Grahan Village Trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 4 Days 3 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Monsoon (Aug, Sept, Oct)
India’s snow-studded gem, Himachal Pradesh is in the Himalayan range. Several perennial rivers flow through the state. Also known as the “Dev Bhumi”, Himachal Pradesh is filled with beautiful valleys, jaw-dropping mountain views, scenic hiking trails, mystical rivers, and spiritual monasteries. In this journey with us, you will be visiting Kasol, Chalal, and Grahan. Filled with many beautiful trails and scenic views there is no reason you shouldn’t be embarking on this journey!
A small village in the district of Kullu, Kasol has gained fame in recent years for its hippie culture and Israeli population. There are many treks one can take from Kasol with a famous one being the Kheerganga trek. Kasol is known for its many cafes with a river view.
A hidden gem in the state of Himachal Pradesh is the village of Grahan. Grahan is 5-6 hours away from Kasol. The locals of Grahan are farmers who reap crops like potatoes, apples, and charas. The entire route from Kasol to Grahan is filled with beautiful views. It is 7,700 feet above sea level with only 50 houses and around 350 people. The houses are over 200 years old. The wooden houses, lush greenery, view of snow-capped mountains and fresh mountain air, Grahan is a very simple but beautiful heartwarming village.
Day 0: Drive from Delhi to Kasol
Day 1: Hike to Chalal | Cafe Hopping
Day 2: Trek to Grahan Village (5 Kilometers Trek, 4 Hours)
Day 3: Grahan Village to Kasol. Later depart for Delhi
Day 4: Trip Ends
- The group will meet at the pickup location at 5 p.m.
- We'll meet the trip captains, and a quick tour briefing will be presented.
- Following that, we'll begin our nighttime drive to Kasol, a little hamlet in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu area noted for its pure river streams and lush green forests.
- Please keep in mind that the pickup location will be Majnu Ka Tila.
- We will check into our chosen hotel in Kasol and have lunch there.
- Following that, we'll hike to Chalal, a charming settlement with panoramic views of the Parvati Valley. We'll return after enjoying some peaceful hours surrounded by nature.
- In the evening, we will go to the local market and indulge in Cafe Hopping to see what Kasol has to offer.
- Dinner, then an overnight stay in Kasol.
- After an early breakfast, we'll travel to Kasol Main Market, the starting location for the Grahan Village Trek.
- Grahan is an unusual village in Himachal Pradesh. When we arrive, we'll check into a guesthouse and spend some time relaxing.
- Following that, we'll take a lovely walk through the hamlet to see the Grahan Waterfall.
- Dinner, then an overnight stay in Grahan.
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our homestays and trek down to Kasol Main Market.
- Afterward, we’ll board an overnight bus from Kasol to Delhi.
- We'll arrive in Delhi in the early morning. The team will split up and leave with fond memories.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Transportation: Tempo Traveler/Volvo for Delhi to Delhi transportation
- Accommodation: 1 Night Accommodation in Hotel and 1 Night Accommodation in Homestay
- Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Meal Plan: MAPI Plan (Total 5 Meals - 2 Meals on Day 1 (L+D) + 2 Meals on Day 2 (B+D) + 1 Meal on Day 3 (B))
- The trip Captain will be present at all times during the tour.
- Local Guide
- First Aid Kits
- Driver allowance, tolls & parking charges
- 5% GST
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Any additional expenses of personal nature.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare / Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions”.
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Day Pack ( Small Bag of 10 litres to carry necessary stuff for the day )
- Rucksack ( 40 litre )
- Trekking shoes: Carry waterproof trekking shoes with good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
- Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
- Two Carry light cotton trek pants: Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
- Three t-shirts (collared/dry-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sunburns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dry-fit t-shirts.
- Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be a lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
- Cap: At high altitudes, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
- Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woollen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
- Socks (2pairs) and a pair of woollen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woollen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from the rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
- Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID:: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
Majnu Ka Tila
Policy and Terms
Here's the cancellation policy for Himalayan Treks
- If you cancel before 30 days - 90% of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 20 -30 days - 75% % of amount will be rAefunded
- If you cancel between 15-19 days - 50% will be refunded
- If you cancel between 7-14 days - 25 % amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 0- 7 days before the departure date - No amount would be refunded.
- *Intimation Period means the number of days before the tour is scheduled to start
- **Cancellation Fee is the amount of money that will be deducted from the total billing amount before offering the refund.
- Refund/Cancellation requests are accepted only by email at [email protected] and not via call or Whatsapp.
Note: For All The Above Refund Cases Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be deducted from the overall amount and the balance amount shall be refunded. You can transfer your ticket to anyone so that you could save your hard-earned money
For other trips and travels with us, and detailed terms and conditions check the following link: https://www.plantheunplanned.com/refund-cancellation-policy