Hampi Backpacking Tour
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 12 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 10+ years
Hampi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a mesmerizing destination where history and architecture blend seamlessly. Nestled in the heart of Karnataka, India, this ancient city was once the glorious capital of the Vijayanagara Empire. With its captivating ruins, striking boulder-strewn landscape, and awe-inspiring temples, Hampi offers a journey back in time. Visitors can wander through the remnants of a bygone era, gazing upon intricate stone-carved temples, grand palaces, and an otherworldly landscape, dotted with massive, balancing boulders. A visit to Hampi is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the fascinating history of India, explore its rich cultural heritage, and witness the incredible craftsmanship of its ancient builders. Whether you're an architecture enthusiast, history buff, or simply seeking a unique and picturesque destination, Hampi promises an unforgettable experience.
Sunset and sunrise views in Hampi are a magical spectacle, with the sun casting a warm glow over the historical monuments and the Tungabhadra River. The vibrant bazaars of Hampi offer a taste of the local culture, where you can shop for handmade crafts, textiles, and delicious regional cuisine. Visitors can also enjoy activities like rock climbing, cycling, and exploring hidden corners of the city.Hampi beckons you to step into a world frozen in time, where history, spirituality, and natural beauty converge to create an unforgettable travel experience.
Explore the Historical and Natural Wonders of Hampi
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: Begin your journey in Hampi, a UNESCO-listed site renowned for its profound historical and architectural significance. Uncover the secrets of a bygone era as you traverse the well-preserved ruins of the Vijayanagara Empire, which include stunning temples, palaces, markets, and other awe-inspiring structures.
- Sanakpur Lake: Delight in the serene beauty of Sanakpur Lake, nestled amidst the ancient landscape of Hampi. Take a moment to appreciate the tranquil surroundings and the gentle lapping of the waters.
- Coracle Ride and Cliff Jumping: Experience the thrill of a traditional coracle boat ride on the Tungabhadra River. For the adventurous at heart, cliff jumping offers an adrenaline-pumping adventure in the midst of nature's grandeur.
- Anjanadri Hills: Embark on a trek to Anjanadri Hills, the mythical birthplace of Lord Hanuman. As you ascend the hills, immerse yourself in the serene and sacred atmosphere that surrounds this significant site.
- Virupaksha Temple: Pay homage to one of Hampi's most iconic temples, the Virupaksha Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Be enthralled by the temple's impressive architecture, adorned with intricate carvings that recount tales of devotion and artistry.
- Vijaya Vittala Temple: Delve into the beauty of the Vijaya Vittala Temple complex, where you'll encounter the famous stone chariot and the enchanting musical pillars. Wander through intricately carved halls that echo with history and artistry.
- Elephant Stables: Step into the grandeur of the Elephant Stables, a distinctive structure that once housed the regal elephants of the Vijayanagara kings. Witness the architectural excellence and historical significance of this unique site.
- Lotus Mahal: Visit the elegant and harmonious Lotus Mahal, a structure that flawlessly fuses Hindu and Islamic architectural styles. This unique gem stands as a testament to the city's rich cultural confluence.
- Sasive Ganesha Temple: Discover the unique beauty of the Sasive Ganesha Temple, an architectural gem that represents the diverse spiritual essence of Hampi.
- Shreebadavalinga Gudi: Pay your respects at the Shreebadavalinga Gudi, a sacred temple that reflects the spiritual harmony and devotion found in this historic city.
- Lakshmi Narasimha Temple: Visit the Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, a testament to the city's deep-rooted religious significance and the intricate craftsmanship of its builders.
A/C Tempo Traveller/Bus Pushback Seats
- Your Hampi tour package starts from Bangalore, our representative will pick you up in the late evening from
- Indira Nagar
- Overnight Journey through Tempo Traveller (according to the group size)
A/C Tempo Traveller/Bus Pushback Seats
(Breakfast and Dinner in Hotel)
Your first day in Hampi is filled with exciting explorations, and it all begins after your morning arrival in this historic town.
- Sanakpur Lake, A Hidden Jewel: After your arrival, proceed to check in at the hotel. Fuel up with a delicious breakfast to kick-start your day. Get ready to explore the hidden jewel of Hampi, Sanakpur Lake, surrounded by impressive boulders. The road leading to the lake features a picturesque canal and boulders on both sides, offering a unique and scenic landscape.
- Coracle Ride and Cliff Jumping: At the lake, you have the opportunity to experience a traditional coracle boat ride on the tranquil Tungabhadra River (additional cost). For the adventurous souls, there's also the chance to partake in cliff jumping. It's a day filled with both relaxation and thrilling adventures.
- Enjoy a peaceful and fulfilling lunch, re-energizing you for the rest of the day.
- Anjanadri Hills: Your day continues with a visit to Anjanadri Hills. This location is famous for its sunset views, offering a mesmerizing panorama of the Tungabhadra River winding its way through the rocky landscape. From this vantage point, you can also observe the entirety of the Vithala Temple complex and the surrounding hilltops.
