spiti valley "JB" (Summer Full Circuit)
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Leisure And Travel
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- 12 Slots
- For 12+ years
Spiti Valley is a cold desert mountain valley located high in the Himalayas in the north-eastern part of the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The name "Spiti" means "The middle land", i.e. the land between Tibet and India. Spiti valley is famous for its natural beauty and cultural heritage. Tabo monastery is one of the most prominent attractions in Spiti. The monasteries in Spiti are renowned for spectacular murals, ancient temples, and several stupas.
Last Village of Inida on Tibet Border. 500-years-old mummy of a Buddhist monk. Buddhist Monasteries. Wildlife Sanctuary. World's Highest Post office. highest bridge in Asia Confluence of spiti and Satluj River.
Who should attend?
Explorers Photographers Travel Bugs
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
- Assemble at the boarding point in Delhi - RK Ashram Metro Station or Majnu Ka Tilla.
- Start an overnight journey to Shimla and socialize with your co-travellers.
- After arriving in Shimla, we will take a halt for breakfast around Narkanda and soak in the much-needed #MountainVibes. Post breakfast, we will drive ahead to reach the last Indian village before the Indo-Tibetan border - Chitkul.
- After arriving in Chitkul, check in to our comfy hotel/swiss-camps, freshen-up and have some leisure. What can be more magical than relaxing near the pristine Baspa River? A perfect location in the lap of majestic Himalayas to disconnect from the urban madness and connect with nature.
- In the evening, don’t miss out the much-needed acclimatization session by your trip captain followed by home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel/swiss-camps.
- Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast, we will head out to take a stroll around the Chitkul village.
- Visit Mathi Temple dedicated to the Goddess of local people of Kinnaur and treat your stomach with a satisfying plate of steamy momos or rajma chawal at ‘Hindustan Ka Akhri Dhaba’.
- Drive towards Kalpa, check in to our cozy hotel and have some leisure. Witness the magical sunset as the golden light falls on the mighty Kinnaur Kailash range.
- Visit the famous Roghi (suicide-point) and if time permits take a stroll in the beautiful Kalpa village.
- In the evening chill with your travel clan, savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel.
- Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast, drive from Kalpa to Nako village.
- Get mesmerized by the shape-shifting landscapes of mountains with every turn.
- Enroute we will take a halt at Khab Sangam, visit the famous Nako Lake and Monastery and overnight stay at nako.
- After arriving in Nako village, check in to our comfy hotel/homestay and have some leisure. Savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a homestay.
- Wake up Early morning and have breakfast after that check out from your homestay and start your journey towards kaza. Today you will enter Spiti region after crossing Sumdo checkpost. Today you will witness Gue Monastery which is famous "Mummy" and the visit Tabo Monastery. Take a walk inside the old monastery and learn about the history of this Tibetan spiritual site also known as ‘Ajanta of Himalayas’.
- Drive from Tabo to Dhankar Village and meditate in the cliff top Dhankar Monastery. Treat yourself with jaw dropping scenes of pristine Spiti river and the gorgeous Himalayas.
- Before arriving at our homely abode in Kaza we will drive along the Pin river towards one of the less explored regions and the only green national park in Spiti i.e Pin Valley.
- After arriving in Kaza, check in to our cozy hotel/homestay, freshen-up and have some leisure.
- The ones with high energy levels, feel free to take a stroll around Kaza and old bazaars.
- In the evening, enjoy a warm bonfire, savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel/homestay.
- Wake to a relaxed mountain morning in your homely abode and post breakfast, quickly head out for an action packed exploration of various quaint villages nestled in and around Kaza.
- Visit Spiti’s gorgeous fossil village Langza and get clicked with the iconic statue of Medicine Buddha with your clan. Feel proud for making it to the World’s highest motorable village Komic and absorb in the jaw dropping vistas of snow-laden Himalayas. The day will come to an end at Hikkim village known for its World’s highest post office.
