Jaisalmer - Longewala: The Queen of Thar
Jaisalmer - Longewala
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 15+ years
Jaisalmer is inarguably the best travel destination in Rajasthan. Reckoned to offer tourists an unparalleled exotic experience, it is the gateway to culturally and historically rich Rajasthan. It is here in Jaisalmer that one is able to witness the perfect amalgamation of nature, architecture, hospitality and adventure. A former medieval trading center and a princely state in the western Indian state of Rajasthan, in the heart of the Thar Desert. Known as the "Golden City," it's distinguished by its yellow sandstone architecture. Dominating the skyline is Jaisalmer Fort, a sprawling hilltop citadel buttressed by 99 bastions.
Who should attend?
Jaisalmer is definitely a "land of wonders," and there is much to discover in this city's vivacious past, culture, natural beauty, and legacy. Jaisalmer, also referred to as "The Golden City of India," is a vibrant city located in the Thar Desert. This city is filled with marvels and boasts in every nook and cranny. Jaisalmer has experienced it all, from being an active commercial hub to a well-liked tourist destination in Rajasthan! So if a little heat doesn't bother you and architecture fasinates you this will be a fairyland for you travellers.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Included
Meet at Iffco chowk metro station ( Gurgaon ) to board on bus. Overnight journey from Gurgaon to Jaisalmer.
Our expected arrivak time in Jaisalmer (Sam Dunes) is by afternoon. Check in at Camps and take rest and Get ready for Jeep Dune bashing, also witness the beautiful sunset from desert. Reach back to campsite and enjoy the evening snacks with Jaiselmer Folk dance (Kalbeliya Folk Dance of the performers who are clad with the vibrant colorful dresses and traditional silver jewelry is the most prominent dance form of Rajasthan). Have dinner with overnight stay at Luxury Swiss Camps.
Kalbeliya Folk Dance
Wake up, have breakfast, Go for Camel safari in the morning and see why camels are called the ships of the Desert. Drive to explore Tanot Mata temple(Tanot Mata is an incarnation of divine goddess Hinglaj Mata) post seeking the blessings of Tanot Mata, depart for Longewala(Battle front of INDIA-PAK WAR 1971). Witness the battleground where the Indian army not only valiantly protected its post but also managed to inflict heavy losses on the Pakistani army. By the end of the war, the Pakistanis had lost nearly 200 soldiers, loss of 30+ tanks and 500 additional vehicles. Get chills iup your spine by exploring the abondoned village of Kuldhara (If time permits). Reach back to Jaisalmer and enjoy the evening at camps with musical night and bonfire, have dinner and retire for the night.
Stay Not Applicable
Up Uppity Up! Post a hearty breakfast we check out from the Camp. Board our vehicle and depart for an exciting Jaisalmer local sightseeing - Jaisalmer fort , Gadisar Lake and post lunch we depart for Gurgaon. Our expected arrival time is the following day - Morning/Early afternoon.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
- Gurugram to Gurugram Transportation(IFFCO Chowk Metro Station)
- 2 Night Accommodation Swiss Camps ( Bed, Blanket and Attached Washroom)
- Meals ( 2 BreakfastS, 2 Dinners, 1 Lunch, 2 Evening Snacks)
- Camel Ride
- Jeep Safari
- Rajasthani Culture Show
- Tour Coordinator ( No Influencer)
- Tanot Mata Temple
- Longe wala Border
- Gadisar Lake
- Jaisalmer Fort
- Jaisalmer Local Market
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature/excursions/medical exigency not mentioned in the inclusions
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
- Travel Insurance
Iffco chowk metro station
HOW TO REACH
By train: The nearest railway station is at New Delhi Station. From there you can hire a cab to Iffco chowk metro station. Your trip to Jaisalmer starts from here.
By road: Hire a cab or you can ride any vehicle to Iffco chowk metro station. From here we will pick you up for your entralling journey ahead.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, hire a cab to reach Iffco chowk metro station. Your trip to Jaisalmer starts from here.
