Kashmir Road Trip
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April)
Kashmir is the land of innocence and beauty. It is a wave that transports you to its trickling lucidity. Moreover, it is nestled quietly with no added artificial flavours or layers.As chirping melodies string stories from Chinars, as a boatman strangles you out of Dal's humdrum, as the smell of Kahwa and Wazwan wakes you up from your slumber, discern that you have entered into the largest city of Jammu and Kashmir: Srinagar. Forming a Y-Shape, at 90 km and 50 km from Srinagar lie Pahalgam and Gulmarg, which are equally captivating.
Remember when they say Kashmir is beautiful, do not exclude men, women and children. People, most importantly, are hospitable, respectful and angelic here – all of them.
Notice that Kashmir and Bollywood have been in a long romantic relationship. In the 60s and 70s, several Bollywood films, including 'Kashmir Ki Kali’ (1964), 'Jab Jab Phool Khile' (1965) and 'Bobby' (1973), among many others, were shot in Kashmir. To experience the grandeur of Kashmir that entices everyone, even a lifetime is less. But if you want to touch base on the most recognised things without getting distracted, Plan the Unplanned team brings to you this seven nights and six days Kashmir Road Trip covering Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, and Sonamarg Tour.
- Visit sightseeing locations in Srinagar: Mughal Gardens, historical places, monuments, and Shankaracharya Temple.
- Stay in a deluxe houseboat in Srinagar for a night.
- Float on Srinagar’s lifeline in Dal Lake.
- Visit Pahalgam.
- Soar to new heights while paragliding (self-sponsored) in Aru Valley.
- Go to Betaab valley, another valley at walking distance from Pahalgam.
- Take note of the starting point of the famous Hindu pilgrimage journey, Shri Amarnath Yatra, in Chandanwari.
- Go to Baisaran, a place surrounded by lofty mountains and pine trees.
- Meditate near Drung Waterfall at Tangmarg
- Visit Gulmarg and sightseeing locations in Gulmarg like Rani Temple, St Mary Church, and Golf club.
- Take a Gondola ride (self-sponsored) to Kangdoori and Affarwat.
- Witness breathtaking views of Thajiwas Glaciers in Sonamarg.
Day 1: Srinagar arrival, Dal Lake visit
Day 2: Paragliding (self-sponsored) and Pahalgam Sightseeing: Aru Valley, Betaab Valley, Chandanwari
Day 3: Baisaran visit
Day 4: Gulmarg night stay and visiting Drung Waterfall in Tangmarg
Day 5: Gulmarg Gondola ride (self-sponsored) and back to Srinagar
Day 6: Srinagar to Sonamarg trip
Day 7: Departure from Srinagar
Welcome to Srinagar. As you arrive in calming Srinagar, you will see the Pir Panjal range – a part of the lesser-known Himalayas – walling up Srinagar.
Our Driver will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to the Hotel.
Freshen up, soak up vistas of the valley and get ready for a late evening walk by the Dal Lake, the concentration ground of Srinagar's economy. From inexpensive woollen clothes, shawls and jackets to upmarket showrooms, Srinagar is a destination for shopping enthusiasts.
After exploring the nooks and corners, rest in one of the buzzing food shops overlooking well-lit houseboats, and absorb your presence in this holy land.
After dinner, we will head back to our hotel.
After Breakfast, we will transfer to Pahalgam, in the Anantnag district. It is at a distance of 91 km from Srinagar. Midway, you will see apples, walnuts and other dry fruits orchards. We will witness the Lidder river in full glory as soon as we reach. It originates from the Kolahoi glacier and feeds the Jhelum river.
After we check in to the hotel, we will be out.
The places on today's catalogue are Aru valley, Betab valley and Chandanwari.
Aru valley is 12 km from Pahalgam. You can enjoy paragliding (self-sponsored) in Aru valley. The valley is famous for its picturesque meadows.
Betaab valley is another valley at walking distance from Pahalgam. It got its name after the film shooting of the movie Betaab. It was originally named Hagan Valley or Hagoon. It was only after a movie named Betab was shot that it got its name as such.
After covering these, we will go to Chandanwari. It is famous for being the starting point of the famous Hindu pilgrimage journey, Shri Amarnath Yatra.
After this, we will head back to our hotel in Pahalgam and stay there for the night.
Note: Cab Charges to Aru Valley, Betab Valley and Chandanwari are not inlcuded in the cost.
After breakfast, we will get ready to visit another beautiful place: Baisaran.
Lofty mountains surround the place and the trail pass through beautiful mountains and pine trees.
We will come back to Pahalgam for a night's stay.
After breakfast, we will start from Pahalgam to Gulmarg. It is at a distance of 140 km, and we will reach Gulmarg by afternoon.
On the way, we will visit Drung Waterfall at Tangmarg. It is a must-visit cascading waterfall set amidst majestic mountains. It freezes entirely in winter. While winter showcases an incredible view of the waterfalls, one can spend a peaceful time near the falls in the summer.
