Fireflies Special Bhandardara Camping
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 16+ years
- Best Season - May June
Bhandardara is a huge lake, located near Igatpuri, in the Western Ghats of India. It is one of the best places in Maharashtra to experience camping in-between nature. In Bhandardara right before the monsoon hits the ground fireflies get ready to gleam their light at the brightest in the forest area beside the lake. Fireflies can be seen only 15 to 20 days before monsoon during their mating season. Join us and give yourself in, to a camping night beside the breathtaking ranges of Sahyadri as you catch sight of the glorious fireflies.
Who should attend?
HikerWolf Fireflies Special Bhandardara Camping is limited to people up to the age of 35 years. Travellers need to be within the age limit on the date of the trip departure to be eligible to join. We strictly follow this age criterion, and can not make any exceptions.
We feel that a narrow age group leads to better experiences for our travellers when they visit a destination and the whole trip experience is more fun since people are on the same wavelength. Plus, it is always great when people make friends and keep in touch later
- Reach Kasara Station by 2:00 pm meet our fellow travelers & take local transportation to our beautiful lakeside venue at Bhandardhara.
- On arrival, you will be welcomed with a welcome drink. set your soul free and have a pleasant walk along the Bhandardhara Lake which has a serene feel to itself.
- Enjoy the lovely sunset and let your mind express its likelihood to the silent breeze!
- To begin with the evening, we will have an interactive icebreaker session with various fun team games and activities. While the games are still on, it’s time for lip-smacking Barbeque.
- Let’s Party!!! We have also arranged a special musical evening for you folks, so get ready to dance to your heart’s content.
- Dinner will be served around 10:30 pm. After dinner, we visit the sites where the fireflies come to greet us. The scene is quite an experience on its own when you take a stroll through the night. The dark sky in the backdrop and the yellow blinking lights of these creatures is just a perfect combination of beauty.
- After giving such a wonderful treat to our eyes, we will return to our campsite to sit beside the campfire to exchange camping special stories.
- After calling it a day, we’ll get into our tents for a sound comfortable sleep.
- GOOD MORNING! Wake up earlier to witness refreshing water in front of your campsite. Freshen up soon and adore the beautiful morning bliss greenery with a sip of a hot cup of tea coffee!
- Go boating in the pleasing water of Bhandardara lake and click some dashing selfies.
- At 10:30 am With a bunch full of beautiful experiences and lasting cheerful memories, we bid a final goodbye to the mesmerizing segment of the life journey!
- We will reach back to Kasara at around 2 pm
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Hikerwolf has become a character of a lot of travel journeys and one thing that we’re sure of is that we deliver happiness. With each trip and adventure, we’ve seen shining smiles, and an overdose of laughter packed with wistful memories. We based our foundation in 2016, and since then we have been spreading the warmth of happiness and bringing people closer to the outer lasting friendships via group tours. Hikerwolf organizes group tours, corporate trips, treks, camping events, college industrial visits, and other adventure, and travel events. How we got here Weekend trips and restaurant hoppings with his group of friends were a regular part of our Founder Smit Desai’s life during his college days. His bond with his friends was very strong, so much so that they believed that they would travel the world together. But destiny had some other plans and just like that, as they got out of college to venture into the next phase of life, everybody’s priorities started to change. New jobs, new placements, and a new set of people: a corporate lifestyle did not promise the happiness and bondings that their college buddies could provide. Although they tried catching up with their old buddies over the weekends, owing to their busy lifestyle, things didn’t quite get executed as they would have planned. While others could have sensed loneliness. Smit saw a business opportunity in this. He empathized with many others who most likely go through similar episodes and emotions in their lives. He decided to make a travel company where people could meet, make bonds, and travel as if they are travelling with a group of their old friends. The idea behind HikerWolf was born, but the journey toward the execution was not easy. Smit started and closed a few small travel ventures in 2012 before he finally decided to go big with his dream project HikerWolf in 2016. And that’s how Hikerwolf happened. Hikerwolf stirred from the same idea of bringing people together, spreading happiness, and making memories with strangers who end up becoming your friend. Our idea of spreading happiness is not only restricted to our travel ventures, we love doing the same wherever we go. Hikerwolf structures its journeys in ways that can uplift and empower the local communities across remote locations and thus make an attempt to spread happiness in their lives. So if you join us, you know that you are in for something that goes beyond travelling. Today, as Hikerwolf has evolved as a team that has a common goal as a company, we hope to instill our values through our best-curated trips and spread friendships and happiness throughout the world.
- Local transportation from Kasara to Campsite and Back
- Welcome drink
- Evening Snacks (Jain food available)
- Breakfast (Day 2) (Jain food available)
- Tent stays
- Fun-loving games & activities
- HikerWolf Expertise
- Basic First Aid is also included for safety
- A lot of memories
- Mineral water
- Train tickets from Mumbai to Kasara and Back
- 5% GST
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions list
- Firefly sightings are dependent on weather conditions. Ideally, this is the best time to sight them. However, we do not take responsibility for low firefly sightings.
- In case of any unexpected change in weather or other unforeseen situations that are beyond our control and due to which camping may not be feasible, the operator will try their best to make alternate stay arrangements in the nearby homestay OR village (subject to availability).
THINGS TO CARRY
- Identity Proof
- Water Bottle (Minimum 2-3 litters)
- 3 Extra Pair of Clothes
- Flipflops or Sandals
- Carry all your luggage in a shoulder bag/ rucksack
- Personal Medications, if any.
- Mosquito repellent
- An extra bag to keep your wet clothes
- A shawl or jacket as it will be cold, and you may require it while sleeping
- Sanitary Kit
HOW TO REACH
Train schedule and reporting time:
- CSMT- 11:30 am (11:42 am train time)
- Byculla- 11: 35 am (11:49 am train time)
- Dadar- 11:40 am (11:55 am train time)
- Kurla- 11:45 am (12:02 pm train time)
- Ghatkopar- 11:50 pm (12:06 pm train time)
- Mulund- 12:05 pm (12:18 pm train time)
- Thane- 12:10 pm (12:22 pm train time)
- Dombivali- 12:25 pm (12:38 pm train time)
- Kalyan- 12:30 pm (12:47 pm train time)
- Kasara – 01:58 pm
Note: Request you to be on time as we shall not be responsible in case you miss your train by any chance.