Kerala post monsoon long tour
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 4 Days 4 Nights 90.0hrs
- 20 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 16+ years
- Best Season - Monsoon (Aug, Sept, Oct)
Known for its evergreen tea plantations, the hills of Munnar with their rolling beauty and charm can cast a magical spell on the visitors! While most of the hills are adorned with tea plantations, some are enchanted by mesmerising waterfalls, lush vegetation and lot more .
Also . Virgin forests, savannah, rolling hills, scenic valleys, numerous streams, huge splashy waterfalls, sprawling tea plantations and winding walkways are all part of the great holiday experience on offer for a traveler to Munnar. Munnar is also known for Neelakurinji, a rare plant which flowers only once in twelve years.
Certainly! Here's a list of popular places to visit in Munnar, Kerala, India:
1. **Tea Gardens**: Explore the lush tea plantations and visit the Tata Tea Museum to learn about tea processing.
2. **Anamudi Peak**: The highest peak in South India, known for trekking and panoramic views.
3. **Eravikulam National Park**: Home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr, offering wildlife sightings and trekking.
4. **Mattupetty Dam**: A scenic reservoir with boating options and beautiful surroundings.
5. **Attukal Waterfalls**: A picturesque waterfall surrounded by dense forests.
6. **Pothamedu Viewpoint**: Offers stunning panoramic views of tea, coffee, and cardamom plantations.
7. **Top Station**: Known for its breathtaking views and the rare Neelakurinji flowers.
8. **Kundala Lake**: Enjoy a boat ride in this serene lake.
9. **Rose Gardens**: Visit Blossom Hydel Park for a variety of flowers and well-maintained gardens.
10. **Anayirankal Dam**: Experience boating and elephant rides in a scenic setting.
11. **Marayoor**: Known for sandalwood forests and ancient dolmens.
12. **Spice Plantations**: Explore spice gardens to learn about and purchase Kerala's aromatic spices.
13. **Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary**: A bit farther from Munnar but great for wildlife enthusiasts.
14. **Carmelagiri Elephant Park**: Interact with elephants and learn about their conservation.
15. **Lockhart Gap**: A tranquil spot with a viewpoint offering stunning valley views.
16. **Nyayamakad Waterfalls**: A serene waterfall surrounded by tea plantations.
17. **Devikulam**: A peaceful hill station known for its cool climate and Sita Devi Lake.
18. **Lakkam Waterfalls**: Enjoy the beauty of cascading water in a lush green setting.
19. **Tea Tasting**: Visit local tea factories for a tea-tasting experience.
20. **Kolukkumalai Tea Estate**: Known for its high-altitude tea plantations and breathtaking sunrise views.
Munnar's natural beauty, cool climate, and various attractions make it a popular destination for tourists seeking a tranquil and scenic getaway in the Western Ghats of Kerala.
Who should attend?
Any solo travellers
- Adventure enthusiasts
- Vacation seekers
Push back seats
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
Overnight journey to Munnar via Theni
Morning: Arrive in Munnar from your starting point (e.g., Bangalore) by road. Check in to your accommodation.
View of tea plantation
Kolukkumalai Tea Estate: Explore Kolukkumalai, take a guided tour of the tea factory, and savor freshly brewed tea while enjoying breathtaking views of the Western Ghats.
• Lunch: Have lunch at a nearby restaurant or pack a picnic.
Aanayirangal dam :
The dam is surrounded by lush green tea plantations, dense forests, and the stunning backdrop of the Western Ghats. It’s known for its breathtaking natural beauty.
Elephant Sightings: Anayirankal is famous for its elephant herds, and you may have the opportunity to see wild elephants in their natural habitat around the reservoir.
Boat Rides: Visitors can enjoy boat rides on the reservoir, which is a popular activity. It’s a great way to take in the scenic views and relax in the tranquil surroundings.
Flora and Fauna: The area around Anayirankal Dam is rich in biodiversity, and you can spot various species of birds and other wildlife.
Sunset trek to Phantom hills :
Phantom Hills is a hidden gem in the Munnar region, offering a peaceful escape into nature and the opportunity to explore the scenic Western Ghats
Location: Phantom Hills is situated in the Suryanelli region, which is about 20 kilometers away from Munnar town in Kerala’s Western Ghats.
Scenic Beauty: Phantom Hills is known for its stunning natural beauty, including lush green forests, rolling hills, and panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes. It’s a tranquil and less crowded alternative to some of Munnar’s more popular attractions.
Trekking: The area around Phantom Hills offers excellent trekking opportunities, making it a preferred destination for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers. Trekking trails lead you through dense forests and provide opportunities to explore the region’s biodiversity.
Off-the-Beaten-Path: Due to its off-the-beaten-path location, Phantom Hills provides a quieter and more serene experience compared to some of the more touristy spots in Munnar.
Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Phantom Hills is during the months of September to March when the weather is pleasant, and the natural beauty is at its peak.
