Mussoorie Nag Tibba weekend tour
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
Popularly known as ‘The Queen of Hills’, Mussoorie is situated at a soaring altitude of 6,170 feet. It doesn’t just offer the pleasant weather and soothing breezes, but also the stunning mesmerizing views of mighty peaks of the Himalayas. It's an ideal place for those who wish to relax around and spend the weekend sipping on some steaming cups of tea with the panoramic views of the Himalayas.
On this weekend tour, we have been covering Nag Tibba trek. Located at an altitude of 9910 ft and Nag Tibba trek is the highest summit of Garhwal region. On this trail walk through the dense forests of oak and rhendedoron with the breathtaking views of the Garhwal range. This experience is also famous for its sunsets because of the trail directions. Popularly known as the Serpent Peak, the summit offers the mesmerizing views of Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, Kala Nag, and Gangotri from the top, making it perfect to experience the thrill in just a weekend.
Trek to Nag Tibba
Stay at goSTOPS hostel
Who should attend?
Anyone who loves challenge
Anyone who has limits to push
Anyone looking for an adventure
Anyone fit enough for this thrilling experience
Stay Not Included
Meals Not Included
Start your Mussoorie weekend package in the evening from Delhi. Leave from Delhi at night from a predetermined destination.
Meals Not Included
- Upon arrival in Dehradun, transfer to Mussoorie on your own.
- The distance between Dehradun to Mussoorie by road is 33 km.
- The recommended way to reach Mussoorie from Dehradun is by booking a cab to Mussoorie.
- Reach Mussoorie, check into the hostel and freshen up.
- Later get ready to explore the local streets of Mussoorie on your own.
- Back to the hostel after exploring the hill station.
- Overnight stay at goSTOPS Mussoorie.
- Wake up in the morning and after breakfast, transfer to Pantwari- the starting point of the trek.
- Reach Pantwari in the afternoon.
- Freshen up and have lunch at Pantwari.
- Start your trek at around 2 PM to Nag tibba base camp.
- Cover a distance of 4 km and upon arrival at Nag Tibba base camp, get served with hot tea and snacks followed by a lip-smacking dinner.
- Overnight at a campsite in Nag Tibba.
Stay Not Included
- Get up early and have breakfast.
- Start your trek to the summit which is around 4 km from the campsite.
- Reach the summit and enjoy the stunning views of the Himalayan peaks like Swarga-Rohini, Bandar Poonch, Kedarnath, and Gangotri.
- Get down to the campsite and have lunch.
- Start your descent to Pantwari and head to Dehradun.
- Upon reaching Dehradun, board an overnight Volvo to Delhi.
- Reach Delhi the next morning with beautiful trip memories.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
goSTOPS India’s fastest-growing backpacker hostel brand, goSTOPS predominantly aims to provide quality travel experiences and make living spaces accessible to the youth - millennials and Gen Z. Founded in 2014 by a Delhi-based couple - Pallavi Agarwal and Pankaj Parwanda, the brand not only provides accommodation, but it enhances the experience of its guests. Whether it is the quality of stay, facilities, amenities, or the things we, as humans, crave for like safety, human interaction, and a sense of belonging- goSTOPS takes care of all of it. So far, there are 25 active hostels, housing around 2,000 beds all over the country. The target is 55 hostels with 3,000 beds by March, 2022. The company has a geographical footprint in all the major tourist spots in the country like Agra, Alleppey, Amritsar, Bir, Dalhousie, Delhi, Goa, Jaipur, Kasar Devi, Kochi, Leh, Manali, McLeod Ganj, Mukteshwar, Mumbai, Munnar, Mussoorie, Naggar, Nainital, Palampur, Pushkar, Rishikesh, Udaipur, and Varanasi. So far, goSTOPS has hosted more than 4,00,000 travelers across its 25 properties. The target audience is usually between the ages of 18 and 30, comprising a cross-section of solo travelers, group travelers, backpackers, digital nomads, and individuals seeking interesting stay and workation options. It is a full-stack operator brand that leases and transforms budget hotels and operates them as backpacker hostels. goEXPERIENCES goEXPERIENCES is the ‘experience division’ of goSTOPS, launched to inspire travelers to enhance their travel experiences. The founders believe that trips can be taken to the next level if they are planned and managed by experts on the ground. goSTOPS offers customized trekking and sports activities like cycling tours, snowboarding, rappelling, boulder climbing, etc. in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. Apart from this, travelers are introduced to new and offbeat destinations in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and other cities.
