Scuba Diving at Netrani Island
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Events In Bangalore
- Events In Hyderabad
- Scuba Diving
- Travel & Work
- Weekend Getaways
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan) Spring (Feb, March, April)
Underwater is so tranquil that a soul venturing it once is bound with it forever. Scuba Diving rushes a seeker to the unknown depths and reveals concealed truths about mother earth. Life emanates in oceans; it is peaceful as heaven, and hundreds of uninterrupted, noiseless beings are busy with their chores. Some fish (of similar nature) are busy moving from point A to B, others are lying close to their shelter, and the mating season is 'ON' for others. There are camouflaging sea creatures; then there are ones which look friendly and inviting. You would only be able to figure out what is happening once you stay and observe closely.
One such magical Scuba Diving site is located 20 km from Murudeshwar, on the sidelines of Netrani Island. Along with this escapade, the Kumta trek awaits your arrival, which is well garnished with Nirvana Cliff View Point, Kagal fort, Heaven Beach, Mystery Cave Beach, Mangodlu/Honnali/Nirvana Beach, Aghanashini Port and fishermen’s village.
Plan The Unplanned is all set to take you on an exciting trip to Netrani Island, which has one of the cleanest diving sites in India. Arabian sea, from ancient times, has been calling travellers, voyagers, and researchers to its remote depths. Safe equipment, accurate weather reports and trained professionals have made life easy today. You don't even need to know swimming to attempt this Scuba Diving. No heavy requirements, no crazy timeline, and no restrictions – take this Scuba Diving at Netrani Island and Kumta Trek as an experience worth cherishing, worth experiencing!
Note: If you want to experience Scuba diving but aren’t quite ready for a certification course, this Introductory Dive is for you. You must be at least twelve years old to do the Introductory Dive. No prior experience with Scuba Diving is necessary, swimming is NOT needed, but you need to be in good physical health.
You will learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI or SSI Professional.
Dive Depth: 12 m (maximum)
Dive Time: 30-40 min (depends on how comfortable you’re in the water)
- Pickups will start at 5:30 pm.
- A friendly session for an introduction
- Reach campsite at around 8:30 am
- Freshen up and have breakfast
- Start trekking to Kagal Fort (approx 10:30 am)
- Click gorgeous pictures at Nirvana Cliff
- Walk past forest and reach Mystery Cave Beach
- Enjoy the beauty of the Mystery Cave (Once said to be going to Mirjan fort, now it is closed.)
- Packed Lunch at Heaven beach
- Trek via Fishermen’s Village to reach Aghanashini Port
- Head to Mangodlu/Honnali/Nirvana Beach for sunset. Depending on the time and weather, we will select one beach and spend the rest of the evening there.
- Drive back to the Campsite
- Dinner and Bonfire
- Sleep and rest.
- Early morning freshen up & have breakfast
- Leave for Murudeshwar by 6:00 am
- Have breakfast at Murudeshwar
- Start ride to Netrani Islands (20 km ferry ride)
- Professionals will brief about the dive site and wildlife
- Basic lessons about Scuba Diving will be given by trained instructors on the way to the Islands
- Diving at Netrani for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Journey back to Murudeshwar Beach
- Freshen up in a hotel room (self-sponsored)
- Self-Sponsored Dinner
- Head off to Bangalore and reach by 6:00 am (approx) on Day 3
A/C Push Back Seats Vehicle
Meals Not Included
An overnight bus journey of 490 km commences from Bangalore to Kagal. It is a small town located 13 km from Kumta. En route, we shall have a brief orientation followed by a fun-filled ice-breaking session.
We will freshen up as soon as we reach the campsite. The day starts with a power-packed breakfast. We will dump our big backpacks at the campsite and pack a small bag for a lunch box, water bottles and essentials. There are no water sources on the trail, so carry at least 2 litres of water individually.
