Spiti Valley circuit 6N 7D
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- 12 Slots
Spiti is a remote region located in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, known for its stark natural beauty, ancient Buddhist monasteries, and unique culture. A Spiti trip is a journey that takes you on an adventure through this rugged, mountainous landscape, offering breathtaking views of the Himalayas and a chance to experience the traditional lifestyle of the people who call this region home.
A typical Spiti trip might start in the town of Manali, where you'll embark on a scenic drive up into the mountains, passing through lush forests and quaint villages before arriving in the high-altitude desert of Spiti. Along the way, you'll have plenty of opportunities to take in the stunning scenery, including snow-capped peaks, crystal-clear rivers, and rocky canyons.
Once you arrive in Spiti, you'll be greeted by a landscape that feels almost otherworldly, with towering rock formations, barren valleys, and expansive vistas stretching out as far as the eye can see. You'll also have the chance to explore some of the region's ancient Buddhist monasteries, such as the Key Monastery or Tabo Monastery, which are famous for their intricate murals and stunning architecture.
During your Spiti trip, you'll also have the chance to interact with the locals and learn more about their unique culture and way of life. Whether you're staying in a homestay, visiting a local market, or participating in a traditional ceremony or festival, you'll come away with a deeper understanding of the people who call this rugged terrain home.
Overall, a Spiti trip is an unforgettable adventure that offers a rare glimpse into a world that's both breathtakingly beautiful and deeply rooted in tradition and culture. Whether you're a nature lover, a history buff, or simply looking for a unique travel experience, Spiti is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Scenic Drive: The journey to Spiti is a scenic drive that takes you through the beautiful Kinnaur Valley and over the high-altitude Kunzum Pass. You'll see stunning views of the snow-capped peaks, crystal-clear rivers, and lush green forests along the way.
Buddhist Monasteries: Spiti is home to some of the oldest and most famous Buddhist monasteries in the world, such as Key Monastery, Tabo Monastery, and Dhankar Monastery. These monasteries are known for their intricate murals, stunning architecture, and peaceful surroundings.
High-Altitude Desert: Spiti is a high-altitude desert that is known for its stark natural beauty. The landscape is dotted with towering rock formations, barren valleys, and expansive vistas that stretch out as far as the eye can see.
Local Culture: Spiti is home to a unique culture that has been shaped by its isolation and harsh environment. During your trip, you'll have the chance to interact with the locals and learn more about their traditional lifestyle, customs, and beliefs.
Trekking: Spiti is a great destination for trekking enthusiasts, with many routes that offer stunning views of the Himalayas and the surrounding landscape. Some popular trekking routes in Spiti include the Pin Parvati Pass, Hampta Pass, and Chandratal Lake.
Wildlife: Spiti is home to a variety of wildlife, including snow leopards, ibex, and Himalayan wolves. If you're lucky, you may spot some of these elusive creatures during your trip.
Who should attend?
Nature Lovers: Spiti is a great destination for nature lovers, with stunning landscapes that include snow-capped peaks, crystal-clear rivers, and barren valleys. The high-altitude desert terrain is unique and offers breathtaking views that are sure to leave a lasting impression.
Adventure Seekers: Spiti is also an excellent destination for adventure seekers, with plenty of opportunities for trekking, camping, and exploring. The region offers a range of trekking routes that are suitable for beginners as well as experienced hikers.
Culture Enthusiasts: Spiti is home to a unique culture that has been shaped by its isolation and harsh environment. Travelers interested in culture and history can visit the ancient Buddhist monasteries, explore local markets, and interact with the friendly locals.
Photographers: Spiti offers a variety of stunning landscapes and scenic vistas that are perfect for photography. From snow-capped peaks to rocky canyons, there is plenty of natural beauty to capture.
Spiritual Seekers: Spiti is considered to be a spiritual destination and is home to several ancient Buddhist monasteries. Visitors can experience a sense of peace and tranquility as they explore these sacred sites and participate in traditional ceremonies.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
- The group assembles at the pick-up point.
- We'll meet the team captains and a small tour briefing session will be conducted.
- After which, we’ll head out on an overnight journey to Shimla.
- Reach Shimla in the morning, freshen up, and have your breakfast.
- We will be changing our vehicle to tempo traveler from bus.
- We will head out for Sangla/Chitkul through Kufri, Narkanda.
- Reach chitkul/sangla, hotel check in.
- Dinner and overnight sleep in Sangla.
- Wake up early morning and after having breakfast, head for Spiti valley sightseeing.
- Visit the most scenic monastery of Spiti Valley - The Key Monastery.
- Further, drive to the highest suspension bridge in Asia - The Chicham Bridge.
