CHAKRATA - SHORT WEEKEND GETAWAY
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 50 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April)
Who should attend?
Chakrata is an ideal spot for nature lovers, bird watchers, adventure lovers, and wildlife enthusiasts as the place is like a home of nature and provides ample opportunities. The hill station is rich in varied flora and fauna and there are many excursions from here which offer panoramic views. If you're a fan of untouched picturesque offbeat destinations then Chakrata is just the place for you.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Included
- The group will assemble at the Akshardham Metro Station.
- The group will start for an overnight journey towards Chakrata around 09:00 PM.
- The route will be via Meerut, Roorkee and Dehradun.
- On the way, some stops will be made for some refreshments. (Own expense).
- The group will reach Chakrata by 7 in the morning.
- Post-check-in to the hotels/campsite, the team will move forward to Tiger falls, which is one of the highest waterfalls in Uttarakhand.
- Later in the evening, the trip will move next to the Chiri Miri Top to enjoy the scenic sunset from there.
- Afterward, we will get back to the hotel/campsite for dinner followed by a bonfire.
Stay Not Applicable
- Waking up a little early, everyone will get to enjoy the fresh morning in the mountains.
- After having breakfast, the group will have some fun activities to do at the campsite.
- By afternoon, the team will depart for Delhi.
Breakfast With View
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
- Transportation from Delhi to Delhi as per itinerary
- Accommodation (1-night camp/hotel stay)
- 3 meals (2 Breakfast,1 Dinner)
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- All Required Permits
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature. Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Wearing layers is the mantra in the mountains. Layers give you maximum protection from all elements. You will need at least 5 warm layers (Insulin layers). You will need at least 1 pair of inner thermals, 2 light fleece layers, 1 light sweater, and 1 padded jacket. Ensure your padded jacket has a hood as well. A minimum of one pair and a maximum of two pairs of trek pants should suffice for this trek. Wear one pair and carry one just in case it rains/snows. Trek pants with zippered cut offs at the thighs are very suitable for treks. Also, choose quick-dry pants over cotton
Sunglasses - Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. A small overexposure to direct sunlight on snow can lead to snow blindness (about a half hour’s exposure). That’s because fallen snow is like thousands of mirrors that reflect direct UV rays. So you need sunglasses with UV protection.
Buying Tip: Try getting sunglasses that wrap around instead of those that have openings on the side. Even peripheral UV ray exposure is not a good idea.
2. Sun Cap
3. Synthetic Hand Gloves - Get synthetic hand gloves that have waterproofing on the outside and a padded lining on the inside. If you find the combination difficult to get (not likely), wear a tight-fitting fleece hand glove inside a synthetic hand glove. Hand gloves are mandatory on this trek.
4. Woollen Cap - a woollen head cap that covers your head and ears is absolutely essential.
5. Socks - Apart from three to four pairs of sports socks, take a pair of woolen socks. Sports socks give you cushioning plus warmth. Again the mantra is to wear synthetic socks or at least a synthetic blend. Cotton socks soak in water and sweat. They are very hard to dry. As for woolen socks, they help you to keep warm and snug in the night. If you cannot get woolen socks, wearing two sports socks serves the purpose as well.
7. Thermos for water
8. Medication (As per medical conditions if any and is subscribed by a doctor)
9.Extra cover for your electronic gear items/Valuables.
10. Quick Dry Towel/Towel
12. A tiffin box with a spoon for packed lunch, we try reduced usage of plastic/paper as much as possible
13. Poncho/Rain Cover
14. Do not leave plastic wrappers(chips,chocolates etc) behind while on Trek and yes! don't forget your "Mask" of course!
Akshardham Metro station
HOW TO REACH
By train: The nearest railway station is at New Delhi Station. From there you can hire a cab to Akshardham Metro station. Your trip to Chakrata starts from here.
By road: Hire a cab or you can ride any vehicle to Akshardham Metro station. From here we will pick you up for your entralling journey ahead.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, hire a cab to reach Akshardham Metro station. Your trip to Chakrata starts from here.
Policy and Terms
- The advance amount is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Full Payment of the trip cost must be made before the trip begins. Pending Payments may eventually lead to the cancellation of the trip.
- The IDs will be verified before boarding. No boarding shall be entertained without a valid Govt. ID.
- The transfer of the bookings is not permitted. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation shall be allowed to travel.
- No refunds shall be made towards any inclusion(s) not availed by the Client.
- Travelers must take care of their luggage & belongings. The management shall not be accountable for missing items along the tour.
