Sondai Fort Trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 1 Days
- 19 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 12+ years
Sondai is one of the lesser know forts around Mumbai. It was used as a watch tower and stands 6kms west of Karjat overlooking the Karjat-Chowk highway and offers a beautiful view of Morbe Dam, Prabalgad, Irshalgad, Rajmachi, Songiri forts and Matheran mountain range.
The name of the fort is derived from the temple of the Goddess Sondai at the top the mountain. There are 2 water cisterns at the base of the pinnacle and steps are carved out of rocks to go on the topmost point where an idol of Sondai Devi stands.
It is an easy 1-1.5 hrs hike from the base village and ideal for beginners or those who are trekking after a long time
Stay Not Applicable
- 05:00 hrs – Report at SGNP Borivali
- 05:15 hrs – Leave for Base village
- 05:30 hrs – Pick up from Andheri
- 06:00 hrs – Pick up from Sion
- 06:10 hrs – Pick up from Chembur
- 06:30 hrs – Pick up from Vashi Highway
- 06:50 hrs – Pick up from Kalamboli McDonalds
- 08:30 hrs – Reach the base village, have breakfast
- 09:00 hrs – Start the trek after a brief introduction session
- 11:00 hrs – Reach the top, explore the fort and spend some time soaking in the beauty
- 12:30 hrs – Start trek towards the base village, we will also visit a nearby Twin waterfall.
- 13:30 hrs – Reach the base
- 14:00 hrs – Have lunch
- 15:30 hrs – Say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again, leave for Mumbai in our Bus. This brings us to the end of our trip, Or rather just the beginning
- 18:00 hrs – Reach Mumbai Tentatively
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We’re a team of travellers and dreamers who know how to inspire the memories you’ll have for the rest of your life. Our team consists of people from various backgrounds such as travel & adventure experts, event managers & ex-MNC employees. We have been in the travel industry for 5+ years and have organised 1000+ trips and events. We create travel experiences that exceed clients' expectations. Come discover what you have been missing!
went on garbett plateau trek on them good experience, everything nicely organised,
Trekking with wandering souls was a safe and good experience. The team leads were genuinely caring and made sure of everyone's safety despite having a large group.The trek was well designed and it also had an introduction session which served as an icebreaker and made the batch more friendly towards eachother. The crowd was decent and blending, you can meet and make new friends. It was my first time trekking with a group and I would join them soon 💪🏽👍🏽
It was my first trekking experience and I am glad I planned it with the best. Overall experience was very great. The weather, the people, the view everything at its best. Wandering souls made my first trekking experience memorable. Looking forward to planning more trips with them.
Your search for amazing adventures ends here. The most reliable and trustworthy group I have been with. The coordinators are excellent. The arrangements are great and you'll have a best experience in every events. I joined their first event back in 2018 and enjoyed each events since then :) Kudos team! you're doing fab job.
- Mumbai to Mumbai Private Transport
- Entry Fees
- Expertise and Guide charges
- Wash Rooms & Changing rooms facilities
- First Aid Certified Trek Leads
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
- Any Personal Expenses
THINGS TO CARRY
- Identity Proof (Mandatory)
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Face Mask & Sanitizer
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater please avoid umbrellas
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Put essentials like money, spare clothes in a polythene bag inside the bag
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
How will you contact me once I register?
We will be mailing you the details about the ride a day or two before the event. We will also create a WhatsApp group a day before the trek.
What is the difficulty level of this trek?
This trek is of easy difficulty with around 1-1.5 hours of hike each side
Will I be able to do this trek? I have not trekked before.
This is the perfect treks for beginners. We encourage you to come and experience the trek with us. Trekking is not about speed and our representatives will be there to encourage you to complete the trek
What is the age limit for this trek?
The age limit for the trek is 18 years with no upper limit. Participants below the age of 18yrs need to be accompanied by a guardian
Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our participants are solo travellers.
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
It is completely safe for a female solo traveller as our representatives will be there with you all the time. Moreover, most of our event have 60% female participation.
Can I Bring my Car?
- Yes, you can bring your own car
Are washrooms available during the trek?
- You will not get washrooms during the trek. Washrooms are available at the base village.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
Smoking or drinking alcohol is prohibited.
Would I get cellular connectivity?
- You will get limited connectivity during the trek.
Will I get water during the trek?
You won’t get water during the trek, you need to carry at least 2 litres of water with you
What type of food will I get?
- We will be having breakfast & lunch at a local restaurant
What if I’m unable to complete the ride?
Our experienced coordinators will make sure you complete the ride. In case you not able to, you need to transfer the cycles back to the start point.
What if I have a medical emergency?
We will carry first aid kit with us. The coordinators will be first aid certified. If the problem increases, we will quickly get you to closest medical attention possible.
What kind of clothing we need to wear?
We recommend you wear full sleeve t-shirt and full pants. Also carry a Raincoat/ wind cheater for the rains. Umbrellas are a strict NO.
Do I need special shoes?
- We recommend trekking shoes or good quality sports shoes with firm sole