The drive of a lifetime one should not miss. Starting at Srinagar and ending in Manali, we would be witnessing and crossing, the marvelous and mighty Himalayas, which include 7 passes including the world’s highest pass, Khardung-La pass followed by the Baralacha-La pass, Tanglang-La pass, etc. This drive would have its ups and downs from the calm Himalayan plains which are ever-so windy to the deadliest curvy high-altitude roads in the world. It’s a drive known to be the highest and the most spell binding in the world.
8 to 20 Slots
1. All Hotel stays on twin sharing basis
2. Meals (Breakfast & Dinner)
3. Route Planning and Research.
4. Activities to make the experience truly memorable.
5. Local guidance and support from experts.
6. Back up team with a crew vehicle equipped with GPS, oxygen cylinders, emergency food
supplies and first – aid kits.
7. Wireless radio in each vehicle.
8. Traveling First Aid team with necessary medical equipment – Oxygen Cylinders, OTC Drugs etc.
9. MotorMinds Expeditions completely equipped crew vehicles to guide you through the journey.
10. Goody Bag and convoy safety markers.
11. Village walks, local sightseeing and exploration!
12. Necessary documentation and arrangement of inner line permits, wherever required.
1. Vehicle – (We do provide help in sourcing vehicles if required)
2. Your own international or domestic passenger flights till the start point.
3. Meals and drinks not mentioned.
5. Alcoholic beverages.
6. Insurance and documentation costs such as travel insurance
7. Vehicle servicing, repairs, traffic fines or parking penalties.
8. Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill- health, vehicle breakdown or repairs,
damage accruing from land blocks, bad weather etc.
9. Additional accommodation charges due to unforeseen delays in the journey at the best possible rates.
10. Any Medical expenses incurred during the trip
11. Any charges for carrying video camera or still camera.
12. Any hotel, subsistence or other costs incurred prior to the official start date of an expedition and
after the official end date of the expedition.
13. National/ State highway tolls and entry taxes if any.
14. Anything specifically not mentioned above in the inclusions.
15. Optional Activities like Shikara ride, boating, rafting, etc.
16. Accidental travel Insurance with Arrangements for air evacuation if required (refer t&c)
6 July 2018
The guests are expected to reach the Jammu on latest by 15:00 hours and settle in the hotel rooms. Those who prefer checking in early can do so as the rooms will be available from noon. In the evening we huddle up for a briefing session by Team MotorMinds and for a mini ice breaking session with your fellow travelers whilst enjoying some delicious dinner. As it is holiday season the guests are advised to reach Jammu by the time mentioned above so that you can get plenty of rest before the adventure begins.
Jammu – Srinagar
Ride : 290 Kms 9 HRS
We start our leg of Kashmir today heading out to Srinagar, crossing Patnitop, one of the many hill stations in the region. We would reach Srinagar and crash at our Houseboat Accommodation, and head out for an evening in the Shikara and an evening of Kashmiri Cuisines.
Srinagar – Kargil
Ride : 206 Kms 6 HRS
We start our Day with a cup of Kava and breakfast and head out for Kargil, welcoming us will be Sonamarg (Switzerland of India), and the first of the passes the Zojila Pass (11,575ft). We would enter the Mushkoy and Drass Valley and Stop at Drass to pay homage to Shaheed’s of 1999 war at The Drass War Memorial and call it a night in Kargil.
Kargil – Leh
Ride: 255 Kms 7 HRS
We have an early start today, it’s an attraction filled route, the Srinagar – Leh Highway. Starting with Mulbekh which hosts a huge statue of The Maitreya Buddha and then at Basgo monastery built in 1680’s. Along the way we would cross Magnetic Hills. Experience it to believe it!! Lunch would be at the famous Gurudwara Pathar Sahib at their welcoming langar if one pleases. Post lunch, the view that we all have been waiting for, would just mesmerize you. We unwind in Leh and plan our activities for the next day as it’s an open day tomorrow.
Leh: Free Day
Today is an open day, explore Ladakh at your own pace. Visit the renowned palaces, local markets, indulge in mouth watering local cuisines and do not forget to click plenty of photos!
Leh – Nubra Valley – Diskit
Ride: 135 Kms 6 HRS
Today we set out to conquer one of the world’s highest motorable road at 18000 ft, followed by lunch at one of the highest villages in the world. We will drive all the way to Hunder to see the famous Himalayan desert with actual dunes and the endangered Bactrian double hump camels. Spend the remaining of the evening at the dunes playing games and clicking photos after which we make our way back to Diskit and rest under the shadow of the Diskit Monastery.
Diskit – Pangong Tso
Ride: 230 Kms 8 HRS
Today we start our Journey visiting the Diskit monastery, onward to Pangong Tso. We would be taking the backroad closer to the China border; parts of the road are not tarmac’d hence we would be easy on the tires plus the view won’t let you down. On reaching Pangong Tso we would unwind by the lake and would be there for the night at the banks of this mighty lake.
Pangong Tso – Leh
Ride: 230 Kms 8.5 HRS
Today we have a long day in front of us, we would be crossing Chang la Pass (17,585ft), Claimed to be the second highest in the world, we would be Stopping along the way for lunch and would be hitting the Hemis monastery. Post high-tea we would be making our way back to Leh for one last time, go for a stroll in the city and wish farewell until next time!
Leh – Tso Moriri
Ride: 245 Kms 9 HRS
Today we drive to the famous Tso Moriri, via the Tanglang-La pass would be breathtaking. With 5 passes under our belt we are ready to face more. We will be crossing the Thiksey monastery, and reaching Tso Moriri by evening. Tso Moriri is the largest high lake In India and also a Wetland Conservation Reserve. A chilly night under the stars besides a bon-fire will elevate your senses to a serene experience.
Tso Moriri – Jispa
Ride: 320 Kms 11 HRS
Today would be a very Long day on the road and we would be covering yet another pass Lachung Pass, and making our way towards Jispa. Our reserve fuel tanks would help us to reach our destination without any hassle. The complete details about reserve fuel cans and other such emergency supplies will be provided to all travelers on booking so that they can come prepared accordingly.
Jispa – Manali
Ride: 142 Kms 5 HRS
On our short run to the famous hill-station Manali, we would be crossing yet another pass, the famous Rohtang. The serene pine forest and evergreen trees would welcome us to this small yet growing town of Manali. You have earned yourself a self-pampering evening which can either be spent at the hot springs in Vashisht or enjoying Trout fish at the numerous restaurants or indulge in a shopping expedition at the famous town market.
It’s an open evening but dinner would be with us to celebrate the completion of the Expedition. The following morning, we shall depart towards our respective destinations with a lifetime experience and lots of stories to tell.
We are a group of motor enthusiasts who love to visit roads less travelled by. At Motorminds Expeditions, we take you out to trails and tracks that few cars have covered. Our team ensures safe, fun-filled, and memorable trips. Travelling for us is not business, but our sole passion.
Look forward to our offerings here!
[[selectedBatch.startdate|date]] to [[selectedBatch.enddate|date]][[selectedBatch.starttime|date:'shortTime']] to [[selectedBatch.endtime|date:'shortTime']]
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[selectedBatch.price | number:0]]/- per person
[[instance.price | number:0]]/- per person