Pondicherry Backpacking - The French capital of India
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Adventure And Sports
- Couple Friendly
- Food & Drinks
- Hobby Trips
- Scuba Diving
- Weekend Getaways
All About It
- 24 Slots
Why to visit Pondicherry? Well, it is the perfect combination of French architecture and traditional Indian sensibilities, which makes Pondicherry the perfect getaway. It’s 1 of the 7 union territories of India. Whether you are a photographer, a traveller, a solo explorer, a spiritual being or just a person who loves to meet new people, Pondicherry gives you every reason to be here. And its pocket friendly too, best for backpackers. Still looking for reasons? Keep reading
• Auroville – MatriMandir • Aurobindo Ashram • Paradise Beach • Kayaking • Café hopping • Walk/cycle/ride around the beautiful streets full of French architecture, clicking innumerable pictures and taking back tons of memories and photos for your Instagram ;) • And of course, meeting new people ;)
Who should attend?
Backpackers, solo travelers, couple, group of friends/Family, anybody between the age 18 to 40.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
• Today meet your travel captain at the station an hour before the scheduled train timing. • Meet your fellow travel mates and day in knowing each other, playing games and sharing stories.
• Today arrive at Pondicherry early morning by 6 am. • Take your scooters from the bus stand and head towards your stay. • Arrive at your stay near the serenity beach, freshen up and lets start exploring Pondicherry. • Have stomach full breakfast. • Start with the very calming 'Aurobindo ashram' Give yourself a soothing start to the trip here. Meditate if you like. • Next we will head towards the rock beach. Spend your evening at the rock beach, exploring the Gandhi statue, some famous churches and old light house today. • Walk around the white town at night or go for clubbing. • Night at stay playing games or just taking rest.
Night walk by the white town of Pondicherry
• Today we will start our day with a soothing sunrise by the serenity beach. • Return to you stay, freshen up, have breakfast and leave for Auroville. • Visit the very famous Matri mandir today, known as the 'Temple of the mother' a truly beautiful architecture which forms the ‘soul’ of the Auroville town. Located just at the middle of the town, known as “Peace” area. Here you can go inside and concentrate/Meditate. Other than MatriMandir we can also visit Savitri Bhavan, Unity Pavilion, Bharat Nivas, Tibetan Pavilion and Inuksuk at Auroville. • There are many cafes at Auroville which we can explore today. Including, Café Xtasi, Marc’s café & wonderbar. • If time permits we can go to the auro beach. It’s every Photographer’s delight and solo traveller’s dream to be at a calm beach away from the crowd, which can be fulfilled here. • After a day full of exploring around Auroville, lets spend some time around the rock beach and relax. This beach is not very crowded during night and is completely safe to stay here at odd hours.
Sunrise at the Serenity beach
Night Walk at the rock beach
Scooter, Boat, bus, train.
Stay Not Applicable
• Today again you can start you day with a beautiful sunrise. • Pack your bags and keep it at the homestay itself. • Reach the boating point at Pondicherry and take a boat to the paradise beach. • Arrive at paradise beach, where you can do water sports, the most famous one is kayaking here. • Chill for some hours and then start your return journey towards your homestay • Take your bags and Checkout from homestay. • Arrive at the Chennai bus stop, drop your scooters and board your bus to Chennai. • Arrive at chennai, board your train to Pondicherry.
The beautiful beach Paradise is!
Kayaking at Paradise
• Travel in 3AC sleeper coach from Mumbai/Pune to and from Pondicherry. • 3 Days and 2 nights stay at homestay. • Scooter for 3 days to travel around Pondicherry with petrol. • Ferry to paradise beach. • Breakfast – during 3 days stay. • Entry charges at paradise beach. • Parking charges.
• Lunch and dinner during 3 days stay. • Camera charges • Food during train journey • Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
Mumbai Railway station
Pune railway station
HOW TO REACH
We will be starting from Mumbai by 9 pm on day 1 And from Pune by 11.30 pm. We will meet at the mumbai/pune station an atleast hour before the train timings.