Brighu Lake Trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Himalayan Treks
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy
Located at an altitude of 14,100 feet, Bhrigu Lake is a high-altitude Himalayan lake near Manali. The lake is said to be sacred as it is believed that Maharishi Bhrigu used to meditate near the lake. Bhrigu Lake trek is also famous for its grasslands that stretch out as far as eyes can see. That’s why this trek is the most captivating short trek in the Himalayas
On your Bhrigu Lake trek package, you’ll enter the lush alpine meadows right after 15 mins of trek which looks like an endless green carpet. Pass through the trail covered with cedar, birch, and brown oak trees. The lake rests between two high-altitude ridges and offers stunning panoramic views of Mt Hanuman Tibba, Deo Tibba, Indrasen, along with Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges
Note- If you are a group of 4 or more people, the trek can be organized anyday
Bhrigu Lake trek distance: 20 k
Bhrigu Lake temperature: 6 - 18°C in summers and 1 - 6°C in winter
Bhrigu Lake trek best time to visit: May to Octobe
Bhrigu Lake height: 14,100 f
Bhrigu Lake trek difficulty level: Easy
The group will assemble in Manali at 9:00 am in the morning
It takes around 30 mins to reach from Manali to Bhrigu Lake trek starting point
After a quick briefing session with the trek guide, start your Bhrigu Lake trek Manali
Trek for 5 km which will take around 4-5 hours
The gradient of the trail is steep throughout with some long flat stretches
Walk through the lush green meadows and dense forests of silver oak
Reach the campsite and have lunch
Evening is free for leisure and to acclimatize better, soak into the beautiful views all around and spend some fun time with fellow travelers
Have dinner and retire for the night in camps.
On the second day, you have a long trek ahead of you so starting early is advisable. Leave after breakfast with your packed lunches and start your trek towards the lake as the trail passes green meadows
Even in the summer months of April, May and early June these meadows are snow-covered. Near the lake, the path is through boulders and loose rocks
Trek for 5 km to reach the lake which will take around 3-4 hours
Have your packed lunch near the lake and treat your eyes with the amazing view of high Himalayan peaks such as Deo Tibba, Indraasan, Hanuman Tibba, and Friendship Peak
After spending some time at the Bhrigu Lake, start your trek back to Roli Kholi
Enjoy the soothing scenery of the beautiful snow capped mountains as you descend
Upon reaching the campsite, have your dinner and rest for the day in camps under the sky full of stars.
Stay Not Applicable
Get up in the morning and enjoy your hot and fresh breakfast
Post breakfast, starts a downhill trek to Gulaba and the trek ends at the road head of Gulaba
You will then be driven to Manali to end your trip.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
goSTOPS India’s fastest-growing backpacker hostel brand, goSTOPS predominantly aims to provide quality travel experiences and make living spaces accessible to the youth - millennials and Gen Z. Founded in 2014 by a Delhi-based couple - Pallavi Agarwal and Pankaj Parwanda, the brand not only provides accommodation, but it enhances the experience of its guests. Whether it is the quality of stay, facilities, amenities, or the things we, as humans, crave for like safety, human interaction, and a sense of belonging- goSTOPS takes care of all of it. So far, there are 25 active hostels, housing around 2,000 beds all over the country. The target is 55 hostels with 3,000 beds by March, 2022. The company has a geographical footprint in all the major tourist spots in the country like Agra, Alleppey, Amritsar, Bir, Dalhousie, Delhi, Goa, Jaipur, Kasar Devi, Kochi, Leh, Manali, McLeod Ganj, Mukteshwar, Mumbai, Munnar, Mussoorie, Naggar, Nainital, Palampur, Pushkar, Rishikesh, Udaipur, and Varanasi. So far, goSTOPS has hosted more than 4,00,000 travelers across its 25 properties. The target audience is usually between the ages of 18 and 30, comprising a cross-section of solo travelers, group travelers, backpackers, digital nomads, and individuals seeking interesting stay and workation options. It is a full-stack operator brand that leases and transforms budget hotels and operates them as backpacker hostels. goEXPERIENCES goEXPERIENCES is the ‘experience division’ of goSTOPS, launched to inspire travelers to enhance their travel experiences. The founders believe that trips can be taken to the next level if they are planned and managed by experts on the ground. goSTOPS offers customized trekking and sports activities like cycling tours, snowboarding, rappelling, boulder climbing, etc. in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. Apart from this, travelers are introduced to new and offbeat destinations in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and other cities.
- 2 nights stay in tents
- Pick up and drop from Manali
- Services of experienced and qualified lead guide qualification in first aid
- All meals during camping on the trek, starting from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 3
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper and all the camping arrangements
- Wildlife/environmental and other permits
- Personal essentials
- Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
- Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
- Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages.
- Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
- In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
- Any additional cost incurred due to changes in government guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the trekkers.
- Loading and unloading of personnel luggage.
- Anything that is not mentioned in inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Rucksack (Min 55 Ltrs with rain cover)
- Trekking Shoes, Floaters or Sandals
- Quick Dry Tees
- Track Pants
- Cotton socks
- Pair of woolen socks
- Rain jacket or Poncho
- 1 Full Sleeves Sweater or Fleece Jacket,1 Heavy Jacket, 1 Pair of Thermal
- Quick-dry towel
- Windproof Jacket
- Woolen Cap
- Sun Cap
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & SunScreen (SPF 40+)
- Packed food
- Water Bottle 1
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toiletries
- Personal Basic Medical Kit
- People who use spectacles (Use Photochromic glasses instead of contact lenses)
- Trekking Pole
- Extra Polythene
Mall Road Manali
HOW TO REACH
By Road :- Roads connect Manali to different places including Delhi, Chandigarh, Dehradun and Ambala. There are several private buses as well that connect the hill station with different part of the state
By Air :- The nearest airport is at Bhuntar, located approximately 50 kilometres away from Manali. Domestic flights connect Bhuntar with Delhi and Chandigarh. Once at the airport, you can take a taxi to Manali
By Train:- The closest train station to Manali is Ambala Cantt, which is 200 km away. Another option is to get a train to Chandigarh, which is 250 km away. Ambala Cantt is on the Delhi Amritsar route.
Policy and Terms
- If cancellation is made 30 days before the date of travel, 25% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation is made 15 to 30 days before the date of travel, 50% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation is made 0 to 15 days before the date of travel, 100% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days