Dayara Bugyal Trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- Difficulty - Easy Moderate
Plan The Unplanned brings you the Dayara Bugyal Trek, one of the finest Himalayan treks out there suitable for those looking to attempt their first Himalayan trek as well as the more experienced trekkers looking for a quick Himalayan getaway.
One of the less explored gems of Garhwal Himalayas, Dayara Bugyal is captivating in its own unique way. Bugyal in Garhwali means “Alpine Pasture” or “High Altitude Meadow”. It is arguably one of the prettiest meadows one would come across while trekking in the Himalayas. A perfect trek to step into the Himalayas as you walk through dense jungles, gaze at mighty Himalayan peaks, spend your evenings beside a high altitude lake and a walk on this endless pasture makes this trek very enticing. This Bugyal is situated in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand at an elevation ranging from 10,000 – 12,000 ft. Dayara Bugyal offers some of the best views of Mt. Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Black Peak, Gangotri Ranges, DKD, Srikantha to name a few. So much for a low lying trek that it does not feel real and yet the trekkers are lost in its beauty and the quietness that this place provides.
This is a trek that can almost be done throughout the year and offers changing landscapes during different seasons. During winters, the meadows are covered in multiple feet of snow and on the lucky days, one can experience fresh snowfall. They turn into lush green after the snow starts receding with numerous flowers of different colors blooming in it. A lot of butterflies can be found around this time. The jungles are lit with Rhododendron flowers. The post-monsoon season offers the trekkers with unrestricted views of all the surrounding peaks as the weather is mostly clear. On the onset of winter the meadows appear in hues of golden brown with clear skies for those long distant views. This trek offers a lot in such a short duration and the fact that the trek offers different flavors with the changing season makes it one of the ideal treks to choose round the year.
Dehradun Altitude: 430 m
Raithal Altitude: 2600 m
Distance: 183 km
Time taken: 8 hours drive
All of us will meet and start our journey from Dehradun to Raithal. All the details regarding the time and meeting point will be shared with you in a mail. The whole trail is lovingly loaded with serenely talkative forests and the river Bhagirathi running alongside you. There are many worthwhile sightseeing locations that you can visit.
Raithal is our starting village for the trek, and hence, we will stop here to relax for the night. Dinner will be served; we will break the silence of strangeness between hot and sizzling conversations.
It will be your home for a day, so acclimatize and stay here overnight.
Chelapada Altitude: 2895 m
Time taken: 7 hours trek
This day starts with a power-packed healthy breakfast. Then, we begin the 5 km small uphill trek through the green Oak forest, maple trees and rhododendrons to reach Chelapada Campsite. The trail to Gui is gradually ascending. It is a mix of flat grasslands to forest lands.
Lunch will be served here.
Once you start from Gui, join the main trail and climb to Gui Thatch. This is a small meadow in the forest. We have 5-6 Chania (shepherd) huts on one side. You also see the igloo-shaped structures of the Forest Department near the Chania huts.
Gui Thatch has incredible views of the entire Gangotri range. These include Shrikanth, and Gangotri I, II and III. Look straight; you see the Jaonli peak there. On your left, you can spot the top of the Bandarpoonch.
Afterwards, slowly and gradually ascend amidst the forest. Midway, you will cross some streams that will be different in different seasons.
An acclimatization walk will follow this. Evening snacks will be served later. Then, under the influence of calming weather, we will retire for the night in camps.
Altitude: 3,688 m
Time taken: 7 hours trek
This is the primary day for which we booked. We will head out for trekking to Dayara Bugyal. It is a moderate trek. Climb through the forest, and soon you will find yourself at the edge of a vast meadow.
Dayara Bugyal is generally pretty in all seasons. If you go here from May to June, you will find plenty of yellow, white and violet flowers. In winters, the snow covers the whole expanse.
At the summit, we will have savour packed lunch at Dayara Viewpoint. After sightseeing and spending some time at leisure, we will descend back to Chelapada campsite.
After freshening up, you will be served a hot dinner.
Stay Not Applicable
Time taken from Chelapada to Dehradun: 9 hours drive
This is the last day. Post breakfast, we will trek down to Raithal village. Afterwards, we will head back to Dehradun via Uttarkashi. We will reach Dehradun by 9 pm approximately. Afterwhich, it will be time to bid each other goodbye.
Here, at Plan the Unplanned, we focus on two aspects of travel: exploring nature and making meaningful connections. You will start as strangers, but you will leave with dewy eyes by its end. We would love to see you again—Check out our other itineraries and ring us soon. It would be a pleasure to see you again. Till then, take care and love life.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Transport support from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- All vegetarian meals starting from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on the last day.
- Professional guide, cook and support staff.
- Rent for camping equipment.
Clean sleeping bags and mats.
Good quality ¾ or 4 season ‘A’ shaped or dome tents
– Kitchen tents, common tents, toilet tents.
- Forest entry charges for Indian nationals – For non-
Indian passport holders; there will be an additional charge.
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment and NOT personal luggage.
- Triple sharing Tent accommodation throughout the trek (For Double sharing – Extra charge )
- Homestay accommodation on 1st Day.
- All applicable taxes
- Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls etc.
- Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above.
- Any cost or services not mentioned in the Inclusions.
- Accommodation in Dehradun.
- Cost arising due to unforeseen incidents like bad weather, medical evacuation, road blocks etc.
- Porter/mule charges to carry personal luggage – Can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 300 per day (1 soft bag per person < 12 kg).
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking shoes: Carry waterproof trekking shoes with good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
- Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
- Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
- Three t-shirts (collared/dry-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sunburns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dry-fit t-shirts.
- Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be a lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
- Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
- Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woollen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
- Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woollen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woollen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from the rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
- Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID:: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
- Day Pack ( Small Bag of 10 litres to carry necessary stuff for the day )
Policy and Terms
Here's the cancellation policy for Himalayan Treks/Backpacking Trips/Road Trips
- If you cancel before 30 days - 90% of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 20 -30 days - 75% % of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 15-19 days - 50% will be refunded
- If you cancel between 7-14 days - 25 % amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 0- 7 days before the departure date - No amount would be refunded.
- *Intimation Period means the number of days before the tour is scheduled to start
- **Cancellation Fee is the amount of money that will be deducted from the total billing amount before offering the refund.
- Refund/Cancellation requests are accepted only by email at [email protected] and not via call or Whatsapp.
Note: For All The Above Refund Cases Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be dedcuted from the overall amount and balance amount shall be refunded. You can transfer your ticket to anyone so that you could save your hard earned money
For other trips and travels with us, and detailed terms and conditions check the following link : https://www.plantheunplanned.com/refund-cancellation-policy