- Since this is your last night in Kaza, therefore make the most out of it by chilling with your travel clan at various quaint cafes and take authentic souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
- Post exploration, savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel/homestay.
- Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast, bid adieu to your hosts in Kaza and drive towards Key Monastery - biggest and most picturesque Buddhist monastery nestled in the gorgeous Spiti Valley. Spend quality time speaking to the monks or sip a cup of herbal tea in Key Monastery’s kitchen.
- Explore the Kibber village - home to snow leopard and various other wildlife species like Himalayan Ibex and Red Fox to name a few. Take some #InstaPerfect shots at Chicham Bridge - Asia’s highest suspension bridge connecting the peaceful Kibber village.
- Enroute Chandratal, we will take a pit stop at Losar to grab a satisfying lunch and continue towards Kunzum La situated at 15,000ft approx. This stretch is indeed the journey’s most adventurous and beautiful part.
- After arriving at Chandratal, check in to our scenic campsite. Quickly head out to soak in the calmness of the Moon Lake and capture some #InstaPerfect shots.
- In the evening chill with your travel clan under the gaze of million stars and the Milky Way Galaxy. Savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in swiss tents.
Tempo Traveller / Volvo
Stay Not Applicable
- Wake up quite early in the morning and post breakfast drive towards Manali from Chandratal via Kunzum La. Enroute Manali, we will take a pit stop for morning tea at the famous Chacha-Chachi Ka Dhaba or Chhatru.
- After arriving in Manali, feel free to take a stroll around Old Manali cafes or The Mall Road (if time permits) and start-off your return journey to Delhi in the evening.
- Reach Delhi next morning with lots of amazing memories and unforgettable experiences.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Journey Basket was found when the two adventure junkies decided to convert their passion into a full time commitment, over a Bike Ride to Nepal, Sikkim and Bhutan. We have a team full of specialists for Himalayan Treks, Motorbike Expeditions, Leisure Trips and others so that you don't just visit a place but also witness the world from new lenses. Journey Basket strives to deliver the perfect holiday experience for everyone. We plan each and every itinerary to give the authentic flavor of every location. So that, you don't just visit the place but live and breath the culture of the land. To provide the Aha! moment to our customers, we weave special little touches to surprise them and deliver a dream holiday. We like to call it the Journey Basket Thinking.
I started my Journey on 9 oct from Rishikesh towards Tungnath-Chandrashila Trek with Mr. Shaim and other members of the group. We have so much fun together all thanks to our Guide Shaim. Food was good, Trek was good, Everyone showed a great amount of Professionalism and i personally am very happy with the behaviour our everyone and helping nature. Special Thanks to Shaim for making my trip super fun and super adventurous. I really had the time of my life.
We just came back from Chopta. The tour was wonderful all along the way and everything went smooth. I am so pleased with the trip.
Our guide Shaim was quite enjoyable , resourceful, competent, funny and knowledgeable. We got excellent service.
Okay..so I booked this trip from Journey basket for Chopta. Didn’t expect much from it in the beginning as I’m a traveller and like to explore new hiking destinations myself. However, to my surprise, Journey basket just flipped the perception for me. It went great and I enjoyed every bit of it.
The camps were nice and spacious with good hygiene. They were well equipped with warm beddings considering the December winters.
Our tour coordinators Pankaj, Gaurav and Ayush Balli managed the group pretty well with various group activities to indulge every individual.
We did two treks - Tungnath temple and Doriyatal trek. Treks were an ultimate fun and an amazing experience!!
Well, the best is yet to come.. Journey Basket had arranged an amazing New Years Party with DJ and dance.. One couldn’t expect much !!
Lastly, Thank you Journey Basket for this great memorable experience!
Would like to recommend this to all. Please try different treks from Journey basket, but start with Chopta!! 👍🏻😬
I went on a trip last week to chopta with journey basket and It was a memorable experience for me. The food was yum and the stay was also comfortable. Our trip leader SHAIM was very helpful and cheerful throughout the trip. I would suggest my other friends too about journey basket.
