- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 4 Days 3 Nights
- 50 Slots
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April)
Who should attend?
The town of Mcleodganj, Himachal Pradesh is famous especially and foremostly for being a spiritual getaway and pilgrimage for the Buddhists. The reason behind that is it is home to the 14th Dalai Lama of the Buddhists, Lama Tenzin Gyatso, who came here in the year of 1960 after his exile from Tibet. And Bir Billing is a place which is splurged with monasteries displaying the Tibetan culture and its influence on the place and its people. This will be your perfect getaway to some serene beauty.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Included
- Departure in the evening.
- The group will assemble at the pickup point.
- Afterward, you'll get a small briefing from the Trip Leader(s)
- Halt for dinner in between(not on us).
Majnu Ka Tila
- After reaching Mcleodganj, Hotel check-in.
- Freshen up. After some rest, go and explore the Mcleodganj flea market.
- Visit Bhagsu waterfall, Dalai Lama Monastery, and cafes.
- Back to the hotel.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Dalai Lama Monastery
- Have your breakfast at the hotel.
- Departure to Bir. En route, we will visit Dharamshala HPCA Stadium.
- Reach Bir in the evening. Alpine camp check-in.
- Explore Bir local flea market in the evening.
- Enjoy a bonfire with some light music. Dinner and overnight stay at bir.
Dharamshala HPCA Stadium
- Wake up early and have your breakfast at the hotel.
- Then leave for paragliding you will be headed towards Billing Paragliding take-off sight ( Paragliding cost extra).
- Billing – Bir via paragliding, take off from Billing and land in Bir.
- This daring ride will take around 15 – 30 minutes.
- Subsequent to arriving in Bir appreciate some delightful views.
- Later departure in the evening. Overnight journey to your destination.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Included
Reach at Delhi by early morning
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
Next Upcoming On
Friday - March 24, 2023
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
- Accommodation (1N stay at Mcleodganj in hotel + 1N stay at camps in Bir)
- 4 meals (2 Breakfast & 2 Dinner)
- Transfer to/from in ac deluxe bus Mcleodganj/Dharamshala sightseeing
- Bir Billing sightseeing
- All taxes
- Any other Food and Beverage charge that is not included in the package.
- Paragliding charges
- Any other expense not included in the inclusion column. Any other costing involved due to natural calamity forced circumstances which are out of our control
- Any entry tickets to the viewpoints.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Wearing layers is the mantra in the mountains. Layers give you maximum protection from all elements. You will need at least 5 warm layers (Insulin layers). You will need at least 1 pair of inner thermals, 2 light fleece layers, 1 light sweater, and 1 padded jacket. Ensure your padded jacket has a hood as well. A minimum of one pair and a maximum of two pairs of trek pants should suffice for this trek. Wear one pair and carry one just in case it rains/snows. Trek pants with zippered cut offs at the thighs are very suitable for treks. Also, choose quick-dry pants over cotton
Sunglasses - Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. A small overexposure to direct sunlight on snow can lead to snow blindness (about a half hour’s exposure). That’s because fallen snow is like thousands of mirrors that reflect direct UV rays. So you need sunglasses with UV protection.
Buying Tip: Try getting sunglasses that wrap around instead of those that have openings on the side. Even peripheral UV ray exposure is not a good idea.
2. Sun Cap
3. Synthetic Hand Gloves - Get synthetic hand gloves that have waterproofing on the outside and a padded lining on the inside. If you find the combination difficult to get (not likely), wear a tight-fitting fleece hand glove inside a synthetic hand glove. Hand gloves are mandatory on this trek.
4. Woollen Cap - a woollen head cap that covers your head and ears is absolutely essential.
5. Socks - Apart from three to four pairs of sports socks, take a pair of woolen socks. Sports socks give you cushioning plus warmth. Again the mantra is to wear synthetic socks or at least a synthetic blend. Cotton socks soak in water and sweat. They are very hard to dry. As for woolen socks, they help you to keep warm and snug in the night. If you cannot get woolen socks, wearing two sports socks serves the purpose as well.
7. Thermos for water
8. Medication (As per medical conditions if any and is subscribed by a doctor)
9.Extra cover for your electronic gear items/Valuables.
10. Quick Dry Towel/Towel
12. A tiffin box with a spoon for packed lunch, we try reduced usage of plastic/paper as much as possible
13. Poncho/Rain Cover
14. Do not leave plastic wrappers(chips,chocolates etc) behind while on Trek and yes! don't forget your "Mask" of course!
MAJNU KA TILA , Nirmal Hariday Church
HOW TO REACH
By train: The nearest railway station is at New Delhi Station. From there you can hire a cab to Majnu Ka Tila. Your trip to Manali starts from here.