All of us will aim to start trekking by 9 am. Since the trek is small (4 km approx) and easy in difficulty, there is no rush; you can take your time at spots. The trek begins with a clean forest section. It’s a slight climb through the stone-ridden path to reach the top of the Kagal fort. Once the forest section clears, a beautiful grassland opens up. The climb slowly reveals the fantastic shoreline.
You will witness only the guarding wall remains of Kagal fort now. As soon as you reach the top of the fort, don't miss the revealing Aghanashini estuary. It’s an impressive scene to see the river meeting the ocean. The Aganashini estuary is what divides the shoreline of Gokarna and Kumta.
We continue walking along with the fort ruins to reach a bastion (View Point). The trek continues to excite us with breathtaking views of the beach by the fort, and soon after a descent back, you reach Mystery Cave beach. A relatively small beach with loud and furious waves is sure to remove any tiredness from the trek.
We then trek over the huge metamorphic rocks to reach Heaven beach. The beauty of this beach is in a league of its own. No wonder it’s named Heaven Beach. It has a good lengthy shoreline with calmer tides compared to Mystery cave beach. After spending a good amount of time here and consuming our lunch, we’ll head to the fishermen's village via Aganashini Port to get back on the bus to reach sunset point, i.e. Mangodlu/Honnali/Nirvana Beach. (The trek leaders will zero in on a beach according to weather and time constraints.)
Head back to the campsite for freshening up and dinner. Later gather for a fun session of music, dance, stories & whatnot around a bonfire.
A/C Push Back Seats Vehicle
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
Day 2 begins as early as possible. According to our schedule and the Nth boat from Murudeshwar that is fixed for us, we will prepare to move towards Murudeshwar (56 km from Kagal) for SCUBA Diving in Netrani Islands.
After breakfast, we will hop on a boat that will drive us to Netrani Island. Netrani is a coral island; we are not allowed to go there. The total time to reach is about 1 hour (20 km approx).
There is a washroom in the boat. You can also help yourself with light food like bananas, water, and snacks on the ship. Although everything is included in the package, we refrain from overeating since you will land in water after some time.
Midway, one instructor will brief you about the dive. They will teach you about all kinds of scenarios and hand moments you must abide by inside water.
Once we reach, you will be allowed to enter the water with your life jacket. You can play in the water as your peers complete their dive. As your turn comes, get suited up, get into the water, and embrace the best SCUBA experience. We advise you to remain calm in all situations and follow your instructor. They will safely guide you.
Once you reach back, have something to eat, wait for everyone to finish and come back to Murudeshwar. Freshen up (self-sponsored) here and get into the vehicle for a ride back home. On the way, we will stop for dinner (self-sponsored).
Continue to cement your relationship on the way, dance, play, or do everything all at once. As you continue the journey, some moments of introspection will sheath you. Don't stop. Dive deep and find your answers. These trips are meant for this. Thinking about everything as you sleep, we wish you the best dreams. We wish your purpose from this Scuba Diving Trip to Netrani is satisfied. Go back home, rest for some days, check other itineraries and ring us soon. We will wait for your call.
Plan The Unplanned
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
What’s life without adventure? Isn’t the real purpose of life to travel, to experience new places, and witness the sunrise from new mountaintops? This thought is what united Jatin and Tarun over a cup of chai, in spite of being from two unrelated backgrounds (CA and IT). They knew each other since the time Jatin was helping Tarun learn the ways of the wilderness through weekend treks and outings with another traveling group. Their love for traveling and trekking together motivated them to start something of their own. Thus was born “Plan The Unplanned”, where travel goals come true. Under the Companies Act, Plan The Unplanned is incorporated as Unplanned Journeys Private Limited They started their journey on unsteady ground, much like any other company, but they shared an infatuation for travel and adventure with their customers, which amplified their determination, and thus, Plan the Unplanned family keeps getting bigger every day! Just about any travel idea can come alive with Plan The Unplanned…treks, adventure activities like rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, backpacking trips across the country, cultural outings, photo walks; everything that fellow travelers need, to explore the great outdoors together. Well now that the wanderlust has kicked in and you can already see a vacation in your nearest future, here’s what we have to offer!
