Hampi Trip With Hippie Island | Bangalore
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 10 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 8+ years
Have you been Hampi-fied at least once in your life?
Hampi, situated on the banks of the river Tungabadra, is a backpackers paradise as well as Hippie haven. There are many interesting things here like hillocks filled with boulders, monuments, ruins, temples, laid back cafes, arts, shopping, trekking, etc. Located at a distance of 340 Km from Bangalore, it makes a great offbeat weekend getaway.
Hampi is a different world altogether that takes you back in time, amazes you with its mystical ruins, and makes you wonder how magnificent this city would have been centuries ago. It was the capital of the grand Vijayanagara kingdom which was ruled by Sri Krishnadevaraya. At its peak, Hampi was one of the richest cities in the world. Traders from different parts of the world would visit Hampi for business.
If you think this is fascinating enough, it’s not over yet. Hampi also has mythological significance attached to Ramayana. It is said to be the Kishkinda kingdom of Vali, Sugreeva, and our very own Hanuman. A temple on top of a hillock named Anjanadri is said to be his birthplace.
While we marvel at the colored-retro setting of the Hampi, we are gonna stay towards the Hippie Island side, hike a couple of boulder-filled hillocks and enjoy pretty views from the top, including a lovely sunset that Hampi is famous for.
Can we ever be satisfied without getting wet? We will also take a soothing dip in the pristine waters of Sanapur lake under hot Hampi weather. For those who wouldn’t like to get wet, local villagers usually operate Coracle rides here. Even if one doesn’t indulge in both, Sanapur lake surrounded by stunning boulder hills is such a serene locale to just sit and relax.
Hippie Island is combination of 4 places –
1. Anjanadri Hill (Hanuman’s birth place)
2. Sanapur Lake (Coracle)
3. Anegundi (Durga temple)
4. Virupapura Gaddi (Destroyed shacks)
We will visit first two places above and optionally the 3rd place depending on time. Local authorities restrict tourists to visit 4th place.
Lazy dinners on the cozy beds of cafes, lots of socializing, good food, music…all of them to quench your thirst for an offbeat and laid back weekend!
- Anjanadri Hill
- Sanapur Lake visit
- Anegundi Hill (optional)
- Vijaya Vittala Temple (monuments)
- The Stone Chariot on 50 Rupees note
- Pushkarini (Stepped tank)
- Queen’s Bath, Lotus Mahal
- Elephant’s Stable
- Ugra Narasimha statue & giant Shiv ling
- Virupaksha Temple (the only temple in Hampi)
- Hemukuta hill sunset
- Social gathering under the open sky
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Reach Hampi cafe, freshen up & have breakfast.
- Note: Hippie Island is combination of 4 places -Anjanadri Hill (Hanuman’s birth place), Sanapur Lake (Coracle ride), Anegundi (Durga temple), Virupapura Gaddi (Destroyed shacks). We will cover first 2 places today. 3rd place is optional and 4th place has restrictions on tourists.
- Head to the base of the Anjanadri hill and hike up the hill on the northern banks of the Tungabhadra river. There are about 575 steps to climb. The view of boulder filled hills of Hampi from the top is amazing.
- Important notes: People have to leave their footwear at the base of the Anjanadri hill itself. There is usually huge crowd every weekend because of the popularity of the place, so we cannot avoid it. In the recent times, the local authorities have banned shorts/skirts. It’s recommended to wear full length clothes.
- After getting down, we will have a leisurely lunch at a charming Hippie café that serves a wide range of delicacies.
- Post lunch, we will enjoy the cool breeze of the pristine Sanapur Lake – take a dip if you wish to, go on a coracle ride on the lake (optional & self-sponsored), relax and rejuvenate.
- After spending quality time, enjoy a peaceful sunset from a sunset spot close to Sanapur Lake. This is a small hike to reach this point.
- Get back to the guest house, freshen up and laze around as you order your dinner.
- Music, social gathering in the night with long conversations.
- Rest in your assigned rooms.
- Start the day with a nice breakfast.
- Freshen up and check out of the stay.
- Head to Hampi town, visit the most famous Vijaya Vittala monument & explore the Stone Chariot on 50 rupees currency note. We usually have a guide here explaining interesting facts and history about this wonderful place.
- Visit a unique structure called Pushkarini, a perfectly symmetrical stepped water tank that becomes smaller as it goes down, that looks very attractive.
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit many more interesting monuments and historical places post lunch like Queen’s Bath, Lotus Mahal, Elephant’s Stable, Ugra Narasimha statue and giant Shiv ling.
- End the exploration with a visit to Virupaksha temple in the evening, the only working temple in Hampi (the rest of the places are all ruins and monuments).
- Hike up a hill adjacent to Virupaksha and enjoy another pretty sunset.
- Walk down to the flea market and shop for Hampi souvenirs.
- Finish dinner at a famous café in Hampi and start back to Bangalore before 10 PM.
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your memorable Hampi weekend trip story with your friends and family.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
At Muddie Trails, we offer offbeat travel experiences like trips and treks to quench your wanderlust. The outdoor activities like backpacking trips, hiking, trekking, adventure, camping, bonfire & road trips are our oxygen. Whether you are looking for awesome weekend trips, your own group trips or corporate outings to beautiful destinations, we are here to help.
- Travel (Tempo or Minibus pushback)
- Stay (Tents or Dorms)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts (All veg)
- Entry tickets wherever required
- Experience all places in the Highlights section
- Trip Leader
- Guide for Stone Chariot
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Lunches and Dinners both the days
- Coracle or any special activities
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry a water bottle, snacks, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Full sleeve cotton t-shirt, track pant is advised for Hampi as it’s a hot place (Oct to Feb)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guesthouse
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine
- Your personal medications, if any
- Water wear if you wish to take a dip in the Lake
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Policy and Terms
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.