DHARAMSHALA KARERI LAKE TREK
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 4 Days 3 Nights
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Included
- The group will meet at the pick-up point.
- After group briefing and trip captain introduction, we'll head out for an overnight journey to Kareri village.
- Halt for dinner (personal expense).
(Breakfast , Lunch & Dinner)
- We'll reach Dharamshala by the morning and from here, we'll head straight to Reoti.
- On reaching Reoti, we'll check into our respective camps and lunch will be served here.
- The rest of the day is at leisure and it is recommended that one should spend time near the waterfall.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Reoti
(Breakfast , Lunch & Dinner)
- Post breakfast, we'll head out for Kareri Lake.
- On reaching Kareri Lake, we'll check into our campsite and lunch will be served here.
- After reaching there, explore the site and a nearby Lord Shiva temple.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Kareri Lake.
Stay Not Included
- Post breakfast, we'll trek down from Kareri Lake to Kareri Village.
- After that, transfer from Kareri Village to Dharamshala to Delhi.
- The group will disassemble on reaching Delhi. End of Tour.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
- Accommodation: Stay on sharing basis is included from day 1 to Day 3 – camp stay on all days of trekking.
- Transportation: To / From Delhi /
- Meals: All Meals from day 1 Lunch to day 3 breakfast are included. We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek. Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Guide,Porter Charges.
- All taxes.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
- Additional help such as mules, porters for carrying luggage/personal stuff will be on a personal expanse.
- Additional gears such as jackets, warm clothes, shoes, walking stick, raincoat/Poncho or more is to be brought/rented by the individual only.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Wearing layers is the mantra in the mountains. Layers give you maximum protection from all elements. You will need at least 5 warm layers (Insulin layers). You will need at least 1 pair of inner thermals, 2 light fleece layers, 1 light sweater, and 1 padded jacket. Ensure your padded jacket has a hood as well. A minimum of one pair and a maximum of two pairs of trek pants should suffice for this trek. Wear one pair and carry one just in case it rains/snows. Trek pants with zippered cut offs at the thighs are very suitable for treks. Also, choose quick-dry pants over cotton
Sunglasses - Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. A small overexposure to direct sunlight on snow can lead to snow blindness (about a half hour’s exposure). That’s because fallen snow is like thousands of mirrors that reflect direct UV rays. So you need sunglasses with UV protection.
Buying Tip: Try getting sunglasses that wrap around instead of those that have openings on the side. Even peripheral UV ray exposure is not a good idea.
2. Sun Cap
3. Synthetic Hand Gloves - Get synthetic hand gloves that have waterproofing on the outside and a padded lining on the inside. If you find the combination difficult to get (not likely), wear a tight-fitting fleece hand glove inside a synthetic hand glove. Hand gloves are mandatory on this trek.
4. Woollen Cap - a woollen head cap that covers your head and ears is absolutely essential.
5. Socks - Apart from three to four pairs of sports socks, take a pair of woolen socks. Sports socks give you cushioning plus warmth. Again the mantra is to wear synthetic socks or at least a synthetic blend. Cotton socks soak in water and sweat. They are very hard to dry. As for woolen socks, they help you to keep warm and snug in the night. If you cannot get woolen socks, wearing two sports socks serves the purpose as well.
7. Thermos for water
8. Medication (As per medical conditions if any and is subscribed by a doctor)
9.Extra cover for your electronic gear items/Valuables.
10. Quick Dry Towel/Towel
12. A tiffin box with a spoon for packed lunch, we try reduced usage of plastic/paper as much as possible
13. Poncho/Rain Cover
14. Do not leave plastic wrappers(chips,chocolates etc) behind while on Trek and yes! don't forget your "Mask" of course!
Policy and Terms
- The advance amount is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Full Payment of the trip cost must be made before the trip begins. Pending Payments may eventually lead to the cancellation of the trip.
- The IDs will be verified before boarding. No boarding shall be entertained without a valid Govt. ID.
- The transfer of the bookings is not permitted. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation shall be allowed to travel.
- No refunds shall be made towards any inclusion(s) not availed by the Client.
- Travelers must take care of their luggage & belongings. The management shall not be accountable for missing items along the tour.
- The time of departure is stated & fixed. All travelers must update their status with the Trip Coordinator(s), & report at the pickup point 30 mins prior to the scheduled departure.
- The Air Conditioning will be switched off in the hills. Also, during the trip, it shall be the driver’s discretion to put off the AC as & when required, considering the traveler's safety & ease of travel along uneven & dangerous routes.
Terms and Conditions
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24 hours prior to Departure.
Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 10 am.
- Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
- If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
- The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
- Travelmite shall not be responsible for any delays or alterations in the program or indirectly incurred expenses in cases such as natural hazards, accidents, breakdown of machinery, weather conditions, landslides, political closure, or any untoward incidents.
- We do not provide any insurance policy to cover the expenditure on sickness or accidents or losses incurred due to theft or other reasons.
- Numerous factors such as weather and road conditions the physical ability of participants etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general well-being!