Unveiling Tungnath-Deoriatal - Christmas & New yearB2B
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- 26 Slots
- For 10+ years
In the laps of the mighty Himalayas in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand lies ‘Chandrashila’ – the summit of Chandranath Parvat. At an elevation of approximately 13,000 feet above sea level, the Chandrashila Summit is undisputedly one of the most sought after treks in Uttarakhand. With easy accessibility, it draws trekkers, photographers (Insta-worthy shots guaranteed!), tourists, wanderers, history enthusiasts, bird watchers or simply someone who is just searching for peace, tranquility and rejuvenation. The Tungnath temple of Panch Kedar, in particular, offers a mesmerizing panoramic view of the majestic Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba
This trek takes one through bewitching meadows and rich rhododendron trails. The scent of deodar trees envelops you – a veritable Bird Lovers/Watchers paradise. For those with a keen eye, you will definitely have a chance to spot some rare species of birds. So keep your binoculars ready
The grade of this trek is easy to moderate, and is definitely recommended for novice trekkers as well as experienced ones. It will most likely emerge as a perfect start to your lifelong tryst with the Himalayas.
Traveller or similar
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Included
The journey starts from Delhi. Time is of the essence in a trekking experience. Hence, we advise our travellers to assemble at Mayur Vihar extension Metro Station (gate no.2 ) at 9 pm. Chopta is 450 km away from Delhi and takes approximately 14 hours to reach. Route -We make our way through Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Roorkee, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag, Ukhimath before reaching Chopta the following day. The journey to Rishikesh is an overnight one, after that we buckle up for another 8 hours of a little strenuous yet stunning mountain drive! Most part of the journey traverses the mountainside, with the river flowing below you. (Don’t forget to take pictures at the confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers at Devprayag)
This Is How We Kick Start Our Journey
Devprayag is one of the confluences of the widely known Panch Prayag where the Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers unite.
Traveller or similar
Swiss Camps Quad Sharing Basis.
About 35 km after Rudraprayag, we take the road to Kedarnath. You will continue traveling on this road to arrive at Chopta via Agastyamuni (named after the famous saint Augustya and also a small market place for the vicinity villages) and Ukhimath (A tiny hamlet also known for being the winter seat of Kedarnath). The estimated arrival time is around lunch. Long journeys can be exhausting for some hence this fairly early arrival gives you time to relax and rejuvenate and for those not too tired from the journey it is a picturesque campsite, an eye candy for the shutterbugs. You can go around the campsite and explore the trails around. The forests around here appear like those straight out of a movie. Early to bed and early to rise is definitely what we prefer. We advise our travellers to get proper rest before we get up, close and personal with Chandrashila also known lovingly as the Moonpeak the following day.
Parakeet’s Nest Nestled in the laps of the enchanting meadows and the evergreen forest area of Chopta lies our quaint picturesque Nest.
Our camp is inspired by our surrounding nature’s enormity, mystery and enthralling beauty. An amalgamation of comfort, delight, adventure and ambience is what we aim to offer our travellers.
(Breakfast & Gala Dinner Veg/Non -Veg)
Up, Uppity Up! As we gear up for the most enthralling day of the Deoriatal Chopta Chandrashila trek we attempt to climb the summit which is one of the most captivating and unparalleled of any summits that you might have witnessed. (If the weather gods permit). This reminds us there are various legends associated with this place. According to a popular folklore, this is the place where lord Rama meditated after defeating the demon-king Ravana. Another legend says that moon-god Chandra spent time here in penance. The trek from Chopta to Tungnath is approximately 3 km in distance and a further ascend of 1.5 km steep ascend leads to the summit of Chandrashila. The trail till Tungnath from Chopta is a well paved cemented trail and further from Tungnath to Chandrashila, the trail becomes a little rickety. For those who are ardent lovers of history - The Tungnath Temple is one of the Panch Kedar temples and is considered the highest temple of Lord Shiva in the world. The legend states that sage Vyas Rishi advised the Pandavas that since they were responsible for killing their own kin the Kauravas during the Kurukshetra war in Mahabharat, their act could be pardoned only by Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva being miffed with Pandavas disguised himself as a bull. Parts of this bull appeared in 5 different places, each of these identified as a Panch Kedar. The Pandavas built temples at each of these locations to seek penance, worship, blessings and pardon from Lord Shiva. Tungnath is identified as the place where the hands were seen. The trek is pleasant but is a very steep climb. It ascends sharply towards the end. You can also notice a change in the landscape due to an increase in the altitude. The tree line ends before Tungnath temple and after that, you may find only shrubs. It normally takes around 3 hours to reach the Tunganth temple from Chopta and another 1 hour to reach the Chandrashila summit from the temple. Once at the top of the peak, you get a panoramic view of the mountains of Garhwal and Kumaon. The Chandrashila Peak is at an altitude of 4000 meters above sea level. It offers perfect panoramic views of remarkable peaks of Uttarakhand such as Kedarnath, Mandani, Chaukhamba, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti, Hathi, Ghodi, etc. After capturing some beautiful shots at the summit, the trek back to Chopta is via the same route taken while ascending. It takes approx. 30 minutes to reach Tungnath and another 60 -90 minutes to reach Chopta from Tungnath.
Tungnath is one of the highest Shiva temples in the world and is the highest of the five Panch Kedar temples.
Chandrashila is the summit above Tungnath temple. It literally means "Moon Rock". It is located at a height of about 3,690 metres above sea level.
Traveller or similar
Stay Not Applicable
The day embarks from Sari which is a small and quaint village situated at a height of 6,601 feet. We depart from Chopta early morning at 8 am to reach the village post breakfast. The trek to Deoriatal is about 2.3 km. The trail is mildly steep and completely paved with stones. As we walk on the trail, we come across a temple and a few houses on the way. The site of Deoriatal, like that of Chandrashila, is steeped in local folklore as well. According to it, the pandavas, once thirsty, had come to the waters of Deoriatal and had to face a test of wisdom. 1 km into the trail and we turn around and witness the bird’s eye view of the beautiful Sari village. There are few shelters available on the trek where one can take a breather. