown of Binsar?
A: The town of Binsar is renowned for its verdant forests, Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, and the famed Binsar Zero point, which provides a breathtaking 360-degree view of the neighbouring Himalayan ranges.
Q: How will the wintertime climate in Uttarakhand be?
A: Wearing thermals and other winter clothes is highly recommended because the weather will be chilly.