Bir Billing Weekend Trip From Delhi
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- For 18+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April) Summer (May, June, July)
Highlights of Bir Weekend Trip:
*With an elevation of 8000ft, take off from the world's second-highest paragliding spot
*Fly like a free bird with best certified paragliders and all safety standards
*Visit cute Instagrammable cafes offering the best food along with breathtaking sunset views
*Hike to a serene waterfall and bathe under the gushing cold milky-white water
*Visit some of the most magnificent and ancient Buddhist monasteries in Himachal Pradesh
*Explore the town of Bir beyond paragliding with some of the most unique experiences
Nestled in the foothills of Dhauladhar ranges, Bir is popularly known as the paragliding capital of India. It is one of the best paragliding spots in the whole world. The quaint village of Bir is not only known for its rich Tibetan culture but also the adventure activities it offers. It is a perfect place to escape the busy city life in the laps of the great Himalayas.
In this Bir Billing weekend trip, explore the Tibetan culture by visiting various monasteries in Bir, engage yourself in the thrilling activities like paragliding, waterfall hiking and get mesmerized by the breathtaking views of the majestic peaks of the Dhauladhar ranges. Blessed with natural views, enriching flora and fauna, cascading waterfalls, gushing streams, untouched forest trails, clear blue skies and starry nights, Bir is a perfect blend of adventure and culture. Experience a weekend of your lifetime with this Bir weekend getaway with goSTOPS.
Note: Call on +91-7275454827 to know more about the experience.(Monday to Friday, 10AM to 7 PM)
Stay Not Included
Meals Not Included
- Start your Bir weekend trip by boarding a Volvo bus on Thursday evening to Bir from a pre decided pickup point.
- Overnight journey to Bir.
- Reach Bir early in the morning of Friday and check-in to the hostel and freshen up.
- Later, get transferred to Billing for the adventurous Paragliding session.
- Paragliding session would be 20-25 mins long. Enjoy the mesmerizing views of Dhauladhar ranges and the slopes of Kangra valley while soaring through the clear skies of Bir Billing with the cool breezes brushing against your face.
- Visit Palpung Sherabling Monastery in the evening and get awestruck by the Dhauladhar ranges in the background of this Monastery which enhances the beauty of this place.
- Pay your homage to the oldest monastery in Bir, Chokling Monastery- Founded back in 1960. Explore the monastery with huge stupas, temples, sculptures and Monk quarters.
- Explore local cafes in your free time.
- Have complimentary dinner at the property.
- Overnight stay in Bir.
- Wake up early in the morning and have breakfast.
- Later in the afternoon, transfer to Gunehar village and hike to the hidden waterfall- Bongoru waterfall. The hiking trail will take you through the lush green and quaint village of Gunehar.
- Spend some time at the waterfall with the cool breezes brushing against your face.
- Later in the evening, spend some time exploring the local delicacies in famous cafes of Bir.
- Enjoy a complimentary barbeque night/pizza night at the property.
- Overnight stay in Bir.
Stay Not Applicable
- Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast, check out from the hostel.
- Get ready to explore the beautiful town on your own.
- After spending some time exploring the Paragliding capital of India, board the volvo bus to Delhi on Sunday evening.
- Reach Delhi early on Monday morning, with a bag full of memories.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
goSTOPS India’s fastest-growing backpacker hostel brand, goSTOPS predominantly aims to provide quality travel experiences and make living spaces accessible to the youth - millennials and Gen Z. Founded in 2014 by a Delhi-based couple - Pallavi Agarwal and Pankaj Parwanda, the brand not only provides accommodation, but it enhances the experience of its guests. Whether it is the quality of stay, facilities, amenities, or the things we, as humans, crave for like safety, human interaction, and a sense of belonging- goSTOPS takes care of all of it. So far, there are 25 active hostels, housing around 2,000 beds all over the country. The target is 55 hostels with 3,000 beds by March, 2022. The company has a geographical footprint in all the major tourist spots in the country like Agra, Alleppey, Amritsar, Bir, Dalhousie, Delhi, Goa, Jaipur, Kasar Devi, Kochi, Leh, Manali, McLeod Ganj, Mukteshwar, Mumbai, Munnar, Mussoorie, Naggar, Nainital, Palampur, Pushkar, Rishikesh, Udaipur, and Varanasi. So far, goSTOPS has hosted more than 4,00,000 travelers across its 25 properties. The target audience is usually between the ages of 18 and 30, comprising a cross-section of solo travelers, group travelers, backpackers, digital nomads, and individuals seeking interesting stay and workation options. It is a full-stack operator brand that leases and transforms budget hotels and operates them as backpacker hostels. goEXPERIENCES goEXPERIENCES is the ‘experience division’ of goSTOPS, launched to inspire travelers to enhance their travel experiences. The founders believe that trips can be taken to the next level if they are planned and managed by experts on the ground. goSTOPS offers customized trekking and sports activities like cycling tours, snowboarding, rappelling, boulder climbing, etc. in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. Apart from this, travelers are introduced to new and offbeat destinations in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and other cities.
