- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 50 Slots
- For 10+ years
Nethravathi Peak, also known as the Nethravathi Hill or Nethravathi Betta, is a prominent hill and trekking destination located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, India. This picturesque peak offers a unique and immersive experience for nature enthusiasts, trekkers, and adventure seekers.
Trekking to Nethravathi Peak offers a unique blend of adventure and natural beauty. It is an opportunity to immerse oneself in the tranquil surroundings of the Western Ghats while exploring its diverse ecosystems. Whether you're an avid trekker, nature lover, or cultural explorer, Nethravathi Peak provides a memorable experience in Karnataka's Western Ghats.
Natural Beauty: Nethravathi Peak is nestled in the heart of the Western Ghats, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its lush forests, rolling hills, and rich biodiversity. The surrounding landscapes are a treat for the eyes and provide an excellent backdrop for treks.
Trekking Destination: Nethravathi Peak is a popular trekking destination for those looking to explore the Western Ghats. The trek offers a moderate to challenging level of difficulty, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers.
Spectacular Views: As trekkers ascend Nethravathi Peak, they are rewarded with breathtaking panoramic views of the Western Ghats and the valleys below. The vista from the summit provides an ideal setting for capturing the natural beauty of the region.
Wildlife and Flora: The trek to Nethravathi Peak takes you through dense forests, providing opportunities for wildlife sightings. The Western Ghats is home to various animal species, and trekkers might spot unique birds, insects, and plant life along the way.
Adventure and Camping: Nethravathi Peak offers adventure enthusiasts the chance to experience camping amid nature. Spending a night under the starry skies in this serene setting is a memorable experience.
Cultural Connection: Nethravathi Peak, like many natural landmarks in India, holds cultural significance for the local people. Trekkers might learn about the cultural practices and rituals related to this region.
Conservation Area: The Western Ghats is an ecologically important region, and Nethravathi Peak is part of it. The area is crucial for water conservation, as it is the source of many rivers, including the Nethravathi River itself.
Non A/C Pushback Seater
On Friday, Get picked up in Bangalore from the following points and start your Nethravathi trekking tour. The exact pick-up location and time will be confirmed after the booking.
- Gorgunte Palya
- Begin your overnight journey to Nethravathi.
one can opt to stay in Dorm or twin sharing Tents
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- On the first day, you will reach Homestay Early Morning. (Off-road experience)
- After having breakfast.
- By 09:00 AM, we will start trekking to the top of Netravathi Peak which is around 12 KM both ways.
- En route to the peak, have lunch midway.
- Once we reach the top, all of us can enjoy the relishing view of the serenity the peak has to offer.
- Return to the base camp around 05:00 PM after a trek to Netravathi.
- Once you reach the homestay, freshen up and have high tea.
- After a while, have the lip-smacking dinner and retire for the night.
- Enjoy the bonfire, depending on weather conditions.
- Note: Please note that the trek may occur on either Saturday or Sunday based on the availability of forest permits, and the return timings will be adjusted accordingly. If the trek happens on Sunday, the return timing will be on Monday early morning, between 4-5 am.
Non A/C pushback seater
- On the Second day of your Nethravathi trek, you will wake up in the morning and visit Soamavathi Waterfalls.
- After having breakfast.
- Start from homestay and head towards Bengaluru.
- Visit to SamseTea Estate and Belur Temple.
- Self-sponsored lunch.
- Return to Bangalore by 10 PM approx ( if the trek happens on Saturday ) 5 AM ( if the trek happens on Sunday ) and get back home with splendid memories.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Backpackers United is the leading and fastest-growing Travel Community, founded in 2017, that offers exceptional travel experiences in India. Our team of young, dynamic, and passionate travelers is committed to exploring the great outdoors through sustainable nature trails. We believe in providing a unique travel experience that takes our fellow travelers off the beaten path to discover the hidden gems of nature. We offer a diverse range of travel services, including treks to unexplored places in both North and South India, Cycling Tours, Holiday Packages, Sightseeing, Backpacking Trips, Corporate treks, Team Outings, Personality Development through adventure activities, experiential learning trips specially curated for school and college students, a variety of Adventure activity packages, and much more. Our experienced travel planning team curates each itinerary to ensure every penny is worth the experience. At Backpackers United, we have executed over 2K trips for more than 20,000 enthusiastic travelers, and our weekend treks and trips from Bengaluru are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. We offer customizable travel packages that cater to specific needs and requirements, ensuring a personalized and memorable experience. Our commitment to sustainable tourism and responsible travel ensures that we leave a positive impact on the communities we visit. We encourage travelers to explore the great outdoors in a way that respects and preserves nature, and we promote eco-friendly practices in all our trips and treks. Join our community of adventure seekers, and experience the thrill of exploring nature in a unique and sustainable way. Book your next adventure with Backpackers United and make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.
Transportation: Enjoy a comfortable journey with non-A/C transportation to and from Bangalore. You'll be provided with safe and convenient travel arrangements.
Expert Trek Leads: Knowledgeable and experienced trek leads from Backpackers United will accompany you throughout the journey. They will ensure your trekking experience is safe, engaging, and memorable.
Forest Permits: Your trek permits for the Nethravathi Peak adventure are included. This allows you to explore and enjoy the natural beauty of the region without any hassles.
Local Guides: Local guides familiar with the terrain will be there to assist and navigate the trek. They offer insights into the local culture, flora, and fauna.