By road: Hire a cab or you can ride any vehicle to Majnu Ka Tila. From here we will pick you up for your entralling journey ahead.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, hire a cab to reach Majnu Ka Tila. Your trip to Manali starts from here.
Policy and Terms
- The advance amount is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Full Payment of the trip cost must be made before the trip begins. Pending Payments may eventually lead to the cancellation of the trip.
- The IDs will be verified before boarding. No boarding shall be entertained without a valid Govt. ID.
- The transfer of the bookings is not permitted. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation shall be allowed to travel.
- No refunds shall be made towards any inclusion(s) not availed by the Client.
- Travelers must take care of their luggage & belongings. The management shall not be accountable for missing items along the tour.
- The time of departure is stated & fixed. All travelers must update their status with the Trip Coordinator(s), & report at the pickup point 30 mins prior to the scheduled departure.
- The Air Conditioning will be switched off in the hills. Also, during the trip, it shall be the driver’s discretion to put off the AC as & when required, considering the traveler's safety & ease of travel along uneven & dangerous routes.
Terms and Conditions
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24 hours prior to Departure.
Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 10 am.
- Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
- If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
- The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
- Travelmite shall not be responsible for any delays or alterations in the program or indirectly incurred expenses in cases such as natural hazards, accidents, breakdown of machinery, weather conditions, landslides, political closure, or any untoward incidents.
- We do not provide any insurance policy to cover the expenditure on sickness or accidents or losses incurred due to theft or other reasons.
- Numerous factors such as weather and road conditions the physical ability of participants etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general well-being!
What is special about Mcleodganj?
Popular for being the sanctuary of The Dalai Lama, the Tsug la Khang is the core essence of Mcleodganj. It comprises the Namgyal Monastery and also several shrine rooms in its compound. There are statues of Buddha, Chenrezig and Guru Rinpoche in these shrines.
Which month is best for Mcleodganj?
March to June is the season of summers when the temperature ranges from 22°C to 38°C.
Which peak is visible from Mcleodganj?
Dhauladhar peak from Mcleodganj.
How far is dalai lama temple from mcleodganj?
At a distance of 2 km from McLeod Ganj Bus Stand and 4 km from Dharamshala, Tsuglagkhang Monastery is the most important Buddhist Monastery situated in McLeod Ganj suburb of Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. Tsuglag Khang, also known as Dalai Lama's Temple complex, is the home for His Holiness Dalai Lama.
What is special about Bir Billing?
Bir is a village located in the west of Joginder Nagar Valley in the state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India. Mostly referred as “Paragliding Capital of India”, Bir is also a noted centre for ecotourism, spiritual studies and meditation.
What is the weight limit for Bir Billing?
There is a weight limit for paragliding in Bir Billing and the criteria is that you have to weigh between 15 kgs to 95 kgs.
What is the distance between Bir and Billing?
The 14 km distance from Bir to Billing is actually a road hew out of the rock face in 1962. The distance can only be covered either by foot or a jeep.
How long is paragliding in Bir Billing?
Paragliding is open in Bir Billing along with other adventure activities. Flight time of Paragliding is 15 to 20 minutes. Climate is cold, with temperatures from 5 to 25 degrees centigrade in winter and 25 to 30 centigrade in the summer season. Launch site of paragliding at 8020 feet from sea level.
What is the best time to do paragliding?
Generally, any time of the day is a good time to fly. Nevertheless, we recommend starting in the morning. The best time of the day to fly during autumn and winter would be between 10:30 am. and 17:00 pm.
Is there snowfall in Bir Billing?
Bir Billing is located at the altitude of 5000 feets (Bir) and 8000 feets (Billing) from sea level. Bir experience very low snowfall and Billing experience heavy snow fall sometime 3-4 feet snow fall happens. And trek beyond Billing can also experience very heavy snowfall.
Things to do in Bir Billing?
Paragliding, Camping, Trekking, Hang Gliding, Mountain Biking, Shopping at Bir Bazaar, Walking by Bir River, Travelling by Toy Train, Visiting Bangoru Waterfall, Deer Park Institute, Experience Spa With Arya Marga, Explore the Cafes of Bir, Worship at Chokling Monastery and many more.
How high is Dharamshala stadium?
Located at a height of 1,457 masl amidst the Dhauladhar mountain range in Kangra valley, it is one of the highest sports grounds in the world.
What is the size of Dharamshala cricket ground?
Dharamshala stadium boundary length is 70 yards on all sides. Midwicket to Midwicket length at the Dharamshala stadium is 140 yards. Sightscreen to sightscreen length is 120 yards.
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can I get a room to myself?
Yes. Depending on availability. For pricing information on the single occupancy accommodation, kindly contact us on 8010000205.
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.
More From TravelMite
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]