Dalhousie Weekend Trip
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- For 18+ years
Tucked in the deep and plunging pine valleys, Dalhousie is a little town in Himachal Pradesh which is also known as mini Switzerland of India. Home to colonial era buildings, flower bedded meadows, and the mesmerizing snow capped mountains of Dhauladhar range, Dalhousie is the paradise not just for nature lovers, but also for adventure seekers.
On this 2N/3D package tour to Dalhousie we will be visiting Khajjiar- a small town famous for Khajjiar lake surrounded by cedar forest and Khajji Nag temple which dates back to the 12th century. Dalhousie is totally worth visiting.
Stay at goSTOPS
Excursion to Khajjiar
Who should attend?
Anyone who is looking for a perfect weekend getaway
Anyone who is looking for leisure travel
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
- Start your Dalhousie weekend trip in the evening from Delhi.
- Overnight volvo journey to Dalhousie.
Meals Not Included
- Upon arrival in Dalhousie, check into the goStops Dalhousie and freshen up.
- After freshening up, start your day excursion to the beautiful Dalhousie.
- Visit Panchpula waterfall covered by lush green patches, dotted with tall Deodar and pine trees, and packed with crystal clear water streams.
- After spending some time here, get ready for a short hike to Ganji Pahari.
- Upon reaching the top, witness the spectacular sunset. Spend some leisure time here and trek back to the base.
- In the evening, you are free to stroll the local streets of Dalhousie.
- Overnight at goStops Dalhousie.
- Wake up and enjoy the beautiful sunrise.
- After breakfast, visit the quaint village of Khajjiar also known as the Mini Switzerland of India.
- Enroute, take a pitstop at Kalatop, an untouched thick forest with stunning landscapes.
- On reaching Khajjiar, you are free to explore the places according to your own choice.
- Post this, visit the hill town of Chamba, known for its abundant natural beautiful lush green meadows, lakes, and streams.
- Back to the hostel by evening.
- Overnight at goStops Dalhousie.
Stay Not Included
- After a hot and fresh breakfast, explore the beautiful town on your own.
- Leave for Delhi by boarding the Volvo bus to Delhi in the evening.
- Reach Delhi the next morning, with a bag full of memories.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
goSTOPS India’s fastest-growing backpacker hostel brand, goSTOPS predominantly aims to provide quality travel experiences and make living spaces accessible to the youth - millennials and Gen Z. Founded in 2014 by a Delhi-based couple - Pallavi Agarwal and Pankaj Parwanda, the brand not only provides accommodation, but it enhances the experience of its guests. Whether it is the quality of stay, facilities, amenities, or the things we, as humans, crave for like safety, human interaction, and a sense of belonging- goSTOPS takes care of all of it. So far, there are 25 active hostels, housing around 2,000 beds all over the country. The target is 55 hostels with 3,000 beds by March, 2022. The company has a geographical footprint in all the major tourist spots in the country like Agra, Alleppey, Amritsar, Bir, Dalhousie, Delhi, Goa, Jaipur, Kasar Devi, Kochi, Leh, Manali, McLeod Ganj, Mukteshwar, Mumbai, Munnar, Mussoorie, Naggar, Nainital, Palampur, Pushkar, Rishikesh, Udaipur, and Varanasi. So far, goSTOPS has hosted more than 4,00,000 travelers across its 25 properties. The target audience is usually between the ages of 18 and 30, comprising a cross-section of solo travelers, group travelers, backpackers, digital nomads, and individuals seeking interesting stay and workation options. It is a full-stack operator brand that leases and transforms budget hotels and operates them as backpacker hostels. goEXPERIENCES goEXPERIENCES is the ‘experience division’ of goSTOPS, launched to inspire travelers to enhance their travel experiences. The founders believe that trips can be taken to the next level if they are planned and managed by experts on the ground. goSTOPS offers customized trekking and sports activities like cycling tours, snowboarding, rappelling, boulder climbing, etc. in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. Apart from this, travelers are introduced to new and offbeat destinations in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and other cities.
