Meghalaya Backpacking with Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Leisure And Travel
- Local Treks
- Travel & Work
All About It
- 6 Days 5 Nights
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April) Monsoon (Aug, Sept, Oct)
Meghalaya, the abode of clouds is a state in North-East India. This state is the wettest region of India and 70% of the state is forested. Naturally, the state has mesmerizing waterfalls, pitch dark caves, sacred jungles, several lakes, high hills, and valleys. Three main tribes namely the Khasi, Pnar, and Garo for the inhabitants of Meghalaya and are known to be friendly people who speak good English as it is their official language. It is a famous tourist destination among couples who want a romantic getaway or adventure seekers for seductive and dangerous trails.
There will be a brief introduction by the trip captain at the designated meeting spot in Guwahati at 10:30 a.m
Our next stop is the picturesque hill station of Shillong, located in the middle of Meghalaya. Because of its unparalleled beauty, it is often referred to as the “Scotland of the East.
When we get to Shillong, we’ll settle into our lodgings and take it easy for a while. We’ll spend the evening cafe hopping and perusing the wares at Shillong’s local market. Staying in Shillong for the night
In Guwahati, bikes would be distributed to the riders.
We will depart for Dawki after an early breakfast; this town is well-known for the gorgeous turquoise Dawki River, which flows as smooth as glass
Along the way, we’d stop at the stunning Krang Shuri waterfall, one of the most stunning natural sights in all of Meghalaya. We’ll also check the Laitlum Canyons, an excellent viewpoint across the Meghalayan valleys
We will set our tent beside the Dawki River in the tranquil village of Shnongpdeng, which is just outside Dawki proper. There will be a bonfire later on tonight
After dinner, we set up camp at Shnongpdeng for the night.
After a hearty breakfast, we plan on spending the day indulging in a variety of water-based thrills, including cliff-jumping, boating, and snorkelling in the glistening river
We’ll then continue on to Cherrapunji, a town famous for its live root bridges and the torrential rains it receives annually
We’ll be crossing the Indo-Bangla border en route to Mawlynnong, the cleanest village in India, which looks like a large orchard with green canopies stretching across the landscape. Incredible panoramas of the Bangladeshi plains may be seen from the village as well
When we get to Cherrapunji, we’ll head to our accommodation for the night.
The Seven Sisters Falls is a stunning waterfall with seven distinct drops that cascades over a rocky precipice. After that, we’ll go see the Mawsmai Caves, which are a major attraction in Cherrapunji. The limestone caves are adorned with breathtaking stalactites, adding to their otherworldly allure
We’ll start our journey to the famous Double Decker Living Roots Bridge by heading towards the village of Nongriat. There’s a rushing river, a swarm of beautiful butterflies, and some beautiful woodlands along the way
After that, we’ll return to the inn. Staying at Cherrapunji for the night.
We’ll be leaving our accommodation in the morning after a quick breakfast and making our way to Shillong
hour first stop along the way will be at the Nohkalikai waterfall, which at 1,115 feet is the highest plunge waterfall in all of Meghalaya. Wei Swadong, one of the most stunning waterfalls in all of Meghalaya, with three distinct drops
We will be spending the night at a hotel after we arrive in Shillong.
Soon after breakfast, we’ll be leaving the hotel and returning to Guwahati. On the way, we’d stop by Umiam Lake, one of the largest man-made lakes in Meghalaya and a famous tourist destination
After arriving in Guwahati, the group members will disperse and return to their home towns at their own predetermined times
The tour has come to an end
Consult with your handler and schedule your return flight for today.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
- Pickup and dropoff at fixed times.
- Local sightseeing transportation with Tempo Traveler from Guwahati to Guwahati.
- Bike Rental and Gasoline from Guwahati.
- Knee protectors, elbow protectors, and a helmet are required riding gear.
- Due to comfort and safety concerns, we urge that all riders bring their own helmets. Due to the fact that the helmets we provide are of a common size, there may be size variations.
- Hotel accommodations for two nights in Shillong and Cherrapunji, respectively. One night's camping accommodations in Shnongpdeng.
- Dietary plan: CP (Only served for breakfast in Shillong and Cherrapunji) (Dinner and Breakfast in Shnongpdeng.)
- Medical and Mechanical Assistance
- Backup Vehicle
- Cliff Diving
- The captain will be there during the duration of the excursion.
- Parking and Admission Tickets
- Local Information regarding the Double Decker Bridge
- First Aid kits.
- Driver Compensations
- 5% GST
- Check in early at the hotel.
- Any additional personal expenditures.
- Additional lodging and meal expenses were incurred owing to a flight delay.
- Cost Of Any Replacement Part Needed Due To Accidental Damage To The Motorcycle While In Rider's Possession.
- Cost Incurred To Transport Or Tow The Motorcycle If It Is Lost Along The Route.
- Cost Of Vehicle Service Or Maintenance.
- Any lunch and additional meals not included in the inclusions section.
- Any transportation from Guwahati to Guwahati, other than what is included in "Inclusions."
- Parking and monument entrance costs are incurred during sightseeing.
- Expenses incurred as a result of flight cancellations, landslides, roadblocks, and other natural disasters.
- Cost of vehicle servicing or maintenance and security deposit of Rs. 5,000 per motorcycle. According to the deposit policy (This is refundable at the end of the trip if there is no damage or spare parts used.)
- Other services not covered in the inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY
We request you to kindly carry the following. It’s better to be prepared rather than not prepared.
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- Small Back Pack(20-30 ltr)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Hydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water.)
OPTIONAL: AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, GUITAR/ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT, or any other games.
Policy and Terms
Here's the cancellation policy for Himalayan Treks/Backpacking Trips/Road Trips
- If you cancel before 30 days - 90% of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 20 -30 days - 75% % of amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 15-19 days - 50% will be refunded
- If you cancel between 7-14 days - 25 % amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 0- 7 days before the departure date - No amount would be refunded.
- *Intimation Period means the number of days before the tour is scheduled to start
- **Cancellation Fee is the amount of money that will be deducted from the total billing amount before offering the refund.
- Refund/Cancellation requests are accepted only by email at [email protected] and not via call or Whatsapp.
Note: For All The Above Refund Cases Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be dedcuted from the overall amount and balance amount shall be refunded. You can transfer your ticket to anyone so that you could save your hard earned money
For other trips and travels with us, and detailed terms and conditions check the following link : https://www.plantheunplanned.com/refund-cancellation-policy