The Kedarkantha Snow Glamping TrekAdventure And Sports Hobby Trips Photography Couple Friendly Backpacking Community Himalayan Treks Local Treks Wildlife Star Trail Leisure And Travel Camping Wellness
What's This About?
This winter, Laidback proudly brings to you the Kedarkantha Snow Trek.
Witness captivating sights of snow capped Himalayas, lush green landscapes, crystal alpine lakes, and a myriad collection of flora and fauna.
6 days of pure fun where you’ll be staying in a Laidback recommended hotel on the first and last night, 1 night in an ethnic homestay and 2 nights in Laidback camps (including luxury tents manufactured by Laidback). This is an easy - moderate level trek that can be enjoyed by all aged 12 years and over. A perfect introduction to the world of trekking done in style.
Our team will be at your service through and through to guide, inform, educate, and serve. The Trek includes daily snow climbing technical classes by our pro instructor.
Our costing is all inclusive. No hidden costs.
Limited spots available so book yours NOW! Bookings close November 15, 2021.
Anyone that loves nature and the mountains and is a bit adventurous but also likes the luxuries of life. There may be times when you will be challenged but it will all be worth the effort as we'll pamper you as much as we can. Anybody with physical disabilities or serious health conditions (heart, breathing problems) should avoid.
• A perfect winter trek with stunning views
• Summit a beautiful peak surrounded by Himalayan giants
• Beautiful trekking trails perfect for beginners and kids with the minimum age starting at 12
• Witness abundance of snow in winters and lush green fields in summers
• Relax and enjoy the comfort of Laidback tents
• Daily snow climbing techniques taught by our trained instructor
• Nutritious and wholesome meals
• Bonfires at night to keep you warm and conversations going
• 2 luxury Laidback tents to camp/relax in while on the trek
• Stay in hotel (Days 1 and 5) in Mussoorie and local homestay (Day 2) in Sankri (accommodation on twin sharing basis)
• Round trip transportation from Mussoorie to Sankri (and back)
• Food during transit
• All entry fees and guide charges
• Accommodation during the trek (Days 3 and 4)
• Nutritious and wholesome meals during the trek
• Permits and camping charges
• All technical and common equipment (tents etc.)
• First aid and medical kit
• Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in advanced mountaineering courses)
• Services of guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules
• Transportation to Mussoorie (and back)
• Personal expenses such as laundry, alcoholic drinks, etc
• Any kind of insurance
• Any claims due to natural calamity such as landslide/road blockage
• Any service not mentioned under tour inclusion
• The tour takes us through areas of religious significance and service of alcohol and non-veg food may not be permitted in certain areas
• Anything apart from the inclusions
Ice breaker welcome orientation
We arrive in Mussoorie post lunch and settle in to a comfortable hotel. In the evening, we head to Laidback venue for our welcome dinner with the entire crew.
Drive to Sankri - Starting point
acclimatize local homestay ethnic food
Post breakfast, we board cabs from Mussoorie and drive to Sankri - a beautiful hill village and the starting point of our trek. The journey takes takes us through the towns of Purola, Mori, and Natwar. We stay overnight in an ethnic homestay.
Trek from Sankri to Kedarkantha Base Camp via Juda-Ka-Talab
Pine Forest Villager Huts Alpine Lake Laidback Camp
After breakfast, we commence our trek and immediately encounter a lush pine forest and villager huts on the way to the beautiful Juda ka Talab. We cross a stream on the way to reach the beautiful lake. After lunch, we begin heading towards our campsite at the base of the Kedarkantha mountain.
The basecamp is at an altitude of around 11250 feet and in itself is a sight to behold. We camp at this beautiful place for the night.
Kedarkantha Base to Summit to Hargaon
Ascend Summit 360 view Snow Capped Mountains
The day for which everyone prepares; we start early in the morning depending on the weather and snow conditions. The trail today crosses the tree line and reaches the summit ridge in about 3 hrs. The summit is visible almost throughout this walk. The top has a small temple dedicated to lord Shiva and offers a mesmerizing 360 degree view of the Himalayas. After the summit we descend to our campsite in Hargaon which is at an altitude of 9800 feet.
Post breakfast, we depart.
How To Reach
Take the train to Dehradun and then take a taxi to Picture Palace, Mussoorie.
Take the flight to Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun and take a taxi to Picture Palace, Mussoorie.
Drive down to Picture Palace, Mussoorie.
Things To Carry
Trek Essentials (List of things to carry on Trek):
Back pack & rain cover (50 - 60 ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps
Day pack + rain cover (20 - 30 ltr)
Walking stick (optional)
Head lamp (hand torch would be an alternative)
Water bottle/Hydration pack
Snacks - energy bars, dry fruits, electrol powder
Personal medications (if any)
Sunglasses - dark with side cover, should be U/V protected.
People who wear spectacles-
(A)- Use contact lenses
(B)- Photo chromatic glasses
Trekking pants (avoid shorts, fitting denims, capris)
T-shirts full sleeves (Non-cotton)
Fleece jacket or woolen sweater
Down feather / Hollofil jacket
Wind & waterproof jacket & pant
Trekking shoes (waterproof, high ankle with good grip)
Sunscreen, Hand sanitizer
Moisturiser, Antibacterial powder
Lip balm, Toothbrush, Toothpaste
Toilet paper & wipes, Quick dry towel
- We will be accilimatising the first two days and commecing our trek on Day 3 to avoid altitude sickness
- Go to your general physician if you doubt your fitness level
- Minimum age is 12 years
About Your Hosts
Growing up in a metropolitan city we'd always head out during the holidays to find fresh air, comfort food and more importantly a break from that daily routine that had us moving around in circles. Traveling abroad during these times was almost out of budget and out of reach for most of us. Those trips to the mountains and unique destinations within India always stood out for us, and have been etched onto our souls. The past two decades we tried heading out through various travel and outdoor companies, but none hit the spot. Low budgets and high profit margins seem to always take that 'oomph' out of the game and that's where we stepped in.
Our adventure began in early 2017, when we participated in a high altitude trekking excursion in Himachal Pradesh. We were immediately mesmerized by the beautiful landscape and spectacular views but were also faced with challenges of limited dining supplies, comfortable arrangements, safety standards, and subpar accommodations. Over a period of 2 years, we participated in multiple treks and trails in our beautiful Himalayas, building relationships with hoteliers, restaurateurs, local vendors and guides with the intention of marrying fitness and adventure with luxury. Laidback was born in early 2019.
Book an upcoming batch
[[selectedBatch.startdate|date]] to [[selectedBatch.enddate|date]][[selectedBatch.starttime|date:'shortTime']] to [[selectedBatch.endtime|date:'shortTime']]
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[selectedBatch.price | number:0]]/- per person
[[instance.price | number:0]]/- per person
Got Questions ?
WhatsApp Laidback Outdoor
Been Here, Post A Review:
More From Laidback Outdoor
[[ event.name ]] (Soldout)
[[price.price | number:0]]/- [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[event.price | number:0]]/- [[event.price_striked]][[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
Free [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']] , Available Seats: [[ batch.batch_size-batch.numberofbookings-batch.numberofbookings_from_host ]] No Upcoming Batches Show All