- Accommodation- 1 night at goStops Mussoorie and 1 night at Nag Tibba campsite
- Sightseeing according to the itinerary
- All toll tax, parking, fuel and driver allowances
- Transportation- Delhi to Delhi transportation in Volvo and Mussoorie to Pantwari and back to Dehradun in SUV (sumo)
- Additional gst
- Any meals throughout the trip other than breakfast
- Tranfers from Dehradun to Mussoorie on Day 1.
- Pickup and drop facilities from bus stop to property and back
- Personal expenses like entry charges, shopping, room heater charges, telephone, fax, internet, laundry, etc
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion
HOW TO REACH
By Air:-The nearest airport to Kashmiri Gate is Indira Gandhi International Airport, located at a distance of 20 km. It takes around 45 mins to reach there from the airport. There is a metro line also available from Airport to New Delhi railway station.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to Kashmiri Gate is Old Delhi railway station located at a distance of around 2 km. New Delhi railway station, which connects all the major cities by train route is also 4 km from Kashmiri Gate.
By Road:- Kashmiri Gate is well connected by road and metro line. Maharana Pratap ISBT is the nearest bus terminal for Kashmiri Gate. Kashmiri Gate metro station is on Delhi metro red, yellow, and violet line which is accessible from all the major places in the city.
Policy and Terms
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Terms and Conditions
- Hostels are subject to availability.
- goSTOPS reserves the right to change the itinerary in case of weather conditions or any other situations.
- Entry tickets to places are not included in the package cost.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the hostels will be charged at actuals.
Q: Is there an ATM facility in Mussoorie?
A: There are a number of ATM machines available in and around Mussoorie. Many of them are there at the mall road.
Q: What is Nag Tibba trek difficulty level?
A: The trek difficulty level is easy to moderate making it a perfect option for the beginners. Anyone with an average fitness routine can easily do this trek. Also, a basic knowledge of trekking/hiking is needed to complete it as you will be covering a distance of 16 km while traversing through various scenic and thrilling paths.
Q: Is Mussoorie safe at night?
A: Yes, absolutely! Since it is visited by thousands of foreign nationals each year, the security arrangements are top-notch. There is ample police presence and all the public places have CCTV cameras installed.
Q: What is the best time to enjoy snowfall in Mussoorie?
A: The months of December, January and February are the best times to enjoy the snowfall in Mussoorie. However, the patterns of the snowfall in the last few years showed some discouraging results because this place did not receive enough snowfall. It has become unpredictable in many ways. Just keep an eye on national newspapers for the snowfall. The previous trend shows that peak snowfall period of Mussoorie has shifted towards mid-January in the last few years. It is advisable to plan your Rishikesh Mussoorie tour package according to your weather expectations.
Q: How much time does it take from Pantwari to Mussoorie?
A: The distance between the 2 cities is around 56 km and it takes approx 2.5 hours to reach Mussoorie from Pantwari.
Q: Is there any snow on the trek?
A: Nag Tibba summit receives a huge amount of snow in the months of Dec to Feb. You will be able to witness snow at the top in these months.
Q: What is the total Nag tibba trek distance?
A: You will cover 4 km from Pantwari village to the base camp. Next morning, 4 km to the summit from the top then come back to base camp and to Pantwari. So in total, 16 km will be covered by you in 2 days.
Q: How long is Mall Road in Mussoorie?
A: Mall Road in Mussoorie is 2 km long and embellished with shops of books, jewelry, handicrafts, wooden items and showpieces, and woolen clothes. It is the perfect place to explore in the evening and offers the mesmerizing views of the mighty Himalayas.
Q: Which type of shoes should I carry?
A: The best suited shoes for this trek are the ones made with semi leather, are light in weight and breathable so your feet don’t get too heated. Also, make sure that the ankle support is as per your own comfort. You can choose hiking or trekking shoes from brands like- Quechua, Decathlon, Wildcraft, Salomon.
Q: Tell me about the guides who will be accompanying me?
A: The trek is led by professional trek leaders who have completed Basic and Advanced mountaineering courses. There will be one guide who leads the group and another guide who will be walking at the end of the group.