Our stay will be in between distance to all these places
• Pre-Dawn: Wake up very early, typically around 3:30 AM, to prepare for the sunrise safari. Wear warm clothing as it can get quite cold at that hour.
• Start of Safari: The jeep safari operators will pick you up from your accommodation. The drive to Kolukkumalai from Munnar can take about 1.5 to 2 hours through scenic but rugged terrain.
• Jeep Safari: Enjoy the thrilling jeep ride as you ascend to Kolukkumalai Tea Estate. The route offers breathtaking views of the Western Ghats and valleys below.
• Sunrise at Kolukkumalai: Arrive at Kolukkumalai Tea Estate before sunrise. Find a comfortable spot to witness the magical sunrise over the tea plantations. The view is truly spectacular and worth the early wake-up call.
• Tea Factory Visit: After the sunrise, you can visit the century-old tea factory at Kolukkumalai, where you’ll learn about tea processing.
• Breakfast: Enjoy a light breakfast or snacks at the tea estate.
• Explore Mattupetty Dam, where you can take a boat ride on the reservoir and enjoy the scenic views.
• Optionally, visit the nearby Echo Point and scream to hear your voice echo back.
• Head to Kundala Lake and take a leisurely walk around the beautiful lake.
• Return to your accommodation and spend your last evening in Munnar at your leisure.
Stay Not Included
Wake up and have breakfast in the Accomondation.
Trek to Chaturangappara.
The viewpoint provides breathtaking views of the rolling hills, tea plantations, and mist-covered valleys typical of the Munnar region. It’s a great spot for photography and enjoying the serene beauty of nature.
Chaturangapara is a lovely place to take in the natural beauty of the Munnar region and enjoy some peaceful moments surrounded by the hills and tea plantations
Check out and
Visit Eravikulam National Park, home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr. Enjoy the natural beauty and wildlife.
Reach Bangalore by 11pm
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Bunch of travel enthusiasts started this curation in 2020 , in a unique way to host the people especially with offbeat treks and special campings . by the now with good feedbacks , We are the fastest growing trek community in Karnataka
Had been to Uttarakannada expedition with them. Even though there were around 100 people,they made sure that not more than 20 people of their team were at specific location. They even contacted the other trekking groups in that areas and informed them of our time of arrival so that there won’t be any clashes.hats off to their planning. Coming to the locations, it was dreamy, still can’t believe that I have visited these places. The trek leads , the people i met , the local food…it was a bundle of joy
The best and the best travel company whom I have known so far in Bangalore. They are very good and kind hearted people.
Especially their Uttara kannada expedition package is one of the best you will see. If you are nature lover and loves to explore hidden places in uttara kannada please get touch with them, they are the best in the business.
I have been travelling with them since last one year and there is not even a single bad experience especially in Karnataka.
When they say come as a guest go as a friend they really meant it.
These people has my heart ❤️
I recently went for uttarakannada expedition which happened from Aug12th to Aug15th..
1. There are total 100+ people & organized in very nice way
I feel it's very difficult to satisfy everyone but this is done by organizer.hats off to him for this
2. No compromise on food & Stay. All home stays are too good
3. Uniqueness of this organizer is hidden water falls. You will feel the village life
4. If someone really looking for worthable trip we can go with this without second thought.
5. Many people cried while going back to homes from trip.
Personally felt the amount charged for this trip is very less by comparing the facilities provided by him.
Glad to be part of this.
Looking for many more trips with this team going forward
Thanks alot to the trip Margadasak team & keep doing the same
Comfort able and hygienic vehicle (Tempo Traveler for Group Departures ) for sightseeing on all days as per the itinerary.
02 Dinner and 03 breakfast
Expert Guide Sightseeing as per itinerary Accommodation in properties
- All day lunches
- All entry fees to the spots
Medical insurance and Accidental insurance
THINGS TO CARRY
D proof (Adhar or any other Gov. ID)
Reusable water boles at least 2 liters Cloths for two days and an extra set of clothes. Sunscreen and sunglasses Cap/hat Toiletries:
– Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, soap, sanitizer, (Note: tissue paper is not allowed to carry for the trek), etc. Juice packs, Glucon-D, and Energy bars, etc. A Polybag to carry your wet clothes and shoes back to Bangalore. Personal medication if any. Mosquito repellent cream. Leach repellents like body spray, De ol, etc. A torch with new ba eries Camera (optional). Long socks. Good trekking shoes Sandals Power Bank to keep your mobiles charge
Majestic , Shantala silks
Jayanagar 4th block bus stand
HOW TO REACH
Our representative will pick up from mentioned points as per the timings .
Overnight journey to Munnar from Bangalore and reaching by next morning 7:30am approx
Policy and Terms
If cancellation are made 15 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees Help desk : 7348978357 Aakash | 8105731487 Niranjan | 7348978357
Terms and Conditions
- Avoid Interacting with strangers .
- For the group budget trips , Don't expect luxurious service - This will be purely bachelors trip with all good facilities also in the best itinerary .
- Group booking discount not available.
- Stay properties will be best in the region with all activities and serene view around