My trip went unexpectedly well. Shaim who was our trek lead, kept me motivated to climb the Chandrashila peak and I did it effortlessly because of him. The food and stay was comfortable and the campfire was a cherry on top. Overall, I loved every bit of the trip. Thank you.!!
This was one amazing trek, the people and the facilities all were very nice. 👍The camps were nice and perfect to have a sunset and sunrise view. It was so serene and peaceful. The food was very nice, had a great time. A big thanks to the team , kudos!
- Transportation: AC Semi-Sleeper Volvo/Bharatbenz (Delhi to Manali/Shimla & back) and Force Traveler/Cab at all other times or entire journey by Force Traveler/Cab from Delhi.
- Accommodation on Sharing Basis: Hotel/Homestays (Chitkul, Kalpa, Tabo & Kaza), Swiss Tents (Chitkul & Chandratal).
- Meals: 6 Breakfast & 6 Dinner (starting from Dinner on Day 2 to Breakfast on Day 8).
- Experienced and cool trip leader.
- Driver allowances, toll taxes, parking, state taxes and inner line permits.
- Oxygen cylinder and medical kit to handle extreme health problems.
Meals which are not mentioned in Inclusions.
Any personal expenses like laundry, telephone bills, tips. etc
Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks .Etc (to be borne by the client directly on the spot.
Tip to driver and tour escort person .
All applicable taxes .
Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions .
THINGS TO CARRY
- Waterproof and good quality backpack or rucksack is recommended since you’ll be changing multiple accommodations during the entire trip.
- Warm woolen jackets/sweaters, air/water resistant jackets, body thermal wears, gloves, caps and extra pairs of socks to protect yourself from wind chill and low temperatures.
- Sunglasses, comfortable clothing and sports shoes.
- Personal water bottle (avoid single-use plastic) to avoid dehydration issues.
- Quick snacks for journeys like dry fruits, biscuits, chocolates, energy bars, glucose sachets.
- Personal care items, sunscreen lotion (prefer SPF30 or higher), lip balm, toiletries, wet wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Diamox (altitude sickness drug), camphor tablets, medicines for motion sickness, fever, stomach ache, headache, cold, body pain and any other personal medicines.
- Phone, camera, power banks and photography equipment.
- ATMs and an adequate amount of cash for shopping, cafe visits.
- Personal identity document like Aadhaar, driving licence, passport, etc, since it is needed while applying for inner line permit and other security checks.
Policy and Terms
Cancellation anytime after confirmation 75% Refund Cancellation Before 15 days of departure 50% refund Cancellation Before 7 days of departure 0% refund
Terms and Conditions
All bookings & confirmations are subject to availability of accomodation.
Kindly note that cheque is not acceptable & Booking amount is non refundable.
Guests, Who are unable to visit our office for booking, can deposit amount in the bank account or can make payment online through net banking. Also, after making the transfer, intimate the same to us by sending scanned copy/screenshot of bank slip and personal details.
Cost and consequences arising due to any force majeure situations including but not limited to unforseen circumstances like; natural calamities, political disturbance, health issues, roads block, things beyond our control etc. will have to be borne by the guest. There will be additional charges for the passengers would like to stay back at the destination or transit. Any changes in itinerary or upgrade in camps will be charged extra, over and above the given cost (which will be informed to the customer in advance for final acceptance and payment). We do not allow drinking during the travel mode in the bus. Anyone found drunk at the time of boarding will be refused entry and no amount will be refundable. Journey Basket also reserves the right to discontinue your trip at any point on the grounds of misconduct. Such persons are strictly prohibited. AC will be switched off on hill and during waiting time. This is for travelers safety as route can be dangerous and vehicle may not be able to pull off load with AC running. Traveller's Valid govt. approved ID will be checked before boarding. No Boarding without Valid govt. approved ID