Rann of Kutch with Dholavira X’mas & New Year
Rann of kutch
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- 30 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 5+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan)
The Rann of Kutch is a mesmerizing and unique salt marsh located in the state of Gujarat, India. It’s renowned for its vast expanse of white salt desert, distinctive landscapes, and vibrant cultural heritage. The Rann of Kutch stretches across an area of about 10,000 square kilometres and is divided into two parts: the Great Rann and the Little Rann. Kutch is originally a Greek word that means “something that intermittently becomes wet and dry”, rightly describing the nature of this wonderful place.
Many creative nomadic and semi-nomadic communities that live in Rann of Kutch are famous for their traditional handicrafts and craftsmanship.
One of the most prominent events associated with the Rann of Kutch is the Rann Utsav, also known as the Rann Festival. This annual festival celebrates the culture, traditions, and artistry of the region. It usually takes place from November to February, coinciding with the months when the desert is at its most enchanting state. The people of Kutch are known for their warm-heartedness & hospitality; they welcome tourists with open arms. “Kutch Nahi Dekha To Kuch Nahi Dekha” remember this? Let’s go & explore the lovely Rann of Kutch
- 3:15 PM- Mumbai participants catch train number 20907 Sayaji Express to Bhuj and reach Bhuj the next day by 6:30 AM.
- Early morning departure from Samkhiyali to Dholavira (Approx. 4-5 hours journey).
- Enjoy a delightful breakfast en route.
- Begin with a visit to Chipper Point of Dholavira, followed by check-in at our accommodation for the day.
- Freshen up and relish a scrumptious lunch at the dining area.
- Take some time to unwind or venture out to explore the nearby village.
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dholavira and explore the fascinating Wood Fossil Park.
- Experience the serene beauty of the sunset at Bhanjdo Hill, also known as Dholavira Sunset Point.
- Return to the resort for the night in our comfortable Bhunga, Cottage, or Tent.
- Dinner will be served at 8 pm.
- Gather around for a captivating evening of cultural dance, a lively campfire, and uplifting music.
- Immerse yourself in the serene beauty of a desert road journey, where tranquility meets stunning landscapes.
- Visit Kalo Donger for a panoramic view, where India and Pakistan border converge, and indulge in some delightful shopping.
- Check into our resort and refresh in our Bhunga, Cottage, or Tent. Relish a hearty lunch at the common dining area.
- Early afternoon (3:30 pm) is the perfect time to head out for the Sunset, ensuring a crowd-free experience.
- Don vibrant attire for stunning photos against the backdrop of the Rann.
- Witness the grandeur of the White Desert at sunset.
- Return for the White Rann Fair/Cultural Program and Rann Utsav, capturing moments through your lens.
- Dinner awaits at 9:00 pm, followed by a cozy night’s stay in our traditional hut “Bhunga” or tent.
- Later, those who prefer rest can enjoy the moonlit beauty of the White Desert, while others can relax in comfort.
- Rise and shine with an early morning wake-up call.
- At 6:00 am, seize the opportunity to witness the first rays of the sun. Alternatively, for those seeking extra rest, the comfort of cozy blankets awaits.
- Breakfast will be served at 08:30 am. Post your meal, freshen up, and check out by 09:30 am to embark on our journey towards Bhuj.
- Lunch will be arranged en-route, followed by a comprehensive Bhuj sightseeing experience.
- Explore local gems including Adiyogi Statue, Khari Nadi, Kutch Museum, Aaina Mahal, Chhatedi (cinematic ruins of Royal cenotaphs), and Swaminarayan temple.
- At 09:30 pm, drop-off at Bhuj Airport/Railway station/Bus Station. Return train number 20908 departs from Bhuj at 10:35 pm, arriving at Dadar the following day at 01:50 pm.
Mumbai participants reach Borivali by 1:10 PM and Dadar by 1:50 PM with a heart full of memories.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Hikerwolf has become a character of a lot of travel journeys and one thing that we’re sure of is that we deliver happiness. With each trip and adventure, we’ve seen shining smiles, and an overdose of laughter packed with wistful memories. We based our foundation in 2016, and since then we have been spreading the warmth of happiness and bringing people closer to the outer lasting friendships via group tours. Hikerwolf organizes group tours, corporate trips, treks, camping events, college industrial visits, and other adventure, and travel events. How we got here Weekend trips and restaurant hoppings with his group of friends were a regular part of our Founder Smit Desai’s life during his college days. His bond with his friends was very strong, so much so that they believed that they would travel the world together. But destiny had some other plans and just like that, as they got out of college to venture into the next phase of life, everybody’s priorities started to change. New jobs, new placements, and a new set of people: a corporate lifestyle did not promise the happiness and bondings that their college buddies could provide. Although they tried catching up with their old buddies over the weekends, owing to their busy lifestyle, things didn’t quite get executed as they would have planned. While others could have sensed loneliness. Smit saw a business opportunity in this. He empathized with many others who most likely go through similar episodes and emotions in their lives. He decided to make a travel company where people could meet, make bonds, and travel as if they are travelling with a group of their old friends. The idea behind HikerWolf was born, but the journey toward the execution was not easy. Smit started and closed a few small travel ventures in 2012 before he finally decided to go big with his dream project HikerWolf in 2016. And that’s how Hikerwolf happened. Hikerwolf stirred from the same idea of bringing people together, spreading happiness, and making memories with strangers who end up becoming your friend. Our idea of spreading happiness is not only restricted to our travel ventures, we love doing the same wherever we go. Hikerwolf structures its journeys in ways that can uplift and empower the local communities across remote locations and thus make an attempt to spread happiness in their lives. So if you join us, you know that you are in for something that goes beyond travelling. Today, as Hikerwolf has evolved as a team that has a common goal as a company, we hope to instill our values through our best-curated trips and spread friendships and happiness throughout the world.
- Night accommodation on multiple sharing bases in Village Traditional hut called Bhunga tent. (Twin Sharing occupancy also can be arranged based on availability at time of booking at an extra cost of 3000 per Person)
- Mumbai to Mumbai Train tickets in sleeper class from IRCTC.
- Private non-AC bus with driver for entire tour. All toll, parking and taxes are included. (It will be already pretty cold)
- Morning tea and breakfast, lunch and dinner on day 1 and morning tea, breakfast and lunch on day 2.
- Veg food only. (Missed meals will not be refunded or extended on the last day)
- Cultural show
- Gov. entry permit for Rann Festival
- Tour charges, entrance fees to monuments, museums and all local places, bus charges for 2 days, train tickets booking charges.
- Food during train travel and dinner before boarding train.
- Additional sightseeing or usage of vehicles not mentioned in itinerary.
- Meal other than in inclusion
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone calls, tips, renting clothes, rides
- Anything not mentioned above
THINGS TO CARRY
- Identify proof (Original Compulsory)
- Photocopy of your ID proof (Compulsory)
- Water ( minimum 1 Ltr) Compulsory
- Camera, Powerbank (optional)
- Extra pair of Clothes
- Cap, Goggles, Sunscreen, etc.
- Pair of clothes as much required (shorts, track pants, or any comfortable clothing you wish for)
- Personal medicines
- Sanitary kit
- Bluetooth speakers