- Visit the iconic villages of Spiti - Hikkim(location of the World's Highest Post Office), Komik(the highest village in the world connected through a motorable road) & Langza(the site for the holy Buddha Statue)
- Come back to Kaza by evening. Dinner and sleep overnight.
- Wake up early in the morning.
- After morning breakfast explore Chitkul, the last
- Indian village of India towards the China border. Later depart for Nako. En route visit Kalpa, take a pit stop at Khab, the site of union between Sutlej and Spiti river.
- Reach Nako in the evening.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Nako.
- Wake up early morning and after having breakfast, head for Kaza.
- En-route Kaza, which serves as the connective link between the districts, we will find ourselves surrounded by many monasteries that we will make sure to visit.
- We will visit the more than a thousand-year-old Tabo Monastery followed by Gue Monastery as well as Dhankar Monastery.
- Reach Kaza in the evening. Hotel check in.
- Dinner and sleep overnight.
- Wake up early morning and after having breakfast check-out.
- Depart for Chandra Taal lake.
- On the way , take a pit stop for snacks at Losar, the last village of Spiti Valley.
- Reach Chandra Taal by evening & check-in to the camps.
- Dinner and stay in tents under the gaze of a million stars and the Milky Way Galaxy.
- Wake up early morning & after breakfast depart for Manali.
- Reach Manali by evening
- Check-in to the hotel.
- Old Manali café crawl. Dinner and Sleep Overnight.
- Wake up early morning & enjoy the beautiful sunrise. Manali self-exploration
- Places to visit- Hadimba Devi Temple, Old Manali street, Mall Road.
- Depart for Delhi by evening. Reach Delhi the next morning.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Byko Journeys offers experiential travel with a positive impact. We specialise in group expeditions to offbeat destinations and handle all aspects of trip planning, booking, budgeting, and organising. Our attractive packages provide a competitive edge and are customisable to fit your preferences and budget. Let us make your travel experience personal and fulfilling.
Just did the Himachal Trip with BykoJourneys and probably is one of my best decisions of 2023 !! An awesome team of our trip captains nikhil and naveen who are super chilled out & fun to hang out with.We did have some feedback for the trip leaders at the beginning which was heard and we saw changes in the subsequent days, which was awesome. BykoJourneys team is open to feedback and did their best to make us comfortable. The stays/ hotels booked were safe, clean and awesome..no complaints there. Overall a fun trip with a fun gang ! Will probably do another one with Byko soon. Thanks for the memories Byko !!
- Volvo transfer from Delhi to Shimla & Manali to Delhi. Entire travel from Shimla to Manali by tempo traveler/cab
- 6 nights accommodation(1 Night at Sangla,1Night at Nako, 2 Nights at Kaza, 1 Night in camps at Chandra Taal, 1 Night in Hotel at Manali )
- Total of 12 meals ( 6 Dinner + 6 Breakfast)
- All inner line permits for the trip
- Driver Night Charges, Toll Tax, Parking Charges, etc. Team Captain throughout the trip
- Any other Food & Beverage charge that is not included in the package.
- Gst will be charged separately
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity or forced circumstances which are out of our control.
- Any other expense not mentioned in the inclusion column.
HOW TO REACH
Travellers must reach pickup points by their own means.
Policy and Terms
- Full Payment of the trip cost must be made before the trip begins. Pending Payments may eventually lead to the Cancellation of the trip.
- The IDs shall all be verified before boarding. No boarding shall be entertained without a valid Govt. ID.
- The Transfer of the bookings is not permitted. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation shall be allowed to travel.
- No refunds shall be made towards any inclusion(s) not availed by the Client.
- Travelers must take care of their luggage & belongings. The management shall not be accountable for missing items along the tour.
- The time of Departure is stated & fixed. All travelers must update their status with the Trip coordinator(s), & report at the pickup point 30 mins prior to the scheduled departure.
- The Air Conditioning will be switched off in the hills. Also, during the trip, it shall be the Driver’s discretion to put off the AC as & when required, considering the travelers’ safety & ease of travel along uneven & dangerous routes.
Terms and Conditions
- Drinking & Smoking are strictly prohibited during journey due to the health & safety concerns of fellow passengers.
- No act of misconduct or indiscipline shall be tolerated on the tours. We are a cordial travel community and we aspire to bring to you a hassle-free and memorable experience.
- Byko Journeys shall not be responsible for any delays or alterations in the program or indirectly incurred expenses in cases such as Natural Hazards, accidents, breakdown of machinery, weather conditions, landslides, political closure, or any untoward incidents.
- We do not provide any insurance policy to cover the expenditure on sickness or accidents or losses incurred due to theft or other reasons.
- Numerous factors such as weather and road conditions the physical ability of participants etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being!