Meals: Your trek package includes two breakfasts to start your day on the right note. You'll also receive a packed lunch and a hearty lunch during the trek. To complete the experience, there's a delicious dinner to look forward to.
Jeep Ride: Experience the thrill of a jeep ride, adding an exciting element to your adventure. This ride offers a unique way to explore the surrounding areas and reach specific trekking points.
Lunch on Day 3: Please note that lunch on Day 3 is not included in the package. You'll need to make your own arrangements for lunch during this part of the trek.
Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses you may incur during the trip are not covered. This includes expenses such as additional meals, shopping, souvenirs, and any other personal purchases.
Anything Not Mentioned in the Inclusions: Any services, activities, or items that are not explicitly mentioned in the "Inclusions" section are not part of the package and may incur additional costs.
THINGS TO CARRY
Xerox ID proof (Aadhar or other Gov. ID): Ensure you have a copy of your identification for verification purposes.
Good trekking shoes: Invest in comfortable, durable trekking shoes with good grip to support you during the trek.
Lunch Box: A container for carrying your packed lunch, making it easy to enjoy a meal during the trek.
Strong backpack for trekking: Opt for a sturdy, spacious backpack that can comfortably carry your essentials and any extra items.
Reusable water bottles: Stay hydrated by bringing along reusable water bottles with a minimum capacity of 2 liters.
Clothes for two days: Pack comfortable clothing for the duration of the trek, including a set of extra clothes.
Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Cap/hat: Shield yourself from the sun's rays with sunscreen, sunglasses, and a cap or hat.
Toiletries (Tissue papers & wet wipes etc are not allowed in the trek): Include necessary toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, and sanitizer. Note that tissue papers and wet wipes are not allowed during the trek, so plan accordingly.
Juice packs, Glucon-D, Energy bars: Carry energizing snacks and drinks to keep your energy levels up.
A Polybag to carry wet clothes: Keep a polybag handy for storing wet clothes or any items you don't want to mix with the rest of your belongings.
Raincoat or a poncho: Prepare for unexpected weather changes with a raincoat or poncho to keep you dry.
Personal medication if any: If you have specific medications or medical requirements, bring them along.
Torch with new batteries: A reliable torch with fresh batteries can be invaluable in low-light conditions.
Camera (optional): Capture memorable moments with a camera if you wish.
Long socks: Long socks can offer extra protection and comfort during the trek.
Sandals: Bring a pair of sandals for comfortable wear at the campsite or during breaks.
Power Bank: Ensure your mobile devices stay charged with a power bank.
Policy and Terms
- Cancellations made 30 days or more before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 10.0% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 25.0% of the total tour cost.-
- Cancellations made between 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 50.0% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 3 days to 7 days before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 75.0% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made 0 days to 3 days before the date of travel will incur a cancellation fee of 100.0% of the total tour cost.
This cancellation policy is designed to provide clear and transparent guidelines regarding cancellation fees based on the timing of cancellations. Please take note of these terms before booking your adventure.
Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read and understand the following terms and conditions that govern your travel experience with Backpackers United.
- Ownership of Content: Any photos or videos taken during the trip by Backpackers United's content creators or clients are owned by Backpackers United and can only be used by the company for advertising purposes. No one else can use the content commercially without permission from Backpackers United.
- Payment: Full payment for the trip must be completed before the trip begins. Failure to complete the payment may result in the cancellation of the trip.
- Valid ID: All travelers must have a valid government-issued ID that will be verified before boarding. No boarding will be allowed without a valid ID.
- Transfer of Bookings: The transfer of bookings is not allowed. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation will be allowed to travel.
- Passport Requirements: For international travel, clients must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of intended travel and not damaged in any way. Backpackers United is not responsible for clients who book travel with passports that do not meet this requirement. Any denial of entry at immigration or any additional cost arising from alternate arrangements for deportation must be borne by the travelers.
- Unused Inclusions: No refunds will be given for any inclusions that are not utilized by the client.
- Luggage and Belongings: Travelers are responsible for their luggage and belongings. Backpackers United is not responsible for any damage or missing items.
- Departure Time: The departure time is fixed, and all travelers must report at the pickup point 30 minutes before scheduled departure. The air conditioning will be switched off in the hills, and the driver will have the discretion to turn off the AC during the trip for safety reasons.
- Prohibited Activities: Drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited during the tour. Backpackers United's tours involve physically demanding activities such as trekking and camping at high altitudes, so clients are advised to be in good physical shape.
- Liability: Backpackers United is not responsible for any accidents, bodily injury, illness, death, loss, or damage to baggage or property, or any damages or claims arising from negligence or delay by any person not employed by Backpackers United.
- Conduct: Any misconduct or indiscipline will not be tolerated during the tour.
- Alterations to Itinerary: Backpackers United is not responsible for any delays or alterations to the itinerary due to natural hazards, accidents, weather conditions, landslides, political closures, or any untoward incidents. Alterations to the itinerary may be necessary due to various factors, such as weather and road conditions, and the physical ability of participants, in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being.
- Insurance: Backpackers United does not provide insurance policies to cover sickness, accidents, or losses due to theft or other reasons.By booking a trip with Backpackers United, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to abide by these terms and conditions. Your safety and enjoyment during the trip are our top priorities, and we appreciate your cooperation and adherence to these guidelines.