Munnar Trip with Kolukkumalai & Tea Estate Camping
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 10 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 8+ years
Munnar is one of the popular hill stations of the country which is famous for stunning tea estates and cold climate. It is one of the highest places in southern India along with Nilgiris Ooty and Kodaikanal. Along with tea, many spices are grown at Munnar like cardamom, cinnamon, clove, and a variety of homemade chocolates. As part of this trip, we will stay at a hilltop property, go on a Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari, do an offbeat trek, indulge in adventure sports, explore viewpoints, and do a bit of shopping.
On Day 1, we will check into our hill side camp with a great view of tea estates. After a fulfilling breakfast, we will go for couple of adventure activities like Kayaking or/and Ziplining amidst tea estates.
After a Kerala-style Lunch, we will relax briefly at the Camp before wrapping up the evening with an easy trek amidst the endless tea estates to the extremely pretty and serene “Phantom Hills“. It takes around 2-3 hours of a hike from the stay. The views are fascinating and if lucky, we can get to experience a peaceful sunset. And as usual, we will socialize in the evening around the bonfire before and after dinner.
On Day 2 we will go for Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari (5 AM slot or 9 AM slot depending on availability). After taking a pit stop at the beautiful Lockhart viewpoint and clicking some selfies, we will visit one of the best hang-out places in Munnar – Tea Tales Café for a light lunch. Mattupetty Dam which is among the largest in the country to produce hydroelectricity is the next stop. Apart from enchanting views of the reservoir, one can indulge in Paddle boating, Horse riding, and some shopping at this happening place in Munnar.
After a bit of shopping, we are all set for the long return journey to Bangalore with beautiful memories of Munnar hill station.
- Hilltop Tea Estate camp
- Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari
- Kayaking / Ziplining amidst Tea Estates
- Anariyangal Dam viewpoint
- The Phantom Hills Trek (3-4 hours)
- Mattupetty Dam Visit
- Lockhart Viewpoint
- Tea Tales Café
- Authentic Kerala style food
- Campfire with social gathering
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to our Munnar base camp.
- Check into the campsite, freshen up.
- Note: The usual check-in time for Munnar stays is around 12 noon. Hence we will use washrooms for freshen up and put luggage at the common area before going for activities.
- Have a heavy Breakfast with traditional black tea of Munnar.
- Indulge in Kayaking or/and Ziplining and take a relaxing stroll clicking innumerable selfies.
- Note: On a rainy day, Kayaking/Ziplining will be impacted. We cannot help it.
- Come back to the camp, have Lunch – Kerala meals.
- Take a brief rest at the camp.
- Go on a guided trek to the Phantom Hills (1.5 to 2 hours one way) hiking through a panorama of Tea estates. Enjoy a peaceful sunset, if lucky.
- Head back to the camp, refresh with black tea, and gather in front of the common campfire.
- Indulge in group activities, finish hot Dinner.
- Take good rest in the assigned tents.
- Wake up to the sounds of birds and the serenity of mountains.
- Go on a famous Jeep Safari to Kolukkumalai. In most cases we will get 5 AM slot to capture sunrise. Sometimes on a busy weekend we may get 9 AM slot instead.
- Check out of the camp after Breakfast.
- Take a pit stop at beautiful Lockhart view point and click some selfies.
- Visit one of the best hanging out places in Munnar – Tea Tales Café for Lunch.
- Visit Mattupetty Dam that is among the largest in the country to produce hydroelectricity. Apart from enchanting views of reservoir, one can indulge in peddle boating & horse riding at this happening place in Munnar.
- Shopping time. Stop over at nearby market to buy different varieties of tea, spices and goodies to carry back home.
- (Optional, time permits) Have a pit stop at Echo point and immerse ourselves in the beauty of nature before bidding adieu to Munnar.
- Start return journey late in the evening with a Dinner stop en route.
- Reach back Bengaluru early in the morning.
- Share the beautiful & memorable experience of Munnar trip with friends and family.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
At Muddie Trails, we offer offbeat travel experiences like trips and treks to quench your wanderlust. The outdoor activities like backpacking trips, hiking, trekking, adventure, camping, bonfire & road trips are our oxygen. Whether you are looking for awesome weekend trips, your own group trips or corporate outings to beautiful destinations, we are here to help.
- Travel (Pushback, Non AC Tempo), Tolls, Inter State Taxes
- Stay (Tents on 2,3 sharing basis)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg) 1 Dinner (veg and non-veg)
- Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain, common for entire camp)
- Visit to all the places mentioned in Highlights section
- Trip Leader
- Trekking Guide
- Meals not mentioned above
- Adventure activities like Zipline, Kayaking, Boating etc.
- Any entry tickets or misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
THINGS TO CARRY
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight Backpack for the trip (avoid suitcase/trolley)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (based on whether forecast)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Good grip shoes or sandals for trek
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get very cold at night.
- Carry a bit of cash for the meals which are not included and misc. expenses.
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Policy and Terms
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.