Nag Tibba TrekHimalayan Treks Camping
What's This About?
You decide the starting point of your trip - Rishikesh or Mussoorie, but the trek begins in Pantwari village. 4,640 feet above the sea level in Uttarakhand’s Tehri Garhwal district, Pantwari is around 90 kms and 60 kms away from Dehradun and Mussoorie, respectively. Soon after you start trekking, the trail enters a grove of oaks and rhododendrons. While you get to experience the splendid lush greenery and blossoms during the summers, winters greet you with snow layers that accompany you throughout the journey. Overnight camping at the feet of the enormous mountains provides an expansive view of the great Himalayas. The sound of the heavy breeze and the clear sky of a starry night ensure you have a memorable experience. The trek continues to Nag Tibba top.
Anyone who loves challenges Anyone who has limits to push Anyone looking for an adventure Anyone fit enough for this thrilling experience
Experienced Trek Leaders
Local Trek Guides
The Nag Tibba Trek package includes:
● Accommodation (Camping)
● Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
● Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
● All necessary permits and entry fees
● First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder
● Mountaineering qualified and professional trek leaders, guides and support staff
● Mules to carry central luggage. Extra charges for personal luggage
The Nag Tibba Trek package excludes:
● Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles, bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolates, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bars
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees
● Transportation - The charges of transportation to and from Pantwari are to be borne and shared between the trekkers
● In case your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or due to personal reasons after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you
● Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the trekkers
● Loading and unloading of personnel luggage
● Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
Dehradun/Mussoorie to Pantwari and Nag Tibba Base
Trek Fun activities Ice-Breaking
Everyone assembles in Pantwari village where the trek is slated to start. You can choose to reach Pantwari on your own or we can arrange transportation from either Dehradun or Mussoorie (at an additional cost). The drive to Pantwari is an amazing one. Till the time you reach the village, the natural beauty of Himalayas, Kempty Falls and the Yamuna river keep you engrossed. You start trekking from Pantwari towards Nag Tibba base camp. Once you reach the target, relax and enjoy the view. There will be an overnight stay in camps under the starlit sky.
Base to Nag Tibba Top and back to Pantwari; return to Dehradun/Mussoorie
Nag Tibba Temple Nag tibba summit
You set out early and soon after, you reach an open patch of land clearing by the forest fringes before ending up at the Nag Tibba temple. At this spot, trekkers can catch a glimpse of the Garhwal Himalayan peaks and enjoy the picturesque views. Close to the target, the trail runs through the ridges and takes you to the summit of Nag Tibba. Once you reach the top, you get to see the blue canvas with ice-capped ranges of Bandarpoonch, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Kala Nag. Trek back to Pantwari village from where you head to Dehradun/Mussoorie.
How To Reach
● By Air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun serves as the nearest airport to Rishikesh. Visitors can take a direct flight to Dehradun from Mumbai or Delhi or connecting flights from anywhere in India. Local vehicles can be availed from outside the airport to reach Rishikesh by road from Dehradun.
● By Train: Rishikesh Junction Railway Station is well-connected to all the surrounding major cities. Visitors can easily find frequent trains to Rishikesh from Delhi and Dehradun.
● By Road: Rishikesh is well connected by roads to all major cities and towns, so visitors as per their choice and comfort can take the bus to reach Rishikesh smoothly. Rishikesh is connected to Chandigarh, Delhi, Dehradun, and Nainital through a good network of roads.
ISBT DehradunGoto Google Maps
goSTOPS Laxman JhulaGoto Google Maps
Things To Carry
- Rucksack (Min 55 Ltrs with rain cover)
- Trekking Shoes, Floaters or Sandals
- Quick Dry Tees
- Track Pants
- Cotton socks
- Pair of woolen socks
- Rain jacket or Poncho
- 1 Full Sleeves Sweater or Fleece Jacket,1 Heavy Jacket, 1 Pair of Thermal
- Quick-dry towel
- Windproof Jacket
- Woolen Cap
- Sun Cap
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & SunScreen (SPF 40+)
- Packed food
- Water Bottle 1
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toiletries
- Personal Basic Medical Kit
- People who use spectacles (Use Photochromic glasses instead of contact lenses)
- Trekking Pole
- Extra Polythene
- Pickup and Drop: We can arrange pickup and drop for you at additional cost from Dehradun/Mussoorie at 6 AM. A minimum of two people is required to avail this service.
- Rent gear: You can reduce the hassle of buying gear like trek pants, jackets, shoes and rent them for the trek at an additional cost.
- RT-PCR negative certification: This is mandatory for goSTOPS treks. Without it, you will not be allowed to join us. You are exempted only if you’ve taken two doses of vaccine or were infected with COVID-19 in the last three months.
What is the difficulty level of Nag Tibba Trek?
The level of this trek is quite easy and is perfectly suited for anyone who’s looking to start trekking.
What is the starting point of the Nag Tibba Trek?
The starting and ending point of this trek is Pantwari village.
Can someone with average fitness do this trek?
Nag Tibba trek is a beginner-level trek and anyone with an average fitness routine can easily do this trek. Although someone with a serious medical condition like heart disease or breathing problem should consult a doctor beforehand.
What is the maximum altitude of Nag Tibba Trek?
The maximum altitude of Nag Tibba is 9,914 feet from sea level, which is also the highest summit of the Garhwal Himalayas.
What is the best time to go for this trek?
The perfect time to undertake this trek is from February to mid-June and from September to November.
What is the important equipment to carry on this trek?
Important things to carry on this trek are- raincoat, light backpack, LED torch/headlamp, water bottle, trekking shoes, first-aid kit, etc.
About Your Hosts
India’s fastest-growing backpacker hostel brand, goSTOPS predominantly aims to provide quality travel experiences and make living spaces accessible to the youth - millennials and Gen Z. Founded in 2014 by a Delhi-based couple - Pallavi Agarwal and Pankaj Parwanda, the brand not only provides accommodation, but it enhances the experience of its guests. Whether it is the quality of stay, facilities, amenities, or the things we, as humans, crave for like safety, human interaction, and a sense of belonging- goSTOPS takes care of all of it. So far, there are 25 active hostels, housing around 2,000 beds all over the country. The target is 55 hostels with 3,000 beds by March, 2022.
The company has a geographical footprint in all the major tourist spots in the country like Agra, Alleppey, Amritsar, Bir, Dalhousie, Delhi, Goa, Jaipur, Kasar Devi, Kochi, Leh, Manali, McLeod Ganj, Mukteshwar, Mumbai, Munnar, Mussoorie, Naggar, Nainital, Palampur, Pushkar, Rishikesh, Udaipur, and Varanasi. So far, goSTOPS has hosted more than 4,00,000 travelers across its 25 properties. The target audience is usually between the ages of 18 and 30, comprising a cross-section of solo travelers, group travelers, backpackers, digital nomads, and individuals seeking interesting stay and workation options. It is a full-stack operator brand that leases and transforms budget hotels and operates them as backpacker hostels.
goEXPERIENCES is the ‘experience division’ of goSTOPS, launched to inspire travelers to enhance their travel experiences. The founders believe that trips can be taken to the next level if they are planned and managed by experts on the ground. goSTOPS offers customized trekking and sports activities like cycling tours, snowboarding, rappelling, boulder climbing, etc. in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. Apart from this, travelers are introduced to new and offbeat destinations in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and other cities.
Book an upcoming batch
[[selectedBatch.startdate|date]] to [[selectedBatch.enddate|date]][[selectedBatch.starttime|date:'shortTime']] to [[selectedBatch.endtime|date:'shortTime']]
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[selectedBatch.price | number:0]]/- per person
[[instance.price | number:0]]/- per person
Got Questions ?
Been Here, Post A Review:
More From goSTOPS
[[ event.name ]] (Soldout)
[[price.price | number:0]]/- [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[event.price | number:0]]/- [[event.price_striked]][[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
Free [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']] , Available Seats: [[ batch.batch_size-batch.numberofbookings-batch.numberofbookings_from_host ]] No Upcoming Batches Show All