Winter Spiti Expedition.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- 10 Slots
A Spiti tour is a journey through one of the most remote and rugged regions in India. The region, located in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, is known for its stark and barren landscapes, traditional Tibetan culture, and ancient Buddhist monasteries. The tour typically includes visits to picturesque villages, high-altitude passes, and stunning mountain vistas. Visitors can also experience the local way of life by staying in homestays, interacting with the friendly locals, and exploring the region's rich history and culture. Overall, a Spiti tour is an adventure that offers a unique blend of natural beauty and cultural immersion.
- Visiting ancient Buddhist monasteries
- Exploring traditional Tibetan villages
- Scenic drives through high-altitude passes
- Adventure activities like trekking, rock climbing, mountain biking and River rafting
- Appreciating natural beauty
- Understanding local culture and tradition
- Meeting friendly locals.
Who should attend?
- Adventure seekers
- Nature lovers
- Cultural explorers
- Photography enthusiasts
- History buffs
- People interested in Buddhism and Tibetan culture
- Those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
Stay at Sangla
- Reach Shimla in the morning, freshen up, and have your breakfast.
- We will be changing our vehicle to tempo traveler from bus.
- We will head out for Sangla/Chitkul through Kufri, Narkanda.
- Reach chitkul/sangla, hotel check in.
- Dinner and overnight sleep in Sangla.
- Wake up very early in the morning.
- Early morning breakfast and explore Chitkul, the last Indian village of India towards the China border.
- Later depart for Nako. En route visit Kalpa, take a pit stop at Khab, the site of union between Sutlej and Spiti river.
- Reach Nako in the evening.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Nako.
- Wake up early morning and after having breakfast, head for Kaza.
- En-route Kaza, which serves as the connective link between the districts, we will find ourselves surrounded by many monasteries that we will make sure to visit.
- We will visit the more than a thousand-year-old Tabo Monastery followed by Gue Monastery as well as Dhankar Monastery.
- Reach Kaza in the evening. Hotel check in.
- Dinner and sleep overnight.
- Wake up early morning and after having the breakfast, head for Spiti valley sightseeing.
- Visit the most scenic monastery of Spiti Valley - The Key Monastery.
- Post key we will visit Kibber Village via Chicham. Which is famous for spotting snow leaders and for being the highest bridge in Asia.
- Come back to Kaza by evening. Dinner and sleep overnight.
- Today morning, have a healthy breakfast and proceed towards Hikkim village. Hikkim is the village with the highest post office in the World.
- After Hikkim, you will visit Komic. Komic village holds the title of the village with the highest motorable road in Asia.
- Thereafter, visit the Langza village, also known as the Fossil Village. The snowcapped mountains and the iconic Budha statue near Langza is a perfect place for some quality alone time.
- Overnight stay at Kaza.
- Wake up early morning and after breakfast check-out of the hotel.
- Depart for the Kalpa.
- Reach Kalpa by Night
- Check-in to the hotel. Dinner and Overnight rest.
Stay Not Applicable
- Wake up early morning and after breakfast depart for Shimla.
- Reach Shimla by evening.
- Depart for Delhi.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Byko Journeys offers experiential travel with a positive impact. We specialise in group expeditions to offbeat destinations and handle all aspects of trip planning, booking, budgeting, and organising. Our attractive packages provide a competitive edge and are customisable to fit your preferences and budget. Let us make your travel experience personal and fulfilling.
Just did the Himachal Trip with BykoJourneys and probably is one of my best decisions of 2023 !! An awesome team of our trip captains nikhil and naveen who are super chilled out & fun to hang out with.We did have some feedback for the trip leaders at the beginning which was heard and we saw changes in the subsequent days, which was awesome. BykoJourneys team is open to feedback and did their best to make us comfortable. The stays/ hotels booked were safe, clean and awesome..no complaints there. Overall a fun trip with a fun gang ! Will probably do another one with Byko soon. Thanks for the memories Byko !!
- Volvo transfer from Delhi to Shimla & Shimla to Delhi. Entire travel from Shimla to Shimla by Tempo Traveller/ Innova/Similar vehicle depending on the number of travelers.
- 6 nights accommodation(1 Night at Sangla, 1Night at Nako, 3 Nights at Kaza, 1 Night at Kalpa )
- Total of 12 meals ( 6 Dinner + 6 Breakfast)
- All inner line permits for the trip
- Driver Night Charges, Toll Tax, Parking Charges, etc. Team Captain throughout the trip
- Any other Food & Beverage charge that is not included in the package.
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity or forced circumstances which are out of our control.
- Any other expense not mentioned in the inclusion column.
HOW TO REACH
Travellers must reach to pickup points by their own means of transport
Policy and Terms
- Full Payment of the trip cost must be made before the trip begins. Pending Payments may eventually lead to the Cancellation of the trip.
- The IDs shall all be verified before boarding. No boarding shall be entertained without a valid Govt. ID.
- The Transfer of the bookings is not permitted. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation shall be allowed to travel.
- No refunds shall be made towards any inclusion(s) not availed by the Client.
- Travelers must take care of their luggage & belongings. The management shall not be accountable for missing items along the tour.
- The time of Departure is stated & fixed. All travelers must update their status with the Trip coordinator(s), & report at the pickup point 30 mins prior to the scheduled departure.
- The Air Conditioning will be switched off in the hills. Also, during the trip, it shall be the Driver’s discretion to put off the AC as & when required, considering the travelers’ safety & ease of travel along uneven & dangerous routes.
Terms and Conditions
- Drinking & Smoking are strictly prohibited during journey due to the health & safety concerns of fellow passengers.
- No act of misconduct or indiscipline shall be tolerated on the tours. We are a cordial travel community and we aspire to bring to you a hassle-free and memorable experience.
- Byko Journeys shall not be responsible for any delays or alterations in the program or indirectly incurred expenses in cases such as Natural Hazards, accidents, breakdown of machinery, weather conditions, landslides, political closure, or any untoward incidents.
- We do not provide any insurance policy to cover the expenditure on sickness or accidents or losses incurred due to theft or other reasons.
- Numerous factors such as weather and road conditions the physical ability of participants etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being!