- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 50 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy Moderate
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Monsoon (Aug, Sept, Oct)
The extended mountain ranges of the Western Ghats are found in Kerala. Kerala is home to some of the tallest peaks in the Western Ghats. Trekking through these mountains has a different essence all in all. One such trekking experience you shouldn't pass up is the Banasura Hill Trek. The hill got its name after Banasura, one of the mythical characters in Indian folklore. Set up at a challenging altitude of 6,600 feet. The conical-shaped Banasura is the second-highest peak between Nilgiris and Banasura nestled in Wayanad, which beholds Chembra Peak and Pakshipathalam.
Walkthrough different landscapes like meadows level sloppy ways and thick backwoods trails
- Offers an entrancing beautiful perspective on the Wayanad Mountain Ranges of westrWestrenThe Banasura Hill Trek is an energizing opportunity for trekkers who need harmony among isolation and experience.
- Experience the delight of trekking amid the flawless fields of the Shola timberlands.
- The short Trek to the Meenmutty cascades is a special reward. It is the most significant and excellent cascade in Wayanad.
- An extraordinary trek for nature aficionados one can see and hear in abundance that the flying creatures, butterflies, and creepy crawl here.
- The whole Banasura district in the Nilgiris ecosphere, including the property, goes under the UNESCO World Heritage goal.
On Friday, Get picked up in Bangalore from the following points and start your Banasura trekking tour. The exact pick-up location and time will be confirmed after the booking.
- Mysore Road
- Begin your overnight journey to Banasura
- Early morning arrival in Wayanad and check into your homestay and have a hearty breakfast.
- Drive to the trailhead, which is located near the Banasura Sagar Dam.
- The trek is usually a moderate to difficult level trek.
- Enjoy the lush greenery, breathtaking views, and fresh mountain air as you trek through the forests and hills of Banasura.
- Reach the Banasura Hilltop, which is the highest point of the trek, and soak in the panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
- Spend some time at the summit, capturing photographs, and have a packed lunch enjoying the serene atmosphere.
- Descend back to the starting point and visit meenmutty water falls
- return to your homestay.
- Relax and unwind in the evening.
View of Banasura Dam
View from trek trial
Non A/C Pushback Seater
- Wake up with a magnificent view and a delicious breakfast and proceed with the sightseeing tour of Wayanad.
- Head towards Wayanad Tea Museum and get to know about antique exhibits that provide information on the history of tea production in Wayanad, machines used for processing tea leaves in the past, and old photos of tea gardens and factories.
- Muddy Bootz - Longest Zipline
- Start your Journey towards Bangalore.
- Get back home with splendid memories.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Backpackers United is the leading and fastest-growing Travel Community, founded in 2017, that offers exceptional travel experiences in India. Our team of young, dynamic, and passionate travelers is committed to exploring the great outdoors through sustainable nature trails. We believe in providing a unique travel experience that takes our fellow travelers off the beaten path to discover the hidden gems of nature. We offer a diverse range of travel services, including treks to unexplored places in both North and South India, Cycling Tours, Holiday Packages, Sightseeing, Backpacking Trips, Corporate treks, Team Outings, Personality Development through adventure activities, experiential learning trips specially curated for school and college students, a variety of Adventure activity packages, and much more. Our experienced travel planning team curates each itinerary to ensure every penny is worth the experience. At Backpackers United, we have executed over 2K trips for more than 20,000 enthusiastic travelers, and our weekend treks and trips from Bengaluru are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. We offer customizable travel packages that cater to specific needs and requirements, ensuring a personalized and memorable experience. Our commitment to sustainable tourism and responsible travel ensures that we leave a positive impact on the communities we visit. We encourage travelers to explore the great outdoors in a way that respects and preserves nature, and we promote eco-friendly practices in all our trips and treks. Join our community of adventure seekers, and experience the thrill of exploring nature in a unique and sustainable way. Book your next adventure with Backpackers United and make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.
- Transportation from Bangalore to Bangalore (non-A/C)
- Trek leads from Backpackers United
- Local Guides
- Forest permits
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Packed Lunch, 1 Dinner.
- Lunch on Day 3
- Entry fee / Activities.
- Personal Expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
- Jeep Rides.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Xerox ID proof (Aadhar or other Gov. ID)
- Good trekking shoes
- Lunch Box
- Strong backpack for trekking
- Reusable water bottles
- Clothes for two days
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses Cap/hat
- Juice packs, Glucon-D, Energy bars
- A Polybag to carry wet clothes
- Raincoat or a poncho
- Personal medication if any.
- Torch with new batteries
- Camera (optional).
- Long socks.
- Power Bank.
Policy and Terms
- If cancellations made 15 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellations are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Terms and Conditions
- Any photos or videos taken during the trip by Backpackers United's content creators or clients are owned by Backpackers United and can only be used by the company for advertising purposes. No one else can use the content commercially without permission from Backpackers United.
- Full payment for the trip must be completed before the trip begins. Failure to complete the payment may result in the cancellation of the trip.
- All travelers must have a valid government-issued ID that will be verified before boarding. No boarding will be allowed without a valid ID.
- The transfer of bookings is not allowed. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation will be allowed to travel.
- For international travel, clients must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of intended travel and not damaged in any way. Backpackers United is not responsible for clients who book travel with passports that do not meet this requirement. Any denial of entry at immigration or any additional cost arising from alternate arrangements for deportation must be borne by the travelers.
- No refunds will be given for any inclusions that are not utilized by the client.
- Travelers are responsible for their luggage and belongings. Backpackers United is not responsible for any damage or missing items.
- The departure time is fixed and all travelers must report at the pickup point 30 minutes before scheduled departure. The air conditioning will be switched off in the hills and the driver will have the discretion to turn off the AC during the trip for safety reasons.
- Drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited during the tour. Backpackers United's tours involve physically demanding activities such as trekking and camping at high altitudes, so clients are advised to be in good physical shape.
- Backpackers United is not responsible for any accidents, bodily injury, illness, death, loss, or damage to baggage or property, or any damages or claims arising from negligence or delay by any person not employed by Backpackers United.
- Any misconduct or indiscipline will not be tolerated during the tour.
- Backpackers United is not responsible for any delays or alterations to the itinerary due to natural hazards, accidents, weather conditions, landslides, political closures, or any untoward incidents.
- Backpackers United does not provide insurance policies to cover sickness, accidents, or losses due to theft or other reasons.
- Alterations to the itinerary may be necessary due to various factors, such as weather and road conditions, and the physical ability of participants, in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being.