- Accommodation: 2 night stay at goSTOPS Bir
- Activities- Paragliding(if selected)
- Meals: Breakfast on day 3 and day 4, Dinner on Day 2, Barbeque/Pizza night on Day 3
- Transportation- Volvo transfers from Delhi to Delhi
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- Additional gst
- Any meals throughout the trip other than breakfast
- Pickup and drop facilities from bus stop to property and back
- Personal expenses like entry charges, shopping, room heater charges, telephone, fax, internet, laundry, etc
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
Policy and Terms
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Terms and Conditions
- Hostels are subject to availability
- goSTOPS reserves the right to change the itinerary in case of weather conditions or any other situations
- Entry tickets to places are not included in the package cost
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the hostels will be charged at actuals
- Dorm rooms for male and female guests would be seperated.
- Please note if the paragliding doesn't occur on Day 2 due to weather conditions, a slot on day 3 will be given.
Q: What is Bir Billing famous for?
A: Bir Billing is a famous adventure hub to head including activities like hardcore camping, paragliding, trekking, and mountain biking. Also rich in Tibetan culture, Bir Billing is famous for the wondrous temples and monasteries, bringing you closer to the local traditions. you can also try amazing cafes offering local as well as Indian and international cuisines in Bir.
Q: Are Bir and Billing the same?
A: No, Bir and Billing are not the same locations. Billing is the take off point for the paragliding while Bir is the landing spot for this aero-sport flight. Billing is situated at a distance of 14 km from Bir. You will be able to explore both of the these places with this Bir Billing tour from Delhi.
Q: When is the best time to visit Bir Billing?
A: March to June is the best time to go for a weekend trip to Bir. The temperature varies between 11 degree Celsius and 25 degree Celsius. The weather remains perfect for paragliding.
Q: Is there snowfall in Bir Billing?
A: Billing does experience snowfall in the winter season months. You can witness the formidable 4-5 inch snow covering all the land which was once green in Billing. The temperature in the winter season dropped below zero degrees, therefore it is not a considerable season for paragliding during your Bir tour from Delhi.
Q: How long is the Rajgundha trek?
A: Rajgundha is a quaint village situated beyond Barot in the lap of Dhauladhar ranges. The hike to Rajgundha is 14 km from Billing and it offers the panoramic views of the Dhauladhar peaks. You can opt for this add on on your Bir trip from Delhi.
Q: How much time does it take to reach Bir from Delhi?
A: It takes around 11 hours to cover the distance of 526 km from Delhi to Bir in a volvo bus.
Q: Will I be provided with a guide for a hike to Rajgundha?
A: Yes, you will be provided with a guide with a good knowledge about the area. The guide will be experienced and friendly.
Q: Is Bir safe for travelers?
A: Bir is among one of the most popular tourist destinations, not only in the state of Himachal Pradesh but in India. The town hosts thousands of people every people and provides a safe environment for everyone. That said, it's completely safe to travel with families.
Q: Are there ATMs available in Bir?
A: Yes, Bir has adequate ATM facilities. However it is advised to carry enough cash with you.
Q: Is paragliding in Bir Billing safe?
A: We follow the strictest of safety procedures regarding the safety gear used during the activity. We also rigorously check the qualifications of the instructors. However, this is an adventure activity, and therefore there is an inherent risk. Thus, we advise you to carefully follow the safety instructions of your instructor. This thrilling activity is a must do on your Bir Billing trip from Delhi.