- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 6 Days 5 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy Moderate
The Brahmatal Trek is full of adventurous trails and challenges. On your way, you shall walk through forests of Rhododendrons, Oaks, and Fir trees. The colossal Himalayan peaks stand out brilliantly against the clear blue skies. The lakeside camping at Bekaltal is one of the many highlights of the Brahmatal Trek. The sight of the gigantic Mt. Trishul and Mt. Nanda Ghunti on such a low-lying trek is rare and thus, turns out to be another beautiful aspect of the Brahmatal Trek. The Brahmatal temperature is suitable for winters and quite convenient in fact, for a winter trek.
The Brahmatal Lake is such magnificent beauty amidst its natural habitat, that you shall be astounded by the sheer splendor it exudes. It remains frozen in winter and it is a sight to behold. The entire trek experience is worth remembering for a lifetime.Brahmatal Trek in winter is one of the best winter trek choices you shall make.
Brahmatal Trek is one of the best winter treks in Uttrakhand. The Brahmatal Trek in December with the absolutely perfect Brahmatal weather shall prove to be one of your most thrilling trekking adventures. Brahmatal Lake is situated in the depths of the Himalayan regions and is a magical sight to discover. In all its grandeur, Brahmatal is one of those few trekking destinations which are well suited for a trek in the winter months of December, January, February, and March. It is not too difficult to reach the Brahmatal trek which is what makes it a fairly favorable trek for less experienced trekkers or beginners. The Brahmatal Trek is a favorite trek worldwide for the trekkers who love to trek in winters. People from all around the globe are interested to accomplish this Trek in Uttrakhand which is an asset of the magnificent Himalayas.
Brahmatal Trek in winters is carried out amidst deep snow-laden trails. The most exciting part is that snowfall is frequent which simply makes the entire trekking experience magical. Since the snow is usually freshly fallen, it is soft and perfect for your snow-ball fights. Thus, this trek turns a lot of your dreams of experiencing fun snow-ball fights, camping under the stars, camping next to lakes, trekking amidst picturesque scenic beauty; amongst others, shaping themselves into reality.
Today on our Brahmatal Trek we shall be trekking closer to our destination. As we wake up to a perfect sunrise amidst the snow-clad peaks, we will freshen up, have our breakfasts, and resume our trek. Initially, we shall ascend on a steep trail but soon, we shall be up for an easy walk through snow-covered meadows. Once we reach the Telindi top as we pass through the Oak forests, behold the majestic beauty of the mighty Himalayas. Finally, we shall arrive at Brahmatal or Khabekhal Lake. We shall set ourselves up here.
The journey for Brahmatal trek sets into motion from Rishikesh, and therefore you arrive at Rishikesh railway station or bus stand early morning. You shall be picked up from there and once all the enthusiastic trekkers have gathered, we shall leave for Lohagunj.
Lohagunj is 225 KM away from Kathgodam and it shall be a 9-hour drive. . Lohagunj is located in the Chamoli district of Uttrakhand. On our way, we shall witness the mountain towns of Devprayag, karnprayag, Rudraprayag etc. We will arrive at Lohagunj in the evening. Lohagunj offers itself as a small marketplace for the nearby towns of Curling, Mundoli, and Wan. During dinner time, the trek leader briefs us about what the course of the journey shall be for the next day. After this, we can tuck ourselves in our cozy beds to rest and prepare for the exciting journey which shall follow.
We will wake up and prepare ourselves to finally begin our much-awaited exciting experience. The Brahmatal Trek shall commence after a healthy breakfast. Ensure that you have packed well and are carrying water, energy bars, and other essentials that might come in handy during the trek.
We shall leave the villages behind and trek towards the oak and fir forests. You will experience the most mesmerizing view as you walk on the trail amidst rhododendrons which are heavily laden with red flowers in the months between February and April. You shall witness the towering Nandaghunti Peak.