- The day is designed for exploration and relaxation, and it sets the tone for the rest of your Hampi adventure.
A/C Tempo Traveller/Bus Pushback Seats
- Virupaksha Temple: Start your day with a visit to Virupaksha Temple, the primary center of pilgrimage in Hampi. This temple has retained its sanctity and significance throughout the centuries, making it an integral part of the region's history and culture.
Lotus Mahal: Next, you'll explore the elegant Lotus Mahal, a unique monument combining elements of Hindu and Islamic architectural styles. This "air-conditioned" residence was built for one of the two wives of Vijayanagara ruler Krishnadevaraya. It features a water tank on top and a network of water pipes within the structure, effectively cooling the space even in hot weather.
Elephant Stables: Your journey then leads you to the impressive Elephant Stables, an architectural marvel used to house the royal elephants of the Vijayanagara Empire.
Sasivekalu Ganesha Temple: This temple, dedicated to Lord Ganesha, boasts a massive monolithic statue and is a testimony to the exceptional craftsmanship of the era.
Shree Badavalinga Gudi: Visit the Shree Badavalinga Gudi, a temple dedicated to Lord Badavalinga. The highlight is the massive Badavalinga stone idol within, making it a significant religious site.
Lakshmi Narasimha Temple: Here, you'll witness a remarkable statue of Lord Narasimha, who sits on the coil of a giant seven-headed snake called Sesha. The head of the snake forms a protective hood over his head. The deity is portrayed in a cross-legged Yoga position with a belt supporting the knees.
Vittala Temple: Your final stop is the iconic Vittala Temple, known for its renowned Stone Chariot and Musical Pillars. This temple complex, dedicated to Lord Vishnu in the form of Vittala, dates back to the 15th century during the reign of King Devaraya.
After a day filled with exploration, you'll depart for Bangalore, carrying with you a bag full of cherished memories. You'll reach Bangalore at your designated drop-off point, concluding your remarkable Hampi adventure.
Sasivekalu Ganesha Temple
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Backpackers United is the leading and fastest-growing Travel Community, founded in 2017, that offers exceptional travel experiences in India. Our team of young, dynamic, and passionate travelers is committed to exploring the great outdoors through sustainable nature trails. We believe in providing a unique travel experience that takes our fellow travelers off the beaten path to discover the hidden gems of nature. We offer a diverse range of travel services, including treks to unexplored places in both North and South India, Cycling Tours, Holiday Packages, Sightseeing, Backpacking Trips, Corporate treks, Team Outings, Personality Development through adventure activities, experiential learning trips specially curated for school and college students, a variety of Adventure activity packages, and much more. Our experienced travel planning team curates each itinerary to ensure every penny is worth the experience. At Backpackers United, we have executed over 2K trips for more than 20,000 enthusiastic travelers, and our weekend treks and trips from Bengaluru are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. We offer customizable travel packages that cater to specific needs and requirements, ensuring a personalized and memorable experience. Our commitment to sustainable tourism and responsible travel ensures that we leave a positive impact on the communities we visit. We encourage travelers to explore the great outdoors in a way that respects and preserves nature, and we promote eco-friendly practices in all our trips and treks. Join our community of adventure seekers, and experience the thrill of exploring nature in a unique and sustainable way. Book your next adventure with Backpackers United and make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.
Comfortable and Hygienic Transportation: You'll travel in a spacious and well-maintained Tempo Traveler, designed for group departures. This vehicle ensures a comfortable and safe journey throughout the tour, making sightseeing hassle-free.
Breakfast (Day 2 & Day 3): Enjoy a delicious and energizing breakfast on Day 2 and Day 3, setting the perfect start to your days of exploration.
Dinner (Day 2): Relish a delightful dinner on Day 2, allowing you to savor local cuisine or other culinary delights, making your evening a memorable one.
Experienced Driver/Certified Guide: Your journey will be led by an experienced driver or certified guide. They will provide insights into the destinations you visit, ensuring you have a knowledgeable and safe exploration of each location.
Sightseeing as per Itinerary: You'll embark on a comprehensive sightseeing journey as per the itinerary, ensuring you visit all the planned attractions and capture the essence of each destination.
Accommodation in a 3-star Hotel (Double Occupancy): Enjoy your stay in a comfortable 3-star hotel with double occupancy, providing a relaxing and pleasant environment during your trip. Your accommodation is designed to enhance your overall experience and offer a welcoming retreat after a day of adventure.
These inclusions are thoughtfully designed to enhance your travel experience, offering convenience and ensuring you make the most of your visit to the destinations on your tour.
Sightseeing Entry Charges: Entry fees or charges for specific sightseeing attractions or monuments are not included in the package and will need to be borne by the traveler.