Policy and Terms
- We understand that plans change sometimes. If you need to cancel/reduce/amend a guaranteed reservation, please do so latest by 12 noon, 30 days prior to arrival, to avoid cancellation charges. 100% non-refundable should there be any cancellation within 30 days of arrival.
- For all bookings, if the guest doesn’t show up/leave the trek/trip mid-way the complete booking will be non-refundable.
- There would be no refund provided in case any issue arising due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. Any changes which require additional charges would need to be borne by the guests.
- If a trip is cancelled at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, medical, heavy Traffic etc.) then the guest would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount. (Subject to availability). There will be no refund.
- If a stay has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh,Heavy , Medical, Traffic etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
- Travelmite will not bear any extra expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, Arranging transportation etc.).
Terms and Conditions
- 50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment Upon Boarding.
- Please note that the slots and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
- The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
- We do not allow drinking during the travel mode in the bus. Anyone found drunk at the time of boarding will be refused entry and no amount will be refundable. Journey Basket also reserves the right to discontinue your trip at any point on the grounds of misconduct. Such persons are strictly prohibited.
- If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
- The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
- There will be additional charges for the passengers would like to stay back at the destination or transit.
What is the Speciality of Jaisalmer?
Jaisalmer is famous for its intricate Rajasthani jewellery. The goldsmiths of Jaisalmer are particularly known for their skills in carving out beautiful pieces of silver jewellery.
What is the important facts of Jaisalmer Fort?
Jaisalmer Fort is the second oldest fort in Rajasthan, built in 1156 AD by the Rajput Rawal (ruler) Jaisal from whom it derives its name, and stood at the crossroads of important trade routes (including the ancient Silk road).
Which month is best for Jaisalmer?
The best time to visit Jaisalmer is between October and March, when the temperature in this culture-rich place is between 10°c to 27°c. Being a desert city, winter is the best season to visit Jaisalmer as the sun is perfect for all the sightseeing that the place is famous for.
What is the main food of Jaisalmer?
Among the most famous street foods in Jaisalmer, Mutton Saag is best served at the Trio which is famous for its authentic Rajasthani food.
Why is Jaisalmer called yellow city?
Jaisalmer- It is called the “Golden City” because the yellow golden sand gives a golden shadow to the city and its neighbouring areas. The town also stands on a fold of yellowish sandstone, crowned by a fort, picturing the town “Yellow” or “Golden”. It is a city in the Indian state of Rajasthan.
What clothes to wear in Jaisalmer?
Wear full sleeved clothes, shirt or tops, to cover your hands and arms and protect them from sunburn. -Nights are relatively much cooler so make sure you carry adequate woolens(including sweater, caps) and jackets.
Who is the king of Jaisalmer?
Chaitanya Raj Singh.
How far is desert from Jaisalmer?
Sam Sand Dunes (Desert) is around 45 km away from Town/ Jaisalmer city.
Can we see border from Jaisalmer?
The border is another 10-15 kms from there.
What is the name of border in Jaisalmer?
Join this incredible border visit tour in Jaisalmer if you want a taste of patriotism. See the border crossings that separate India and Pakistan at Laungewala and Tanot.
Can we see the Milky Way in Jaisalmer?
This makes the Thar Desert near Jaisalmer one of the best places for viewing the Milky Way and the many other beautiful constellations visible in the Indian night skies, including Cygnus, Orion, Cancer, Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Aries, Lyra and Pegasus.
Is Jaisalmer safe for solo female Travellers?
Jaisalmer is one of the safest tourist destination for the women travellers.
Is there desert safari in Jaisalmer?
Desert safari is a thrilling ride which one must surely experience when in Jaisalmer. It includes an adventure of a full day camel ride crossing sand dunes in the Jaisalmer desert followed by traditional dinner along with cultural performances at the Desert Camps.
What is the Desert Festival of Jaisalmer?
February is busy in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, as the city prepares to welcome tourists from across India and the world for its Jaisalmer Desert Festival, also known as Maru Mahotsav. The sands of the Thar shine with the colours of the festival, and echo with the sounds of its music.
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.