spiti valley new
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Leisure And Travel
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- 12 Slots
- For 12+ years
Spiti Valley is a cold desert mountain valley located high in the Himalayas in the north-eastern part of the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The name "Spiti" means "The middle land", i.e. the land between Tibet and India. Spiti valley is famous for its natural beauty and cultural heritage. Tabo monastery is one of the most prominent attractions in Spiti. The monasteries in Spiti are renowned for spectacular murals, ancient temples, and several stupas.
Last Village of Inida on Tibet Border. 500-years-old mummy of a Buddhist monk. Buddhist Monasteries. Wildlife Sanctuary. World's Highest Post office. highest bridge in Asia Confluence of spiti and Satluj River.
Who should attend?
Explorers Photographers Travel Bugs
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
- Assemble at the boarding point in Delhi - RK Ashram Metro Station or Majnu Ka Tilla.
- Start an overnight journey to Shimla and socialize with your co-travellers.
- After arriving in Shimla, we will take a halt for breakfast around Narkanda and soak in the much-needed #MountainVibes. Post breakfast, we will drive ahead to reach the last Indian village before the Indo-Tibetan border - Chitkul.
- After arriving in Chitkul, check in to our comfy hotel/swiss-camps, freshen-up and have some leisure. What can be more magical than relaxing near the pristine Baspa River? A perfect location in the lap of majestic Himalayas to disconnect from the urban madness and connect with nature.
- In the evening, don’t miss out the much-needed acclimatization session by your trip captain followed by home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel/swiss-camps.
- Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast, we will head out to take a stroll around the Chitkul village.
- Visit Mathi Temple dedicated to the Goddess of local people of Kinnaur and treat your stomach with a satisfying plate of steamy momos or rajma chawal at ‘Hindustan Ka Akhri Dhaba’.
- Drive towards Kalpa, check in to our cozy hotel and have some leisure. Witness the magical sunset as the golden light falls on the mighty Kinnaur Kailash range.
- Visit the famous Roghi (suicide-point) and if time permits take a stroll in the beautiful Kalpa village.
- In the evening chill with your travel clan, savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel.
- Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast, drive from Kalpa to Tabo village - home to the oldest Buddhist monastery located in Spiti Valley.
- Get mesmerized by the shape-shifting landscapes of mountains with every turn.
- Enroute we will take a halt at Khab Sangam, visit the famous Nako Lake and Monastery and Gue village to see from your naked eyes the 500-year-old mummified remains of the Buddhist monk Sangha Tenzin.
- After arriving in Tabo village, check in to our comfy hotel/homestay and have some leisure. Savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel/homestay.
- Wake up to a peaceful mountain morning and post breakfast visit Tabo Monastery. Take a walk inside the old monastery and learn about the history of this Tibetan spiritual site also known as ‘Ajanta of Himalayas’.
- Drive from Tabo to Dhankar Village and meditate in the cliff top Dhankar Monastery. Treat yourself with jaw dropping scenes of pristine Spiti river and the gorgeous Himalayas.
- Before arriving at our homely abode in Kaza we will drive along the Pin river towards one of the less explored regions and the only green national park in Spiti i.e Pin Valley.
- After arriving in Kaza, check in to our cozy hotel/homestay, freshen-up and have some leisure.
- The ones with high energy levels, feel free to take a stroll around Kaza and old bazaars.
- In the evening, enjoy a warm bonfire, savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel/homestay.
- Wake to a relaxed mountain morning in your homely abode and post breakfast, quickly head out for an action packed exploration of various quaint villages nestled in and around Kaza.
- Visit Spiti’s gorgeous fossil village Langza and get clicked with the iconic statue of Medicine Buddha with your clan. Feel proud for making it to the World’s highest motorable village Komic and absorb in the jaw dropping vistas of snow-laden Himalayas. The day will come to an end at Hikkim village known for its World’s highest post office.
- Since this is your last night in Kaza, therefore make the most out of it by chilling with your travel clan at various quaint cafes and take authentic souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
- Post exploration, savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in a hotel/homestay.
hotel / homestay
- Wake up early in the morning and post breakfast, bid adieu to your hosts in Kaza and drive towards Key Monastery - biggest and most picturesque Buddhist monastery nestled in the gorgeous Spiti Valley. Spend quality time speaking to the monks or sip a cup of herbal tea in Key Monastery’s kitchen.
- Explore the Kibber village - home to snow leopard and various other wildlife species like Himalayan Ibex and Red Fox to name a few. Take some #InstaPerfect shots at Chicham Bridge - Asia’s highest suspension bridge connecting the peaceful Kibber village.
- Enroute Chandratal, we will take a pit stop at Losar to grab a satisfying lunch and continue towards Kunzum La situated at 15,000ft approx. This stretch is indeed the journey’s most adventurous and beautiful part.
- After arriving at Chandratal, check in to our scenic campsite. Quickly head out to soak in the calmness of the Moon Lake and capture some #InstaPerfect shots.