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
- Accommodation: 2 night stay at goSTOPS Dalhousie
- Transportation: Volvo transfers from Delhi to Delhi
- Meals: 2 Breakfast on day 2 and day 3
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Additional gst
- Any meals throughout the trip other than breakfast
- Pickup and drop facilities from bus stop to property and back
- Personal expenses like entry charges, shopping, room heater charges, telephone, fax, internet, laundry, etc
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion
HOW TO REACH
By Air: The nearest airport to Kashmiri Gate is Indira Gandhi International Airport, located at a distance of 20 km. It takes around 45 mins to reach there from the airport. There is a metro line also available from Airport to New Delhi railway station.
By Rail: The nearest railway station to Kashmiri Gate is Old Delhi railway station located at a distance of around 2 km. New Delhi railway station, which connects all the major cities by train route is also 4 km from Kashmiri Gate.
By Road: Kashmiri Gate is well connected by road and metro line. Maharana Pratap ISBT is the nearest bus terminal for Kashmiri Gate. Kashmiri Gate metro station is on Delhi metro red, yellow, and violet line which is accessible from all the major places in the city.
Policy and Terms
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Terms and Conditions
- Hostels are subject to availability.
- goSTOPS reserves the right to change the itinerary in case of weather conditions or any other situations.
- Entry tickets to places are not included in the package cost.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the hostels will be charged at actuals.
Q: Is Dalhousie safe for women?
A: Yes, Dalhousie is undoubtedly safe, both for men and women. It offers utmost security to tourists, even to those traveling at night. A tourist support center is available for any assistance.
Q: What is the best time for a Dalhousie city tour?
A: The best time for Dalhousie city tour is during the summer season which falls between March to May. It is the most preferred time by tourists from different parts of the country. The temperature of the hill station during this month is very pleasant and does not exceed more than 30 degrees Celsius. It is an ideal time for sightseeing.
Q: What is the nearest airport from Dalhousie?
A: Pathankot is the nearest airport from Dalhousie located at around 88 km from it. It takes approx 3 hours to reach Dalhousie from the airport.
Q: Will we experience snowfall while on this tour?
A: Yes, you might get lucky and experience snowfall in Dalhousie. Dalhousie experiences snowfall in the winter season in the months of November - February.
Q: What are the best places to visit at night on this tour?
A: There are few places one can explore in this Dalhousie tour package. One can visit tibetan market, mall road and panchpula in Dalhousie in the night and treat your eyes with the stunning view under the night sky.
Q: How much time does it take to reach Dalhousie from Delhi ?
A: The distance between the 2 cities is around 620 km and it takes around 12 hours to reach Dalhousie from Delhi.
Q: Is Dalhousie worth visiting?
A: Yes, Dalhousie is totally worth visiting. Its snow-clad mountains, verdant valleys, adventure activities, excellent architectural marvels, and religious spots make Dalhousie a tourist hotspot of India.
Q: Are there ATMs available in Dalhousie?
A: Yes, Dalhousie has adequate ATM facilities. However it is advised to carry enough cash with you.
Q: What are the top sightseeing places in Dalhousie?
A: The top sightseeing places in Dalhousie are Khajjiar, Satdhara Falls, Panchpula, Kalatop Khajjiar Sanctuary and Ganji Pahadi.
Q: Tell me more about Khajjiar.
A: Khajjiar in the Chamba district is about 24 km from Dalhousie. Set on a small plateau with a little stream-fed lake in the midst of it, Khajjiar is often compared to Switzerland for its meadow setting and surrounding forests. At an elevation of 6,500 ft, at the foothills of the Dhauladhar ranges of the Western Himalayas, you can take in sweeping mountain views from Khajjiar. Khajjiar forms a part of the Kalatop Khajjiar Sanctuary.
More From goSTOPS
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]