Gulmarg comprises two words: 'Gul', meaning ‘Flowers’, and 'Marg', meaning ‘Meadows’. After checking in to the hotel, enjoy an evening walk in the meadows of the Gulmarg.
You can visit nearby places within walkable distance from the hotel, like Rani Temple, St Mary Church and Golf club.
After this, come back to the hotel for a night's stay.
Reckoned among Skiers, Gulmarg also appeals to enthusiastic Gondola lovers. After breakfast, take a Gondola ride (self-sponsored). The Gondola ride is the main attraction in Gulmarg that takes you to two mountain peaks: Kongdoori and Affarwat.
As you take these rides, views from Gulmarg Gondola are truly admirable. You will even witness the magnificent Nanga Parbat if the day is clear.
The Gondola closes at around 4 pm, so wrap up the session by this time to head back home.
Later, we will pack up and head back to Srinagar.
Altitude of Srinagar: 1,585 m
Altitude of Sonamarg: 2,730 m
Today is the day to feel the serenity of the Pir Panjal range in Sonamarg, which is also the starting point for the Kashmir Great Lakes trek. Trekkers camp here for a day for acclimatisation.
After breakfast, we will visit Sonamarg for a day trip. Sonamarg lies at a distance of 80 km and is slightly higher than Srinagar. It’s almost a 3 hours journey.
Enjoy the breathtaking views of Thajiwas Glacier. In the evening, shift to Srinagar.
Much-awaited night stay in a deluxe houseboat is here. Come, get submerged in the royalty of this wooden boat; sleep off with the best ending to this Kashmir trip.
Travel Not Included
Stay Not Included
After breakfast, you can set out to the airport as per flight timings.
Some things will stick to you as if they never want you to leave. Observe Jhelum; it will run along with you, like the panorama of the Kashmir valley and the glimpses of apple-loaded farms. Vibrant pashmina hanging in shops will try to deflect you towards the main town as you go. But it is a trip after all; it has to end. As much as we want you not to go, we will let you depart with hundreds of memories and views of the crown of India.
Here, at Plan the Unplanned, we focus on two aspects of travel: exploring nature and making meaningful connections. You will start as strangers but leave with dewy eyes by the end. We would love to see you again—Check out our other itineraries and ring us soon. It would be a pleasure to see you again. Till then, take care and love life.
How to Depart from Srinagar
Srinagar is the summer capital between May and October. It is connected to different parts of India via rail, road and air. Please note that you must bear all expenses related to your travel from Srinagar to your home.
By Air: Sheikh ul Alam Airport or Srinagar Airport, is an international airport. It is well-connected, and airlines offer regular flights from Srinagar to Delhi, Mumbai and Chandigarh. The airport is just 15 km away from the centre of the city.
By Rail: To depart from Srinagar by train, one must go to Jammu Tawi or Udhampur railway station. The stations are well connected with different parts of India.
By Road: By road, you can depart from Srinagar to major cities like Delhi (876 km), Chandigarh (646 km), Leh (424 km) and Jammu (258 km). There is good bus service and cab service available.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Private Cab
- Pick up and drop at Srinagar airport
- All Transfers to Srinagar GULMARG Pahalgam included
- Srinagar complete Sightseeing including Mughal Gardens, Historic Places, Monuments, Shankaracharya Temple, Dal Lake
- Hotel and Houseboat stay
- Meals Breakfast and Dinner
- All Driver and toll expenses
- Gondola tickets
- Any Horse ride
- Cab charges to Aru Valley Betab Valley Chandanwari which are 13 kms each away from Pahalgam
- Air tickets
- Paragliding ticket
- Garden tickets
- Anything which is not mentioned in the inclusion
- Beverages on all days
- Personal Expenses
- Insurance, including travel, health, and more.
- Additional expenses added to unforeseen circumstances such as cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/strike or any other natural causes would not be covered.
- We would not be liable for theft/misplaced items.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking shoes: Carry Trekking shoes with good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be a lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
- Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
- Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woolen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
- Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woolen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from the rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
- Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID or Passport and Photos
- Day Pack ( Small Bag of 10 liters to carry necessary stuff for the day )
- Dry Bags
- Toiletries as required
- We encourage fellow travelers to be Backpackers and avoid carrying Suitcase and Trolleys
Policy and Terms
- Here’s the cancellation policy for Himalayan Treks/Backpacking Trips/Road Trips
- If you cancel before 30 days – 90% of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 20 -30 days – 75% % of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 15-19 days – 50% will be refunded
- If you cancel between 7-14 days – 25 % amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 0- 7 days before the departure date – No amount would be refunded.
Note: For All The Above Refund Cases Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be dedcuted from the overall amount and balance amount shall be refunded. You can transfer your ticket to anyone so that you could save your hard earned money
For other trips and travels with us, and detailed terms and conditions check the following link : https://www.plantheunplanned.com/refund-cancellation-policy