Harshil- An Unexplored Valley & Gangotri Dham
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- 50 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy Moderate
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April) Summer (May, June, July)
Harshil, the Himalayan paradise is a town, vacationer slope station and armed force region situated on the banks of the Bhagirathi River, while heading to Gangotri, a Hindu journey site in Uttarkashi locale of the Indian province of Uttarakhand.
Ganges beneath Gangotri, close to Harshil. Arranged at an elevation of 9,005 ft (2,745 meters.) from ocean level, Harsil lies 78 km. from Uttarkashi, and 30 km away from the Gangotri National Park which is spread across 1,553 square km. The slope station is notable for its indigenous habitat and apple production.
Traveller/MUV/Sedan or Similar
• All the trekkers arrive Dehradun and we journey together around 219 km (7-8 hours) from Dehradun to Harshil early in the morning by road.
• On arrival at Harshil, Check into your hotel in the bank of river Ganga.
• Rest of the at Leisure.
• Dinner is served,and it is now that the trek leader will give you a briefing for the next day.
• We shall now rest for the day.
Traveller/MUV/Sedan or Similar
• Wake up to a refreshed morning in the valley of Harshil. Stroll around at the Hotel.
• After your exploration head back to the hotel where you will be served with breakfast.
• After having breakfast you will be transferred for Gartang Gali hike.
• Later we will visit Gangotri Dham.
• After this we will come back to our hotel.
• Dinner will be served and we shall now rest for the day.
Traveller/MUV/Sedan or Similar
Stay Not Applicable
• Get up early then be ready for your hike towards Lama Top, which is about 3.5km from our hotel.
• After spending some time at Lama Top We will head back to the hotel
• After breakfast, we check out of the hotel.
• Then we will retrace the same route via Mussoorie to Dehradun and It will be end of your Harshil Package.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
• Transport support from Dehradun to Dehradun.
• All vegetarian meals starting from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on the last day
• Wood casted resorts accommodation throughout the trip on a quad/triple/double sharing basis
• Professional guide, cook and support staff
• Rent for camping equipment
• Clean and comfortable Stay
• Good quality ¾ or 4 season swiss camps or dome tents
• Kitchen tents, common tents, toilet tents
• Forest entry charges for Indian nationals
• Porter and mule support to carry camping equipments
• Departure every Friday.
• Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls etc.
• Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above
• Any cost or services not mentioned in the Inclusions
• Accommodation in any other destination (not mentioned above)
• Cost arising due to unforeseen incidents like bad weather, medical evacuation,road blocks etc
• Porter/mule charges to carry personal luggage can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 300 per day (1 soft bag per person <12 kg)
THINGS TO CARRY
• Clothing - including thermal pants and shirt, a pair of woollen gloves, woollen and sun caps, 3 pairs of woollen socks,a woollen scarf,thick jacket etc.
• At least 1 litres of botteld water,and instant food like cookies and cakes.
• Necessary toiletries like hand sanitizers, towels, napkins, etc.
• Extra plastic bags.
• Sunglasses and lip balms.
• Waterproof rucksack and rain cover for rucksack.
• Medical kit, including any prescribed medicines.
• Torch with fresh battery.
• Relevant trekking and camping gear like trekking shoes, trekking backpack, trekking poles, etc.
• Power Bank
• Extra Pair of Slipper/Shoes
• Medication( if any prescribed by doctor)
Policy and Terms
- We understand that plans change sometimes. If you need to cancel/reduce/amend a guaranteed reservation, please do so latest by 12 noon, 30 days prior to arrival, to avoid cancellation charges. 100% non-refundable should there be any cancellation within 30 days of arrival.
- Third party Bookings made on non-cancellable/non-amendable packages/rates cannot be canceled/amended. On doing so, the full amount will be treated as the cancellation fee.
- If the guest doesn't show up the complete booking will be non-refundable or if they choose to check-out early, one night’s room rate, including taxes, will be charged.
- No cancellations will be taken over the call or WhatsApp message. Please reply to the email of email confirmation that you have received at the time of booking regarding the cancellation.
- There would be no refund provided in case some problems occur due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. On the occasion of any such happenings, we have a backup plan ready most of the time and we'll be moving onto that. There are times when we would have to cancel some activities mentioned in the itinerary but it's only due to the reason that we would be bound by a circumstance that is not in our control.
- If a trip is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.) then the participants would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount. (Subject to availability)
- If a trek/trip has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
- Tree stays/Third party Hotel/Operator will not bear any expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.).
- Mandatory Document: WAIVER OF LIABILITY, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT/Undertaking to be signed and submitted by the parents/guardian of guests below 18yrs of age.
- Guests are responsible for their own belongings.
Please feel free to connect for any further queries.
Terms and Conditions
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24 hours prior to Departure.
Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 10 am.
- Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
- If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
- The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
- Travelmite shall not be responsible for any delays or alterations in the program or indirectly incurred expenses in cases such as natural hazards, accidents, breakdown of machinery, weather conditions, landslides, political closure, or any untoward incidents.
- We do not provide any insurance policy to cover the expenditure on sickness or accidents or losses incurred due to theft or other reasons.
- Numerous factors such as weather and road conditions the physical ability of participants etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general well-being!
What is Harshil famous for?
- Hidden hill-station with pristine natural beauty.
- Known for extensive apple orchards.
- Offers adventure activities like trekking.
- Dotted with ancient temples.
- Popular as Raj Kapoor shot parts of film Ram Teri Ganga Maili.
Which mountains are visible from Harsil?
Harsil is located on the banks of Bhagirathi River. The valley is surrounded by Matri, Kailash, Shrikanth Peak and Banderpunch mountains.
What is the best time to visit Harsil Valley?
The best time to visit Harsil Valley is during the summer season. During this time of the year, the weather is moderate the beauty of the valley is at its peak. Winter is also a good season to explore this valley and it is a perfect time for adventure seekers to pump up the adrenaline in their veins.
How to reach Harsil Valley?
Harsil Valley is easily accessible from Gangotri and Uttarkashi and is connected well with roads. Reaching here is not that difficult. One can also choose rail and air services to reach at least halfway to the place.
- Nearest Metropolitan City - New Delhi
- Distance From Dehradun - 258 kilometers
- Distance From Uttarkashi - 100 kilometers
- Distance From Jolly Grant Airport - 271 kilometers
- Distance From New Delhi - 534 kilometers
Harsil is well-connected with other cities and towns of the state of Uttarakhand via roads. The nearest bus station from Harsil Valley is Uttarkashi which is easily accessible from major cities. There are government buses to Uttarkashi, and cab service from there for Harsil.
The nearest airport from Harsil is Jolly Grant Airport of Dehradun which is at a distance of 232 kilometers from Harsil Valley. The airport offers daily flights to and fro important cities like; Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata. From the airport, cab services are available by which one can reach Harsil without any hassle.
Rishikesh and Haridwar railheads are the nearest to Harsil Valley. Trains to both the stations are available but, Haridwar seems to have better connectivity which is at a distance of 262 km. Private cabs are available from here to reach Harsil.
What are the nearby attraction?
- Mukhwas Village
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.