- The time of departure is stated & fixed. All travelers must update their status with the Trip Coordinator(s), & report at the pickup point 30 mins prior to the scheduled departure.
- The Air Conditioning will be switched off in the hills. Also, during the trip, it shall be the driver’s discretion to put off the AC as & when required, considering the traveler's safety & ease of travel along uneven & dangerous routes.
Terms and Conditions
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24 hours prior to Departure.
Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 10 am.
- Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
- If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
- The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
- Travelmite shall not be responsible for any delays or alterations in the program or indirectly incurred expenses in cases such as natural hazards, accidents, breakdown of machinery, weather conditions, landslides, political closure, or any untoward incidents.
- We do not provide any insurance policy to cover the expenditure on sickness or accidents or losses incurred due to theft or other reasons.
- Numerous factors such as weather and road conditions the physical ability of participants etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general well-being!
What is special about Chakrata?
Chakrata, with its laid-back yet pleasant ambiance, offers a sweeping view of the Yamuna Valley below. There are a few quaint tree-lined paths that visitors can explore. For those looking for snowy adventure, the Kharamba Peak awaits. At around 10,000 m above sea level, it is one of the highest of its kind in the area.
Does it snow in Chakrata?
Chakrata receives snowfall during winters and heavy woolens are required during this season. Tranquility and seclusion are at its best during winter months in Chakrata. Snow capped Himalayas are best seen from Chakrata during winters. Enjoy bonfires and barbecues at Chakrata during winter months.
What's the height of Chakrata?
Chakrata known for its serene environs and pollution-free atmosphere, is situated at a distance of 98 kms from Dehradun at an elevation of about 7000 ft (2118 m).
What is the best time to visit Chakrata?
The months of March, April, October and November are considered relatively pleasant. Most tourists flock to Chakrata from March to June as the weather is pleasant and clear, offering best sights and one can partake in adventure activities. The monsoon season makes the hamlet even more beautiful. You can expect snow covered Chakrata from December to February as it peak winter season in Chakrata.
Is it safe to travel to Chakrata?
The road conditions in Chakrata largely remain unaffected during the monsoons. Therefore, it is safe travelling to Chakrata in a personal vehicle in the day as well as in the night. However, common sense is always important to keep oneself out of troubles. A weather update before starting a journey is always a good idea.
What type of weather can be expected in Chakrata?
The climate of Chakrata is considered moderate due to its altitude and proximity to the Himalayan range. It has cool winters, pleasant summers and chilly monsoons. Chakrata receives rainfall in between June and September. Due to pleasant weather, Chakrata can be visited throughout the year.
Is there ATM facility available in Chakrata?
Yes, there are a few of ATM machines available in and around Chakrata, many of which are located on the main market.
Are there any bars and pubs in Chakrata?
No, It is quite difficult to find any bars or pubs in Chakrata. Chakrata is a small and less crowded hill station therefore this kind of facility is hard to find.
However, you can find some wine shop easily in Chakrata.
Is it worth visiting Chakrata?
Yes, it is absolutely worth visiting Chakrata, no two opinions about it. Chakrata offers some of the most picturesque and breathtakingly beautiful views of the Himalayan range. Moila Top, Budher Caves, Tiger Falls, and other excursions around it make it all the more interesting.
Is it true that foreigners are not allowed in Chakrata?
Unfortunately, it's true that Foreigners are not allowed to stay overnight Chakrata because it is strictly guarded by the Indian Army because there are a few intelligence bases here. While traveling to Chakrata you'll come across many such army barricading's where it is prohibited to enter or even take photographs.
What are the other destinations in and around Chakrata?
Apart from Chakrata, there are several other tourist destinations in the vicinity of Chakrata. Like Kalsi - The town well known for only Ashoka's Rock edict located in north India, is just 40 kms away from Chakrata, Tiger Falls - A roaring waterfall and famous picnic spot is just 20 kms away, Lakhamandal - An ancient temple of Mahabharat era, is at a distance of just 62 kms while Mussoorie is at a distance of 80 kms from Chakrata. Capital city Dehradun is just 88 kms from Chakrata. Chakrata is also a famous weekend destination from Dehradun city.
How can one reach Chakrata from Dehradun?
Dehradun is well connected to Chakrata at a distance of 87 kms. There are daily buses operating from Dehradun to Chakrata. In addition to that, various private cabs operators offer services from Dehradun to Chakrata. Vikasnagar is other town near Chakrata, If you can't find direct bus for Chakrata then you should split your journey in two parts first you take bus for Vikasnagar from Dehradun and then take a ride for Chakrata from Vikasnagar.
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.