Additional Adventure / Water Activities: If you choose to engage in extra adventure or water activities beyond what's covered in the itinerary, these will be at an additional cost and are not included.
Lunch on all Days: Lunch expenses are not included for all days. You are responsible for your meals on the trip.
Dinner on Day 3: Dinner on Day 3 is not part of the package. You may choose to dine at your own convenience and preference.
Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses such as souvenirs, shopping, or other miscellaneous costs are not covered in the package and should be managed individually.
Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions: Any service or facility not explicitly listed in the "Inclusions" section is not part of the package and may be an additional expense if chosen.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry:
ID Proof: Ensure you have a valid government-issued ID proof, such as Aadhar or any other recognized identification.
Reusable Water Bottles: Carry at least two liters of water to stay hydrated during the journey.
Clothes: Pack clothing for a two-day trip and an extra set of clothes for contingencies.
Sunscreen and Sunglasses: Protect yourself from the sun by carrying sunscreen and sunglasses.
Cap/Hat: A cap or hat is essential to shield yourself from the sun and heat.
Raincoat/Poncho/Umbrella: Be prepared for unexpected weather changes with rain protection.
Toiletries: Include essential toiletries like shampoo, towel, toothpaste, soap, and hand sanitizer. Note that tissue paper may not be allowed for the trek.
Snacks: Carry energy-boosting items like juice packs, Glucon-D, and energy bars to keep yourself energized.
Polybag: Bring a polybag to separate wet clothes and shoes from the rest of your belongings.
Personal Medication: If you have any specific medications, don't forget to pack them.
Mosquito Repellent Cream: Stay protected from mosquitoes by carrying repellent cream.
Torch: A torch with new batteries is important for nighttime visibility.
Camera (Optional): If you're inclined to capture memories, you can carry a camera.
Long Socks: Good quality, long socks provide protection and comfort during treks.
Good Trekking Shoes: Sturdy trekking shoes with good grip are crucial for safe and comfortable trekking.
Sandals: Comfortable sandals come in handy for relaxing during breaks.
Power Bank: Carry a power bank to ensure your mobile devices remain charged.
This comprehensive list ensures that you have all the essentials you need for a safe and enjoyable trip.
Policy and Terms
- Cancellations made 30 days or more before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 10.0% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 25.0% of the total tour cost.-
- Cancellations made between 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 50.0% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 3 days to 7 days before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 75.0% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made 0 days to 3 days before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 100.0% of the total tour cost.
- This cancellation policy is designed to provide clear and transparent guidelines regarding cancellation fees based on the timing of cancellations. Please take note of these terms before booking your adventure.
Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read and understand the following terms and conditions that govern your travel experience with Backpackers United.
- Ownership of Content: Any photos or videos taken during the trip by Backpackers United's content creators or clients are owned by Backpackers United and can only be used by the company for advertising purposes. No one else can use the content commercially without permission from Backpackers United.
- Payment: Full payment for the trip must be completed before the trip begins. Failure to complete the payment may result in the cancellation of the trip.
- Valid ID: All travelers must have a valid government-issued ID that will be verified before boarding. No boarding will be allowed without a valid ID.
- Transfer of Bookings: The transfer of bookings is not allowed. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation will be allowed to travel.
- Passport Requirements: For international travel, clients must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of intended travel and not damaged in any way. Backpackers United is not responsible for clients who book travel with passports that do not meet this requirement. Any denial of entry at immigration or any additional cost arising from alternate arrangements for deportation must be borne by the travelers.
- Unused Inclusions: No refunds will be given for any inclusions that are not utilized by the client.
- Luggage and Belongings: Travelers are responsible for their luggage and belongings. Backpackers United is not responsible for any damage or missing items.
- Departure Time: The departure time is fixed, and all travelers must report at the pickup point 30 minutes before scheduled departure. The air conditioning will be switched off in the hills, and the driver will have the discretion to turn off the AC during the trip for safety reasons.
- Prohibited Activities: Drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited during the tour. Backpackers United's tours involve physically demanding activities such as trekking and camping at high altitudes, so clients are advised to be in good physical shape.
- Liability: Backpackers United is not responsible for any accidents, bodily injury, illness, death, loss, or damage to baggage or property, or any damages or claims arising from negligence or delay by any person not employed by Backpackers United.
- Conduct: Any misconduct or indiscipline will not be tolerated during the tour.
- Alterations to Itinerary: Backpackers United is not responsible for any delays or alterations to the itinerary due to natural hazards, accidents, weather conditions, landslides, political closures, or any untoward incidents. Alterations to the itinerary may be necessary due to various factors, such as weather and road conditions, and the physical ability of participants, in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being.
- Insurance: Backpackers United does not provide insurance policies to cover sickness, accidents, or losses due to theft or other reasons.By booking a trip with Backpackers United, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to abide by these terms and conditions. Your safety and enjoyment during the trip are our top priorities, and we appreciate your cooperation and adherence to these guidelines.