Dzukou Valley Trek - Nagaland
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 5 Days 4 Nights
- Difficulty - Moderate
- For 10+ years
We at Plan The Unplanned are always looking for new and exotic locales to uncover and we’re happy to say that next up is one of the most desired trek routes in Nagaland – The Dzukou Valley Trek.
The vast expanses of green hill slopes, the surreal presence of pearly white clouds and the gleaming mountain tops make for a dream-like trekking route. Located at an altitude of 2450 meters, The Dzukou Valley, located at the bottom of a large crater of an extinct volcano is by far the best trekking routes in the whole of Nagaland.
The trekking trail to reach the Dzukou Valley is going to leave you breathless, make you feel inspired and test your endurance all at once – making this trail very special! As you make your way up towards the valley be prepared for a real feast for the eyes because you are going to witness the magnificence of rolling hillocks covered by a thick blanket of green forests, the tranquil beauty of aqua blue water paving its way through the middle of the valley and glorious assortment of flowers that fill the valley with colour and light.
Your journey Dzoukou Valley trek begins in Guwahati. Here, we will pick you up for the Dzukou Valley trek. It is advisable to book train or flight tickets to Guwahati in advance. We will share all details regarding the meeting point and timings in a separate mail.
At 11:30 PM, we will board the night train from Guwahati to Dimapur. After boarding, feel at ease to jell up with your fellow trekkers. Consider this as an opportunity to clear any doubts or queries and learn more about the entire route from the trek leaders.
Dimapur to Kohima: 70 km
Kohima to Vishwema: 24 km
Trek from Viswema to Dzukou Guest House: 4.5 hours
We reach Dimapur at 4:30 am and begin the car journey from Dimapur to Kohima. During the road trip, get the first glimpse of the scenic valleys of Nagaland. As and however the ride unfolds, we will take timely pitstops for breakfast and lunch. Meanwhile, take time to absorb nature. The journey will continue as we drive from Kohima to Viswema. The drive switches to steep, winding roads as we bounce down the hills surrounded by wildflowers and bamboo.
Viswema is the village where the trek starts to the Dzukou rest house. We will begin with a 1.5-hour uphill trek through dense bamboo thickets that might need to be parted at certain spots to move ahead along the steep trek route. We assure you that the mesmerising views along the way will soothe your inhibitions. We will take a short break to recuperate.
After the steep 1.5-hour trek, we will walk for another 3 hours through plain lands to reach Dzukou valley. The panoramic views of the valley, the majestic mountains surrounding you and the natural green environment make the trek most worthwhile and memorable.
At this point, we reach our Dzukou dormitory, freshen up, have dinner and rest for the night.
Wake up to the chirpy morning. Breakfast will be served at 7 am. After this, we will commence downhill trekking to the valley. This will approximately take an hour. But why are we trekking down, only to come back up?
We will go down to the valley. Dzukou valley is well-hidden among the high mountain ranges on the Manipur-Nagaland border. The valley is famous for its multicoloured carpets of flowers that bloom in summer, most notably the Dzukou lily, which is found only in this valley. The flowers begin to bloom in the monsoon, and the first two weeks of July are the peak flower season. As you reach, you will also get glimpses of the Dzukou river. The river is said to contain healing particles. Feel free to take a dip.
Dinner with overnight stay will be followed in the Dzukou valley.
It’s a long day. Pump yourself with a fantastic breakfast, after which we will return to Vishwema. From there, we will board the train to Guwahati.
Day 4 is about retracing the path to savour points you might have missed. It is a long day. Pump yourself with a fantastic breakfast, after which we will return to Vishwema. From there, drive to Kohima > Dimapur. In Dimapur, we will board the train to Guwahati.
We will stop for lunch, snacks, and dinner whenever the group needs it.
Guwahati is where the trip started; it is where we will say goodbye to our North-Eastern Dzukou Valley trip. From Guwahati, you are on your own. You can return to your place on the same day or spend some days exploring Assam.
All memories of the days spent together would come back as we part. We know how difficult it is to let go of funny times, sleepless nights and new friendships. But guess, once you choose PTU, it is your home forever.
Most of us cross paths multiple times. Don't forget to remember the thrill you have had during the Dzukou Valley trek, share pictures and stay connected. And whenever you feel like doing it all over again, we are here. Check out our other itineraries and ring us soon. It would be a pleasure to see you. Until we meet again, take care and love life.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Sharing basis accommodation in Dormitory/Homestay with Sleeping Bags
- 3 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 2 Dinners, High tea and snacks (All Meals are Veg)
- Transport from Guwahati to Guwahati (Non A/c)
- Porter charges
- An Experienced Trek Leaders & experienced Local Guides
- Any other permits that may be required
- Experience that you gain
- Airfare/Train tickets to and back from Guwahati not included
- Any meals not included above
- Any kind of personal expenses like soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, tips, telephone calls, laundry etc
- Trekking equipment like trekking bag, shoe, trekking pole etc
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, roadblocks, bad weather, etc
- Any kind of insurance (health, medical, life accidental,etc)
- Anything not included above
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking Shoes ( Do not carry sneakers/ sports shoes. Carry shoes that have good grip and ankle support)
- Backpack (35 -50 litres): A backpack with sturdy straps and a supporting frame. Rain cover for a backpack is essential.
- Layers/Warm Clothes/Thermals
- Trek Pants/T-shirts/Undergarments as per your convenience. Carry the actual number required and stay light
- Sunglasses, Suncap, sunscreen.
- Hand gloves, socks 2 pairs and woollen socks
- Headlamp/LED Torch is mandatory
- Trekking Pole
- Personal Medikit
- Toiletries: moisturiser, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitiser. Do not carry wet wipes.
- One 1 litre water bottle.
- Plastic covers: carry a few extra plastic bags for wet clothes. Make sure you take them back and not litter the mountains.
Policy and Terms
Here’s the cancellation policy for Himalayan Treks/Backpacking Trips/Road Trips
- If you cancel before 30 days – 90% of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 20 -30 days – 75% % of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 15-19 days – 50% will be refunded
- If you cancel between 7-14 days – 25 % amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 0- 7 days before the departure date – No amount would be refunded.
Note: For All The Above Refund Cases Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be dedcuted from the overall amount and balance amount shall be refunded. You can transfer your ticket to anyone so that you could save your hard earned money
For other trips and travels with us, and detailed terms and conditions check the following link : https://www.plantheunplanned.com/refund-cancellation-policy