Kudremukh New Year Trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Adventure And Sports
- Events In Bangalore
- Events In Hyderabad
- Hobby Trips
- Local Treks
- Weekend Getaways
All About It
- 2 Days 2 Nights
- 25 Slots
- Difficulty - Moderate Hard
- For 10+ years
Kudremukha rolls down into the valley as clouds shroud mountains, forests, dozens of waterfalls, bamboo shrubs and grasslands. It is called the Himalayas of the south for many reasons: The scenery keeps changing on the trek; It is the third-highest peak after Mullayanagiri and Baba Budangiri. A trekker’s experience in Kudremukha is a homecoming feeling.
Very few people know that the Western Ghats are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll cross several cascading waterfalls, narrow streams, and thick forests with a variety of trees, and the whistling of birds will keep you entertained throughout. And finally, when you reach the peak, the picturesque view from the top and the pushing wind will blow you out for a few minutes until you regain balance to feel the enchanting magic of the place.
On 31 January, spend the last day of 2023 on the Hanging Bridge and Kodige Falls.
Many ups and downs came in 2023; let us welcome 2024 with enhanced zeal and surprises. For a quick check of mental strength and physical prowess, this has-it-all Kudremukha Trek can be a great start for your New Year 2024. Join us in this carnival and take only positivity back with you. Go through the entire itinerary and book your slot at the earliest.
Kudremukh Trek Highlights
- Trek into the Western Ghats, filled with cascading waterfalls, narrow streams, thick forests, and whistling birds, to get a beautiful scenic view at the peak.
- Hop on an adventurous jeep ride to the base of the trek.
- Practise the art of balancing on a Hanging bridge.
- Take a refreshing dip at Kodige Falls.
- Experience local cuisine at the beautiful Bella Homestay.
- Dance/Learn/Sing/Promise. Have a blasting opening into 2024.
- The new year 2024 musical night and bonfire with new friends.
- Depart from Bangalore starting at 6:00 PM (approx)
- Freshen up and finish breakfast by 6:45 AM ( approx )
- Take a jeep ride to the trek base from homestay (30-40 minutes)
- Start the trek by around 7:30 AM (approx)
- Lunch at the peak
- Descend and reach back the base by 5:30 PM (tentative)
- Cake, light up sky lanterns
- Freshen up and breakfast
- Visit Hanging Bridge
- Visit Kodige Falls
- En-route stop for lunch (self-sponsored)
- Reach Bangalore by 10:30 PM (approx)
- On certain days, if there is a heavy crowd on the Kudremukh Trek Trail, expect a few delays in the trek start time or reaching the summit.
Non-AC Push Back Seats Vehicle
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Included
We begin our journey from Bangalore in the late evening after picking up trek participants from various pick-up locations. We will be covering a distance of 300 km overnight, aiming to reach on time; hence, all travellers are expected to have a light dinner before boarding. As we hit the road, the trek leads will summarise the trek and then get you acquainted with your fellow travellers through the signature Plan The Unplanned Intro Session. By dawn, you will feel at home with your fellow travellers.
After an early grab and quick freshening, everyone gears up for a bumpy jeep ride to the Kudremukh Trek Base. The ride is adventurous as one crosses coffee plantations and muddy roads with waterfalls and streams.
The trek to Kudremukh starts at the Forest Department Office. Our trek leaders shall now brief you about the entire Kudremukh Trail and specific tips on ascending and descending. At the beginning itself, after a few minutes of walking, there will be a stream crossing, a slight ascent on a muddy path surrounded by ferns, several shrubs, and lush green grass. This continues for around 1 to 1.5 km, and then there comes an elevated plain and a stand-alone tree called Ontimara (Lonely Tree), our first milestone.
On the left of Ontimara, the trail becomes flat for some time; on the right, one can see the Kudremukh valley and Somvati river flowing below. The track soon converts into a forest trail. It is a fantastic feeling to trek through dense forests with open meadows in between.
Kudremukh peak becomes visible after some point. Amidst the open fields, after further walking, there are boards by the Forest Department Office stating the distance and direction of the trail.
After another dense patch of trees is another stream of water, the last water source before the peak. After the stream crossing, there is a steep ascent. After further ascending, you reach the second Ontimara.
From the Ontimara, the view on the right is enthralling, rolling, vibrant green hills full of energy. After the Ontimara, the trail is a mix of narrow paths between dense forests, bamboo shrubs, and steep ascents.
The whole of Kudremukh valley opens up after some point. The structure of the mountain and its resemblance to the horse can be understood and seen from here. The leftmost part of the mountain resembles face of a horse, the front portion looks like the stomach, and the top showcases the back of a horse. We will now climb the “horse’s back” part of the mountain, which is steep and zig-zag.
Wait sometime there to see the hills and clouds play peek-a-boo. After some time, start descending, capturing and soaking in as much as possible. Leech bites, heavy rains, gusty winds, nothing can stop you from conquering the peak.
Come back on the same path, covering the same route.