The first segment of the Brahmatal Trek shall conclude in 4-5 hours as we reach our base camp at the magnificent Bekaltal Lake. Here, we will finally set up our tents for the night and experience the fun of lakeside camping. You shall have ample time to indulge in fun activities and with fresh snow around; go ahead make that snowman and play snow-ball fighting to your heart's delight. Shutterbugs can get the most exotic shots of the frozen lake and oak forests and nature lovers are in for a time of their lives. Dinner and Overnight stat ay Tents
We have successfully covered the most exotic locations that the trek had to offer. Now, we will head for our journey back to Lohajung. The trail traversed is the same as from the one in which we came. The journey shall be covered soon and once back at Lohajung, we shall check-in at the stay arrangement made and finally relax in a proper bed! You can relish the memories made on the wonderful trek, relax and rejuvenate and wander around in the areas in the vicinity to explore the local culture
We wake up in the laps of a magical place that Brahmatal is. We will have our breakfast and continue our trek. Today we shall climb the top of Brahmatal. It shall be the visually pleasing view of the trek as you will be at a high altitude and will witness Mt Trishul and Mt Nanda Ghunti standing tall in their entire glory. It will take almost 2-3 hours to reach the Brahmatal top. Once at the peak of this trek you will witness a breath-taking panoramic view of Chaukhambha, Mandir, Mana, Nilgiri, Neelkanth, Trishul, Nanda Ghunti, Maitoli, and mountains stretching all the way to the Panchachuli range. This is one of the major highlights of the Brahmatal Trek.
We shall be proceeding towards our next campsite which is at Daldum. The trail is almost 2.7 Km in distance and it’ll take almost 3 hours to reach our campsite. We will once again be following a trail that goes through the native forests.
Stay Not Applicable
The trek concludes on a high note and we depart for Rishikesh. You will be driven back to Rishikesh from where you shall plan to depart as per your personal arrangements. If you wish, you can spend some time exploring Rishikesh or shopping at the local markets. There are quite a few things to discover in this beautiful place as well.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Backpackers United is the leading and fastest-growing Travel Community, founded in 2017, that offers exceptional travel experiences in India. Our team of young, dynamic, and passionate travelers is committed to exploring the great outdoors through sustainable nature trails. We believe in providing a unique travel experience that takes our fellow travelers off the beaten path to discover the hidden gems of nature. We offer a diverse range of travel services, including treks to unexplored places in both North and South India, Cycling Tours, Holiday Packages, Sightseeing, Backpacking Trips, Corporate treks, Team Outings, Personality Development through adventure activities, experiential learning trips specially curated for school and college students, a variety of Adventure activity packages, and much more. Our experienced travel planning team curates each itinerary to ensure every penny is worth the experience. At Backpackers United, we have executed over 2K trips for more than 20,000 enthusiastic travelers, and our weekend treks and trips from Bengaluru are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. We offer customizable travel packages that cater to specific needs and requirements, ensuring a personalized and memorable experience. Our commitment to sustainable tourism and responsible travel ensures that we leave a positive impact on the communities we visit. We encourage travelers to explore the great outdoors in a way that respects and preserves nature, and we promote eco-friendly practices in all our trips and treks. Join our community of adventure seekers, and experience the thrill of exploring nature in a unique and sustainable way. Book your next adventure with Backpackers United and make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.
Policy and Terms
- If cancellation are made 15 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Terms and Conditions
- Any photos or videos taken during the trip by Backpackers United's content creators or clients are owned by Backpackers United and can only be used by the company for advertising purposes. No one else can use the content for commercial use without obtaining proper permission from Backpackers United.
- Full payment for the trip must be completed before the trip begins. Failure to complete payment may result in the cancellation of the trip.
- All travellers must have a valid government-issued ID that will be verified before boarding. No boarding will be allowed without a valid ID.
- The transfer of bookings is not allowed. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation will be allowed to travel.
- For international travel, clients must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of intended travel and not damaged in any way. Backpackers United is not responsible for clients who book travel with passports that do not meet this requirement. Any denial of entry at immigration or any additional cost arising from alternate arrangements for deportation must be borne by the travellers.
- No refunds will be given for any inclusions that are not utilized by the client.
- Travelers are responsible for their luggage and belongings. Backpackers United is not responsible for any damage or missing items.
- The time of departure is fixed and all travellers must report at the pickup point 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. The air conditioning will be switched off in the hills and the driver will have the discretion to turn off the AC during the trip for safety reasons.
- Drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited during the tour. Backpackers United's tours involve physically demanding activities such as trekking and camping at high altitudes, so clients are advised to be in good physical shape.
- Backpackers United is not responsible for any accidents, bodily injury, illness, death, loss or damage to baggage or property, or any damages or claims arising from negligence or delay by any person not employed by Backpackers United.
- Any misconduct or indiscipline will not be tolerated during the tour.
- Backpackers United is not responsible for any delays or alterations to the itinerary due to natural hazards, accidents, weather conditions, landslides, political closures, or any untoward incidents.
- Backpackers United does not provide any insurance policies to cover sickness or accidents, or losses due to theft or other reasons.
- Alterations to the itinerary may be necessary due to various factors, such as weather and road conditions, and the physical ability of participants, in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being.