PRASHAR LAKE TREK - SHORT WEEKEND GETAWAY
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 50 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April) Summer (May, June, July)
Who should attend?
A walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surroundings. A visit to Parashar is a perfect blend of spiritual journey and exploring into the serene and beautiful Himalayan mountains. Several camping sites are also located here and it is the base for numerous easy & hard treks. A short weekend getaway from your busy life routine.
- Depart from Delhi to Mandi.
- We'll reach Mandi by the morning.
Traveller / Volvo
- Early in the morning we'll drive from Mandi to Baggi, which is about two hours away.
- Upon reaching, local guide will meet you, freshen up and have your breakfast at Baggi.
- Now start trekking up to Prashar Lake campsite. Post-check-in, we'll relax and get freshen up once.
- Lastly, dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Parshar Lake campsite.
Traveller Or Volvo
- We'll start with an early breakfast followed by checking out of the campsite.
- Visit Rishi Parashar temple and lake in the morning.
- Afterward, we'll trek down to Baggi.
- Lastly, we'll board again for Delhi for an overnight journey.
- We'll reach Delhi by morning.
- The group will disassemble here and leave with a set of happy memories, and more.
- The tour ends here.
Breakfast With View
Rishi Parashar Temple
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
- Transportation in tempo traveler or Volvo bus.
- Accommodations in Camps on sharing basis as per itinerary.
- Meals: 3 Meals (Breakfast + Dinner + Breakfast)
- Local tour guide
- Sleeping bags
- All required permits
- Toll taxes and Parking Charges State and other taxes
- Early check-in at the hotel.
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delay travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions. Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing. Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Wearing layers is the mantra in the mountains. Layers give you maximum protection from all elements. You will need at least 5 warm layers (Insulin layers). You will need at least 1 pair of inner thermals, 2 light fleece layers, 1 light sweater, and 1 padded jacket. Ensure your padded jacket has a hood as well. A minimum of one pair and a maximum of two pairs of trek pants should suffice for this trek. Wear one pair and carry one just in case it rains/snows. Trek pants with zippered cut offs at the thighs are very suitable for treks. Also, choose quick-dry pants over cotton
Sunglasses - Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. A small overexposure to direct sunlight on snow can lead to snow blindness (about a half hour’s exposure). That’s because fallen snow is like thousands of mirrors that reflect direct UV rays. So you need sunglasses with UV protection.
Buying Tip: Try getting sunglasses that wrap around instead of those that have openings on the side. Even peripheral UV ray exposure is not a good idea.
2. Sun Cap
3. Synthetic Hand Gloves - Get synthetic hand gloves that have waterproofing on the outside and a padded lining on the inside. If you find the combination difficult to get (not likely), wear a tight-fitting fleece hand glove inside a synthetic hand glove. Hand gloves are mandatory on this trek.
4. Woollen Cap - a woollen head cap that covers your head and ears is absolutely essential.
5. Socks - Apart from three to four pairs of sports socks, take a pair of woolen socks. Sports socks give you cushioning plus warmth. Again the mantra is to wear synthetic socks or at least a synthetic blend. Cotton socks soak in water and sweat. They are very hard to dry. As for woolen socks, they help you to keep warm and snug in the night. If you cannot get woolen socks, wearing two sports socks serves the purpose as well.
7. Thermos for water
8. Medication (As per medical conditions if any and is subscribed by a doctor)
9.Extra cover for your electronic gear items/Valuables.
10. Quick Dry Towel/Towel
12. A tiffin box with a spoon for packed lunch, we try reduced usage of plastic/paper as much as possible
13. Poncho/Rain Cover
14. Do not leave plastic wrappers(chips,chocolates etc) behind while on Trek and yes! don't forget your "Mask" of course!
MAJNU KA TILA , Nirmal Hariday Church
HOW TO REACH
By train: The nearest railway station is at New Delhi Station. From there you can hire a cab to Majnu Ka Tila. Your trip to Manali starts from here.
By road: Hire a cab or you can ride any vehicle to Majnu Ka Tila. From here we will pick you up for your entralling journey ahead.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, hire a cab to reach Majnu Ka Tila. Your trip to Manali starts from here.
Policy and Terms
- The advance amount is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Full Payment of the trip cost must be made before the trip begins. Pending Payments may eventually lead to the cancellation of the trip.
- The IDs will be verified before boarding. No boarding shall be entertained without a valid Govt. ID.
- The transfer of the bookings is not permitted. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation shall be allowed to travel.
- No refunds shall be made towards any inclusion(s) not availed by the Client.
- Travelers must take care of their luggage & belongings. The management shall not be accountable for missing items along the tour.
- The time of departure is stated & fixed. All travelers must update their status with the Trip Coordinator(s), & report at the pickup point 30 mins prior to the scheduled departure.
- The Air Conditioning will be switched off in the hills. Also, during the trip, it shall be the driver’s discretion to put off the AC as & when required, considering the traveler's safety & ease of travel along uneven & dangerous routes.
Terms and Conditions
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24 hours prior to Departure.
Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 10 am.
- Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
- If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
- The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
- Travelmite shall not be responsible for any delays or alterations in the program or indirectly incurred expenses in cases such as natural hazards, accidents, breakdown of machinery, weather conditions, landslides, political closure, or any untoward incidents.
- We do not provide any insurance policy to cover the expenditure on sickness or accidents or losses incurred due to theft or other reasons.
- Numerous factors such as weather and road conditions the physical ability of participants etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general well-being!
What is the Speciality of Prashar Lake?
Prashar is known for Prashar lake, sloppy meadows, dense forest and the panoramic view of snow clad ranges of Dhauladhar. The “Prashar Lake” which has perimeter of about 300 mtr. is decorated by a floating island in it. Its crystal clear water adds to the charm of this scenic spot.
What is the depth of Prashar Lake?
The Prashar Lake's depth has never been recorded because local beliefs prevent people from plumbing its depths, so no one really knows how deep the water is. Adding to this mystery, the island floats across the lake and changes its position around the year- the reason for which remains unknown.
What's the height of Prashar lake?
What difficulty level is Prashar Lake trek?
The Prashar Lake trek distance is about 5 kilometres from the Prashar Lake trek starting point at Baggi village. The Prashar Lake trek difficulty level is easy and you only need a basic level of fitness to complete this trek.
Which airport is near to Prashar Lake?
Bhuntar Airport is the nearest airport from Mandi. It is located about 60km away in Kullu. The airport connects to Delhi and Chandigarh. There are buses and taxi services to Mandi that are available at the airport.
Which state is Prashar in?
Prashar Lake trek is an untouched beauty in the Himalayan state of Himachal Pradesh.
Is there snowfall in Prashar Lake?
In the month of December, the lake receives its first snowfall and the temperature ranges between 0 to -4 degrees celsius.
How far is Parashar Lake from Delhi?
The distance between Delhi and Prashar Lake is 345 km. The road distance is 476.9 km.
What is the climate of Parashar Lake?
In Summer, it mostly remains pleasant from the months of April till June. Monsoon arrives in July and August and the entire region receives moderate to heavy rainfall each year. During Winter, the lake freezes partially if not entirely and the temperature drops several degrees below zero.
How far is Mandi to Parashar?
The distance of Prashar Lake from Mandi is just 50km and takes around two hours to reach.
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can I get a room to myself?
Yes. Depending on availability. For pricing information on the single occupancy accommodation, kindly contact us on 8010000205.
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.