Further, after a bumpy jeep ride, find a home at Bella Homestay. Some piping hot dinner will be waiting for you as you freshen up after a long 22 km trek. Have this with memories of 2023 come riding to you. We'll later light up sky lanterns and cut cake for a peaceful welcome to the new year 2024.
Stay Not Applicable
Wake up, freshen up, grab breakfast, and put on your best clothes – this is the last day of 2023. Today is going to be laid back. We will spend some hours on the Hanging Bridge and Kodige Falls and plan on returning to Bangalore by 2 pm. We will reach Bangalore by approximately 11 pm.
Although it feels like drifting apart when we get hold of each other, we have to do it anyway because of LIFE. Going on casual breaks is necessary, and for Indians like you, trekking and festivals give you a boost. We are sure you have been waiting for this for the whole year. In the jolly environment, bid each other a heavy goodbye with a promise to meet each other again.
After this trip, you will have seen the lovely Karnataka - One State Many Worlds, made wonderful friends for your next trek and taken amazing images to reflect on and remember the good times.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Accommodation in Homestay on multiple sharing basis ( separate for men & women
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, High Tea, and Snack
- To and fro Transport from Bangalore ( Non A/c )
- Karnataka Forest Department Entry Fee
- Jeep Ride to Base Camp ( to and fro )
- New Year Cake Celebrations & Light Music
- Local Guide & Outdoor Leader from Plan The Unplanned
- Experience that you gain
- Any kind of personal expense
- Any meals not included above
- Any kind of insurance (health, medical, life accidental, etc )
- Anything not included above
THINGS TO CARRY
- Soft Copy of Aadhar ID/ License/Voter ID for obtaining forest permits)
- Face Mask & Hand Sanitizer
- Lunch box ( Mandatory )
- 2 water bottles – 1 liter each (Hydration is a necessity)
- Raincoat (To protect yourself from the rains)
- A comfortable pair of sports/trekking shoes with a good grip.
- Flip-flops (To laze around the homestay)
- Dry Bags ( to stuff your wet clothes )
- Small Rucksack (to stuff your essentials for the trek)
- Sunscreen and a hat/cap.
- Power Bank
- Sufficient Cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- I have booked the trek when will I get further updates regarding the trek?
Well, most of our treks are usually confirmed by Thursday and you would receive a BON VOYAGE mail that would contain details regarding Pickup Points ( Location and Timings ), Outdoor Leader ( Point of Contact ) ’s, and Don’ts.
- Would I be added to a WhatsApp Group once the trek is confirmed?
Yes, the Bon Voyage mail would contain a link for Whatsapp Group through which one can join and interact with fellow travelers and outdoor leaders.
- Do I have any other boarding points apart from the ones mentioned?
Yes, we do have options for picking a traveler on board with a few locations provided they are on the route to our destination. The following are the same:
- Croma Store, Sony World Signal
- Trinity Circle Metro Station
- Yeshwanthpur Metro Station
- Goraguntepalya Metro Station
- Do I have to carry luggage all the way during trekking?
Not at all. You could keep all the extra luggage back at the campsite/homestay and carry only the necessary stuff for the trek ( Raincoats, Torchlight, Waterbottle, lunchbox, and your valuables)
- What is the "Without Travel" option during my booking process?
Well, if you select this option, all the travel arrangements for your entire itinerary must be managed by yourself, and Plan the Unplanned crew will not be managing anything related to your travel. We recommend you come via car for a smooth travel experience to, from, and within the destination.
For better clarification call us at 9482070194, 8147086083
- Is the trek safe for Women/Girls?
Yes, it’s much safe and sound. We have been organizing these treks over the years now and we always have had an equal ratio or sometimes we have women in the majority. We also have female outdoor leaders who are on board and lead the other trekking enthusiast. We have made sure our homestay/tent accommodation is separate for men and women.
- Would I be able to postpone to the future in case I do not attend the trek on the day of departure?
We are extremely sorry, you cannot postpone to any future date in case you fail to attend the trek on the mentioned date for any reasons whatsoever ( family/health/work emergencies ). You can write to us at [email protected] as regards and our team will get in touch with you on the same
- What is the Cancellation Policy?
In the event that YOU cancel your trek, this is the cancellation policy we follow:
Intimation Period* Cancellation Fee** 10 days or more 15% of the total invoice value Between 5-10 days 50% of the total invoice value Between 0- 5 days 100 % of the total invoice value
- *Intimation Period means the number of days before the tour is scheduled to start
- **Cancellation Fee is the amount of money that will be deducted from the total billing amount before offering the refund.
NOTE:We shall not accept any reasons whatsoever for the cancellation, we request everyone to abide by the policy. There shall be no transfer of dates possible for any reason if you cannot make it to the event once the booking is confirmed. The tickets are transferrable to any person, in case you cannot attend the event.
If Plan The Unplanned cancels the trek due to limited/no bookings for the trek, we shall offer a full refund and the same shall be credited to the original mode of payment within 7 days from the date of initiation of refund.
For a detailed cancellation policy check here New Year Cancellation Policy