Kaas Pathar & Koyna Backwater
Kaas Pathar & Koyna Backwater
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 2 Nights
- 20 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 8+ years
- Best Season - Monsoon (Aug, Sept, Oct)
Kaas Plateau also known as the Kaas Pathar is a biodiversity hotspot known for various types of seasonal flowers blooming and numerous species of endemic butterflies. From pretty orchids to the wild and carnivorous Drosera Indica, there are more than 850 species of plants that bloom in the Kaas Pathar region during September and October.
However, beyond the multicoloured views of the Kaas plateau, there are amazing places worth exploring near Kass. So get ready to explore every direction of this destination in our 2 day jam-packed trip to Kaas Pathar and Koyna backwaters.
Who should attend?
The Kaas Plateau and Koyna Backwaters expedition is an enchanting odyssey, open to all who yearn for a rendezvous with nature's marvels. We take pride in ensuring a secure environment for our female travelers, where they can explore with confidence and tranquility. Furthermore, we extend a hearty welcome to solo adventurers, recognizing the unique perspectives and adventurous spirit they bring, enriching our collective experience in this breathtaking realm of natural beauty. Your presence not only enhances the journey but also adds a distinct vibrance to the tapestry of our exploration.
- You’ll meet our team at the designated Meeting Point and Pickup Time. For those who opted for “Without Bus Pickup,” please reach Hotel Three Star in Khargar at 11:50pm and follow our vehicle to Kaas.
- Arrive at the base village by 07:00 am and freshen up at the breakfast point.
- After a brief introduction and instructions session, we’ll head to Kaas Plateau/ Kaas Pathar, a 20-minute drive from the breakfast point.
Explore the stunning Colorful Meadows – this is not a trek but a guided tour.
- Take your time to soak in the beauty and capture moments.
- Enjoy lunch at 12:00 pm, followed by a visit to the Vajrai Waterfall view point (a half-hour trail to reach).
- After arriving at our campsite, unwind and partake in group activities such as games, music, and stories before a sumptuous dinner.
- Enjoy a tent stay near the lake, with washroom facilities available on-site.
- Wake-up call at 06:00 am for the early risers.
- Breakfast served at 7 am, followed by a visit to the mesmerizing Thosegar Waterfall View Point.
- Take in the awe-inspiring view of Thosegar falls before exploring the historic Sajjangad fort.
- Enjoy a special lunch, Prasad, provided by “Shri Samarth Seva Mandal Sajjangad and Sansthan” before embarking on our return journey to Mumbai.
- Anticipate reaching Mumbai in the late evening, around 10 pm, subject to traffic conditions.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Hikerwolf has become a character of a lot of travel journeys and one thing that we’re sure of is that we deliver happiness. With each trip and adventure, we’ve seen shining smiles, and an overdose of laughter packed with wistful memories. We based our foundation in 2016, and since then we have been spreading the warmth of happiness and bringing people closer to the outer lasting friendships via group tours. Hikerwolf organizes group tours, corporate trips, treks, camping events, college industrial visits, and other adventure, and travel events. How we got here Weekend trips and restaurant hoppings with his group of friends were a regular part of our Founder Smit Desai’s life during his college days. His bond with his friends was very strong, so much so that they believed that they would travel the world together. But destiny had some other plans and just like that, as they got out of college to venture into the next phase of life, everybody’s priorities started to change. New jobs, new placements, and a new set of people: a corporate lifestyle did not promise the happiness and bondings that their college buddies could provide. Although they tried catching up with their old buddies over the weekends, owing to their busy lifestyle, things didn’t quite get executed as they would have planned. While others could have sensed loneliness. Smit saw a business opportunity in this. He empathized with many others who most likely go through similar episodes and emotions in their lives. He decided to make a travel company where people could meet, make bonds, and travel as if they are travelling with a group of their old friends. The idea behind HikerWolf was born, but the journey toward the execution was not easy. Smit started and closed a few small travel ventures in 2012 before he finally decided to go big with his dream project HikerWolf in 2016. And that’s how Hikerwolf happened. Hikerwolf stirred from the same idea of bringing people together, spreading happiness, and making memories with strangers who end up becoming your friend. Our idea of spreading happiness is not only restricted to our travel ventures, we love doing the same wherever we go. Hikerwolf structures its journeys in ways that can uplift and empower the local communities across remote locations and thus make an attempt to spread happiness in their lives. So if you join us, you know that you are in for something that goes beyond travelling. Today, as Hikerwolf has evolved as a team that has a common goal as a company, we hope to instill our values through our best-curated trips and spread friendships and happiness throughout the world.
- Private AC bus pickup and drop from Mumbai.
- Shared waterproof tents (2 occupants per tent).
- Vegetarian/Jain breakfast and lunch on Day 1.
- Vegetarian/Jain breakfast and lunch on Day 2.
- Vegetarian/Jain dinner on Day 1.
- Toll charges, taxes, and other government/local body fees.
- Kaas Entry Fees & Guide (government charges).
- Expertise Charges.
- Boating Charges.
- Basic First Aid.
- Lunch and dinner on day 2
- Boating at Koyna Backwaters
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned above
- 5% GST
THINGS TO CARRY
- ID Card
- 2 to 3 litres drinking water
- Camera (Optional)
- Energy Powder or Glucon-D powder
- 2 Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin & towel
- Raincoat/ Poncho/ Windcheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Q: Can I join Solo for the Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip?
A: All of our trips have a large number of solo travellers. The Hikerwolf Kaas Pathar and Koyna backwaters trip is planned in a way that you will not only have a good time but also meet new people.
Q: Is it safe for girls to take a trip to Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters?
A: We usually have a lot of girls on our trips, so there’s a good chance you won’t be the only one on the Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip. The majority of our employees are female, and we guarantee high priority on their safety. On this trip, we assure you that you would stick around with safe and trustworthy people.
Q: What is the group size of Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip?
A: On our Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters Trip, we prefer to have a group of 15-30 people so that we can have more fun and provide more personal attention
Q: Who will accompany us on the Kaas Pathar and Koyna backwaters trip?
A: Our travel coordinators will accompany you on the trip. All of our events are led and hosted by professional travel coordinators with extensive experience managing groups and leading different team activities and games. This type of team-building activities encourages like-minded travellers to mingle, make new friends, and enjoy every moment of their Kaas Pathar and Koyna backwaters vacation.
Q: Are pickup facilities available in Mumbai for this Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip?
A: Yes, we will be providing pick up facility from Mumbai for Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip
Q: What type of accommodation will be provided on Kaas Pathar and Koyna backwaters trip?
A: On this Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip, we will provide triple/quad sharing accommodation at our hotel. All of the rooms have clean mattresses, pillows, and blankets. HikerWolf is well-known for providing the best possible budget stays on all of its trips.
Q: How many trippers will be in a room on this Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip?
A: In most cases, lodging is provided on a triple/quad sharing basis. If there is a couple, we can provide them with a separate room with some extra charges (please notify us once you have booked if you are a couple).
Q: Is there an age limit on this Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip?
A: Yes, the Kaas pathar and Koyna backwaters trip is only available to people under the age of 35. To be eligible to participate, travellers must be under the age limit on the date of the trip’s departure. We strictly adhere to this age requirement and cannot make any exceptions We believe that limiting the age range of our travellers leads to better experiences. When fewer people visit a destination, the overall trip experience turns out to be more enjoyable because everyone is on the same wavelength. Furthermore, those people befriending each other during the trip adds to the wholesome memories they create together.