Chopta Chandrashila Tungnath Trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy Moderate
- For 10+ years
Chopta in Uttarakhand is located at an elevation of 8790 ft above sea level and is famous for the green meadows in the summer and snow carpet in the winter. Chopta is a small village in Uttarakhand and will offer views of the amazing and breathtaking Himalayan ranges, such as Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba.
Chandrashila is one of the few peaks in Uttarakhand, where trekking is open in the winter months as well. It is famous for its 360-degree view of the Himalayan ranges.
Tungnath, meaning Lord of the peaks, is located at an altitude of 12,073 ft above sea level. It is in the mountain range of Tunganath in Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag district
- Chopta Trek – a beautiful valley, consisting of lush green meadows, surrounded by gigantic pine and oak trees – is a favorite amongst trekkers and campers.
- The Chopta Tungnath trek budget is extremely pocket-friendly and offers way more than the price you pay for it!
- Tungnath is one of the highest Shiva Temples in the World. It is perched at an elevation of 3,680m ( 12,073ft) and located in the mountain range of Tungnath in the Rudraprayag district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand.
- Tungnath Trek is a famous trek and counted as the easiest trek in India.
- Chandrashila is one of the few peaks in Uttarakhand, where trekking is open in the winter months as well. It is famous for its 360-degree view of the Himalayan ranges.
Tempo Traveler or Bus based on group size.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
- Report 7pm at kashmiri gate new delhi.
- Drive to Devprayag Sangam at 11AM for Sight Seeing.
- Upon arrival at Chopta base camp, get served with hot tea and snacks followed by a lip-smacking dinner
- Overnight stay in camps surrounded by dwarfed hills and vast valleys with numerous glittering hamlets scattered till far among them
Wake up at Chopta Base Camp.
After a hot breakfast, start the trek from Chopta to Tungnath. The trek is about 5 km long and is an ascent to a heavenly place!
Upon reaching Tungnath, you can explore the famous Tungnath temple, known to be at least 1000 years old. It is a highlight event of the entire journey, as the temple itself attracts a lot of tourists, on a religious pilgrimage.
The day is not over yet, as you trek(1.5KM) on to the Chandrashila peak, located at a height of more than 12,110 ft. This is one of the most important elements of the journey as well. The fantastic Himalayan birds, the awe-inspiring vista of the Garhwal, the gigantic pine, maple and oak trees in the surrounding areas and of course, the deep, pervasive silence of the mountains is enough to take your breath away.
After spending some time on the summit, you start the descent back to Chopta, where you will be camping again for the night.
Stay Not Applicable
8:30 AM – Start the day at the break of dawn with a steaming breakfast!
After Breakfast you will be driving down to Sari Village for Deoriatal Trek (2KM)
After covering Deorital Trek Drive down to Dhari Devi Mandir visit
And Get back to delhi by 10 PM
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Backpackers United is the leading and fastest-growing Travel Community, founded in 2017, that offers exceptional travel experiences in India. Our team of young, dynamic, and passionate travelers is committed to exploring the great outdoors through sustainable nature trails. We believe in providing a unique travel experience that takes our fellow travelers off the beaten path to discover the hidden gems of nature. We offer a diverse range of travel services, including treks to unexplored places in both North and South India, Cycling Tours, Holiday Packages, Sightseeing, Backpacking Trips, Corporate treks, Team Outings, Personality Development through adventure activities, experiential learning trips specially curated for school and college students, a variety of Adventure activity packages, and much more. Our experienced travel planning team curates each itinerary to ensure every penny is worth the experience. At Backpackers United, we have executed over 2K trips for more than 20,000 enthusiastic travelers, and our weekend treks and trips from Bengaluru are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. We offer customizable travel packages that cater to specific needs and requirements, ensuring a personalized and memorable experience. Our commitment to sustainable tourism and responsible travel ensures that we leave a positive impact on the communities we visit. We encourage travelers to explore the great outdoors in a way that respects and preserves nature, and we promote eco-friendly practices in all our trips and treks. Join our community of adventure seekers, and experience the thrill of exploring nature in a unique and sustainable way. Book your next adventure with Backpackers United and make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.
➔ Stay: Personal Dome tents
➔ Meals: Day 1) Evening Snacks, Day 2) Brakfast, Dinner Day 3) Breakfast
➔ Transportation: based on group size tempo traveller or suv
➔ Activities: Trekking, Temple Visit & Camping
➔ Guide: Professional Trek Leader.
- Personal expenses.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusion list.
Policy and Terms
- If cancellation are made 15 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Terms and Conditions
- Any photos or videos taken during the trip by Backpackers United's content creators or clients are owned by Backpackers United and can only be used by the company for advertising purposes. No one else can use the content for commercial use without obtaining proper permission from Backpackers United.
- Full payment for the trip must be completed before the trip begins. Failure to complete payment may result in the cancellation of the trip.
- All travellers must have a valid government-issued ID that will be verified before boarding. No boarding will be allowed without a valid ID.
- The transfer of bookings is not allowed. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation will be allowed to travel.
- For international travel, clients must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of intended travel and not damaged in any way. Backpackers United is not responsible for clients who book travel with passports that do not meet this requirement. Any denial of entry at immigration or any additional cost arising from alternate arrangements for deportation must be borne by the travellers.
- No refunds will be given for any inclusions that are not utilized by the client.
- Travelers are responsible for their luggage and belongings. Backpackers United is not responsible for any damage or missing items.
- The time of departure is fixed and all travellers must report at the pickup point 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. The air conditioning will be switched off in the hills and the driver will have the discretion to turn off the AC during the trip for safety reasons.
- Drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited during the tour. Backpackers United's tours involve physically demanding activities such as trekking and camping at high altitudes, so clients are advised to be in good physical shape.
- Backpackers United is not responsible for any accidents, bodily injury, illness, death, loss or damage to baggage or property, or any damages or claims arising from negligence or delay by any person not employed by Backpackers United.
- Any misconduct or indiscipline will not be tolerated during the tour.
- Backpackers United is not responsible for any delays or alterations to the itinerary due to natural hazards, accidents, weather conditions, landslides, political closures, or any untoward incidents.
- Backpackers United does not provide any insurance policies to cover sickness or accidents, or losses due to theft or other reasons.
- Alterations to the itinerary may be necessary due to various factors, such as weather and road conditions, and the physical ability of participants, in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being.