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
- Accommodation in Homestay/tents on multiple sharing basis ( separate for men & women
- To and fro Transport from Bangalore ( Non A/c Pushback seater minibus/ tempo traveller )
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner
- Onward & Return Boat (Murudeshwar beach – Netrani Island – Murudeshwar beach
- Light snacks on the Boat
- Services of an Internationally certified Scuba Instructor
- Photos of your diving
- Trip Leaders from Plan The Unplanned
- Experience that you gain
- First-aid, Life Jacket, Snorkeling Gear, Scuba diving equipment
- All Meals for Sunday are self-sponsored
- Other water sport
- Video Recording - Rs 350/person
- Any kind of personal expense
- Any kind of insurance (health, medical, life accidental, etc)
- Anything not included above
- Any entrance fees
THINGS TO CARRY
- Soft Copy of Aadhar ID/ License/Voter ID for obtaining forest permits)
- Face Mask & Hand Sanitizer
- Two water bottles – 1 litre each (Hydration is a necessity)
- Clothes as needed
- Lunch box
- A comfortable pair of sports/trekking shoes with a good grip.
- Sunscreen and a hat/cap.
- Power bank
- Flip-flops (To laze around the homestay)
- Small Rucksack (to stuff your essentials for the trek)
- Sufficient Cash for meals not included in the itinerary
Udupi Grand HSR Layout
Yamaha Showroom Domlur
Cubbon Park Signal
KTM Mekhri Circle
Policy and Terms
For Departures from Bangalore: In the event that YOU cancel your trek, this is the cancellation policy we follow
- If you cancel before 7 days – 90% of the amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 3 – 6 days – 50 % of the amount will be refunded
- If you cancel between 0-3 days – No Refund
- *Intimation Period means the number of days before the tour is scheduled to start
- **Cancellation Fee is the amount of money that will be deducted from the total billing amount before offering the refund.
- Refund/Cancellation requests are accepted only by email at [email protected] and not via call or Whatsapp.
Note: For All The Above Refund Cases Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be deducted from the overall amount and the balance amount shall be refunded. You can transfer your ticket to anyone so that you could save your hard-earned money
“Transfer to a future date is only possible only if you cancel between 3-6 days before the trek date and not on the day of departure or a day before”
For other trips and travels with us, and detailed terms and conditions check the following link : https://www.plantheunplanned.com/refund-cancellation-policy
Q: Would I be added to a WhatsApp Group once the trek is confirmed?
A: Yes, the Event Heasup mail would contain a link for Whatsapp Group through which one can join and interact with fellow travelers and outdoor leaders.
Q: Do I have any other boarding points apart from the ones mentioned?
A: Yes, we do have options for picking a traveler on board with a few locations provided they are on the route to our destination. The following are the same: - Croma Store, Sony World Signal - Trinity Circle Metro Station - Yeshwanthpur Metro Station - Goraguntepalya Metro Station
Q: Do I need to know Swimming?
A: Not at all. You need not know or have any experience in swimming. The divers will be your support throughout the dive.
Q: Is the trip safe for Women/Girls?
A: Yes, it’s much safe and sound. We have been organizing these treks over the years now and we always have had an equal ratio or sometimes we have women in the majority. We also have female outdoor leaders who are on board and lead the other trekking enthusiast. We have made sure our homestay/tent accommodation is separate for men and women.
Q: Would I be able to postpone to a future in case I do not attend the trek on the day of departure?
A: We are extremely sorry, you cannot postpone to any future date in case you fail to attend the trek on the mentioned date for any reasons whatsoever ( family/health/work emergencies ). You can write to us at [email protected] as regards and our team will get in touch with you on the same
More From Plan The Unplanned
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]