The Challenging-Pangarchulla Trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- 50 Slots
- Difficulty - Moderate
- For 15+ years
- Best Season - March April May September October November
The Pangarchulla peak is a high altitude trek in the Joshimath region of Chamoli district in Uttrakhand. It is a moderate level trek that will take you on an expedition in the midst of the gigantic boulders, high peaks, long trails and in the midst of the gorgeous Deodar forests. The Pangarchulla Peak is at an altitude of 15069 feet. The Pangarchulla peak trek is also known as the Pangarchulla trek summit.
This trek is perfect for those people who enjoy trekking, adventure, and mountains. Due to its high elevation, the Pangarchulla trek is quite difficult and takes 6 to 7 days. Due to its high-altitude oxygen level is also low.
Pangarchulla peak trek starts from Joshimath via Kuari Pass. On your way to Pangarchulla in the midst, you will see gigantic boulders (stone), high peaks, long trails, and gorgeous Deodar forests.
In the middle of dense forest, if you are lucky you will also find Himalayan leopard, bear, musk deer and you will see a different variety of flora. Pangarchulla peak trek will take you through beautiful meadows (Bugyal) and a picture-perfectly beautiful view of the Himalayas and you have to walk in deep snow. This trek is a treat for nature lovers. The trek route starts off with lush green and turns into a snowy wonderland.
Traveller/MUV/Sedan or Similar
- Altitude: 6,750ft, 256 km drive, approx 8 hours.
- Trekkers will be picked from Rishikesh around 6:30 am- 7:30 am in a Traveller /Ertiga/Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle.
- Arrive at Joshimath approx by 4 pm – (tea, briefing of the trek & dinner)
- Breakfast and Lunch on the way (excluded)
- Accommodation at the Hotel/Homestay
- Drive to Dhak (7000 ft) – 10 Km, 30 minutes. Trek to Guling (9,650) ft – 6 Km, 5 hrs. camp.
- Altitude: 9,650 Ft. Time taken: Approx. 6 hrs Trek gradient: Moderate, Water sources: You can fill your bottles in the Kharchi village.
- Start your day with a delectable breakfast and after a short drive of 10 km reach the point where you can begin hiking to Gulling.
- Witness the giant mountains in front of you, and the most pampered mountain which is known as Sleeping Lady Mountain, the creation of God is just amazing.
- From the meadows, continue trekking through verdant forests thriving with a variety of bird species and reach the beautiful prairies.
- Climb down to arrive at another expanse of thickets with Oak, Chestnut, Deodar, and Maple trees.
- Continue walking on the path again you will witness the outstanding Dronagiri peak that will make your heart go numb and later we will reach the Gulling top, home for the day.
- Set up camp here in tents and retire for the night under the star-lit sky.
- Post breakfast proceed to Khullara camp/Taali campsite. Start trek & climb up pastures painted in several colors of green and dotted with shepherds and their sheep grazing around.
- The trail today is quite steep through Oak, Rhododendron (mostly pink and white), Walnut forest.
- Admist the stunning views of surrounding mountain ranges.
- At the base camp lower Khullara camp/Taali Campsite, settle down in your tents for the night.
- Post breakfast, start Trek to Kuari Pass. The trail offer breathtaking views of the Himalayan Ranges, lush Meadows, dense Oak forest & Rhododendron trees.
- Begin with an early Morning breakfast around 01:30 am, after which you can start your trek to Pangarchulla summit.
- Challenge yourself & find yourself at 15080 fts.
- Back to Khullara Camps/Taali Camps & overnight stay.
- Post breakfast, proceed to Auli/Joshimath, amidst the stunning views of lush Meadows of Gorson Bugyal.
- The rest of the evening is free for leisure & overnight stay in Joshimath/Auli.
Traveller/MUV/Sedan or Similar
Stay Not Applicable
- Start return journey to Rishikesh with your heart & soulful.
- You will reach Rishikesh by evening.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
● 2 night stay in Hotel/Homestay at Joshimath/Lower Auli
● 4 nights stay In Alpine Dom Tents sharing Basis
● Total Meals (All Veg ) : 6 Breakfast + 6 dinner + 2 Hot lunch + 3 Packed
Lunch, 4 Evening snacks & Soup
● Sharing Basis
● Gears - Microspikes, & Gaiters
● AMC Certified Trekking guide
● Exclusive Non-AC Vehicle dedicated for the Group during entire Tour
● Vehicle type: Tempo Traveller/Ertiga/Swift Dzire/Sumo or similar
● Driver Allowances, toll taxes, parking, state taxes.
● First Aid Medical Kit
● Daily Check-ups (Pulse Rate)
● Any additional expenses such as of personal nature/medical exigency
● Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel
● Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any
● Transportation from which is outside the itinerary
● Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing
● Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks,
and other natural calamities
● Any other services not specified above in inclusions
● In case there is a road blockage due to heavy snowfall, the tempo
traveller/car might not be able to travel further. In those cases, 4X4
would need to be booked thereon. That would be chargeable and the
cost would be split and paid by the guests.
● Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
● On Rent - Trekking shoes : 1000/- per person
Down Jacket : 1000/- per person (Can hold -30 Degree
Temprature), Trekking Poles /Sticks 300/- pp, Poncho 300/- pp (for full trek)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Wearing layers is the mantra in the mountains. Layers give you maximum protection from all elements. You will need at least 5 warm layers (Insulin layers). You will need at least 1 pair of inner thermals, 2 light fleece layers, 1 light sweater, and 1 padded jacket. Ensure your padded jacket has a hood as well. A minimum of one pair and a maximum of two pairs of trek pants should suffice for this trek. Wear one pair and carry one just in case it rains/snows. Trek pants with zippered cut offs at the thighs are very suitable for treks. Also, choose quick-dry pants over cotton
Sunglasses - Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. A small overexposure to direct sunlight on snow can lead to snow blindness (about a half hour’s exposure). That’s because fallen snow is like thousands of mirrors that reflect direct UV rays. So you need sunglasses with UV protection.
Buying Tip: Try getting sunglasses that wrap around instead of those that have openings on the side. Even peripheral UV ray exposure is not a good idea.
2. Sun Cap
3. Synthetic Hand Gloves - Get synthetic hand gloves that have waterproofing on the outside and a padded lining on the inside. If you find the combination difficult to get (not likely), wear a tight-fitting fleece hand glove inside a synthetic hand glove. Hand gloves are mandatory on this trek.
4. Woollen Cap - a woollen head cap that covers your head and ears is absolutely essential.
5. Socks - Apart from three to four pairs of sports socks, take a pair of woolen socks. Sports socks give you cushioning plus warmth. Again the mantra is to wear synthetic socks or at least a synthetic blend. Cotton socks soak in water and sweat. They are very hard to dry. As for woolen socks, they help you to keep warm and snug in the night. If you cannot get woolen socks, wearing two sports socks serves the purpose as well.
7. Thermos for water
8. Medication (As per medical conditions if any and is subscribed by a doctor)
9.Extra cover for your electronic gear items/Valuables.
10. Quick Dry Towel/Towel
12. A tiffin box with a spoon for packed lunch, we try reduced usage of plastic/paper as much as possible
13. Poncho/Rain Cover
14. Do not leave plastic wrappers(chips,chocolates etc) behind while on Trek and yes! don't forget your "Mask" of course!
Policy and Terms
- The advance amount is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Full Payment of the trip cost must be made before the trip begins. Pending Payments may eventually lead to the cancellation of the trip.
- The IDs will be verified before boarding. No boarding shall be entertained without a valid Govt. ID.
- The transfer of the bookings is not permitted. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation shall be allowed to travel.
- No refunds shall be made towards any inclusion(s) not availed by the Client.
- Travelers must take care of their luggage & belongings. The management shall not be accountable for missing items along the tour.
- The time of departure is stated & fixed. All travelers must update their status with the Trip Coordinator(s), & report at the pickup point 30 mins prior to the scheduled departure.
- The Air Conditioning will be switched off in the hills. Also, during the trip, it shall be the driver’s discretion to put off the AC as & when required, considering the traveler's safety & ease of travel along uneven & dangerous routes.
Terms and Conditions
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24 hours prior to Departure.
Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 10 am.
- Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
- If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
- The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
- Travelmite shall not be responsible for any delays or alterations in the program or indirectly incurred expenses in cases such as natural hazards, accidents, breakdown of machinery, weather conditions, landslides, political closure, or any untoward incidents.
- We do not provide any insurance policy to cover the expenditure on sickness or accidents or losses incurred due to theft or other reasons.
- Numerous factors such as weather and road conditions the physical ability of participants etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general well-being!
What is the best time to do Pangarchulla Trek?
April, May, October and November are the best months for Pangarchulla peak trek.
How do we prepare for such a Trek?
Here is a ginde to prepare you for the trek. Beginners guide for high altitude trekking.
What is the height of the Pangarchulla peak?
Pangarchulla is perched at an height of 4596 metres above the sea level.
How many days are required for this trek?
You will need atleast 6 to 9 days depend upon the guide you choose for the Pangarchulla trek.
Which are the nearest airport and railway stations for Pangarchulla trek?
Jolly Grant airport is the nearest airport and Dehradun railway station is the nearest railway station for Pangarchulla trek.
Where is Pangarchulla?
Pangarchulla is a high-altitude trek in the Joshimath region of Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state.
Will there be electricity in the camps or on the trek?
No there is no electricity on this trek. We suggest you to take extra batteries for your camera and tke power bank for your mobile phones more than 10000 MAH.
What is the difficulty level of this trek?
Pangachulla trek is a moderate grade trek Joshimath region of Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.
More From TravelMite
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]