- In the evening chill with your travel clan under the gaze of million stars and the Milky Way Galaxy. Savour home-style cooked dinner and overnight stay in swiss tents.
Tempo Traveller / Volvo
- Wake up quite early in the morning and post breakfast drive towards Manali from Chandratal via Kunzum La. Enroute Manali, we will take a pit stop for morning tea at the famous Chacha-Chachi Ka Dhaba or Chhatru.
- After arriving in Manali, feel free to take a stroll around Old Manali cafes or The Mall Road (if time permits) and start-off your return journey to Delhi in the evening.
- Reach Delhi next morning with lots of amazing memories and unforgettable experiences.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Journey Basket was found when the two adventure junkies decided to convert their passion into a full time commitment, over a Bike Ride to Nepal, Sikkim and Bhutan. We have a team full of specialists for Himalayan Treks, Motorbike Expeditions, Leisure Trips and others so that you don't just visit a place but also witness the world from new lenses. Journey Basket strives to deliver the perfect holiday experience for everyone. We plan each and every itinerary to give the authentic flavor of every location. So that, you don't just visit the place but live and breath the culture of the land. To provide the Aha! moment to our customers, we weave special little touches to surprise them and deliver a dream holiday. We like to call it the Journey Basket Thinking.
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
Went to Auli with JB with my 3 other friends . Raghav was the coordinater and we didnt feel a moment that we were not engaged with others. Start from the beginning he Mixed up the group and interaction and when trip compeleted all 22 persons were like family. Apart from this arrangements, coordination were excellent. Looking forward to do more trips
it was a great experience for me travelling with Jb . Accommodation specially was amazing. Our christmas eve was memorable and we never felt like it was a normal eve. They made all best possible arrangements which could be done to celebrate the eve. Worth it to travel with Jb looking after the girl safety standards.
Trip with Jb was amazing. Bus journey,hotel ,food,experience, services everything was upto the mark. From organiser to coordinater everyone was professional.The group was very safe for girls. i would definitely recommend this travel group to everyone.
I recently went to Auli Joshimath. The Bus Journey was very comfortable.The hotel stay was a wonderful experience.The food arrangements were perfect . Loved every bit of the trip from coordinater to the organiser. Thank you so much Sohail for this wonderful trip and the best birthday ever. Looking forward for more trips
I have recently been to apiti and jaisalmer trips with Journey basket and had amazing experiences. From Initial contact to booking, travel, stay ..everything was well organised and budget friendly. The coordinatera are very supportive . Looking forward to more such tripa
My first trip with Jb was very nice and interesting. It was my first solo trip but i never felt lonely anywhere because of good friendly people around there and majorily i want to thanks Ayush bhai who is more than brother to me from now who helped me everywhere in the trio . So thank you Jb for organising this trip and thanks to Harsh bhaai .See you soon in our next trip
Accommodation on Double/Triple sharing basis as per itinerary in hotels/camps/Homestay mentioned or similar.
Breakfast and Dinner during the time of stay.
Dedicated Tour Captain.
Volvo ( Delhi to Shimla and manali to delhi)
Traveller from Shimla to manali.
All drives, sightseeing and excursions as per the itinerary using Traveller.
Meals which are not mentioned in Inclusions.
Any personal expenses like laundry, telephone bills, tips. etc
Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks .Etc (to be borne by the client directly on the spot.
Tip to driver and tour escort person .
All applicable taxes .
Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions .
Zingbus Lounge, Majnu ka tila
HOW TO REACH
Auto/Cabs/Metro(Yellow line)Goto Google Maps
Policy and Terms
Cancellation anytime after confirmation 75% Refund Cancellation Before 15 days of departure 50% refund Cancellation Before 7 days of departure 0% refund
Terms and Conditions
All bookings & confirmations are subject to availability of accomodation.
Kindly note that cheque is not acceptable & Booking amount is non refundable.
Guests, Who are unable to visit our office for booking, can deposit amount in the bank account or can make payment online through net banking. Also, after making the transfer, intimate the same to us by sending scanned copy/screenshot of bank slip and personal details.
Cost and consequences arising due to any force majeure situations including but not limited to unforseen circumstances like; natural calamities, political disturbance, health issues, roads block, things beyond our control etc. will have to be borne by the guest. There will be additional charges for the passengers would like to stay back at the destination or transit. Any changes in itinerary or upgrade in camps will be charged extra, over and above the given cost (which will be informed to the customer in advance for final acceptance and payment). We do not allow drinking during the travel mode in the bus. Anyone found drunk at the time of boarding will be refused entry and no amount will be refundable. Journey Basket also reserves the right to discontinue your trip at any point on the grounds of misconduct. Such persons are strictly prohibited. AC will be switched off on hill and during waiting time. This is for travelers safety as route can be dangerous and vehicle may not be able to pull off load with AC running. Traveller's Valid govt. approved ID will be checked before boarding. No Boarding without Valid govt. approved ID
More From Journey Basket
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]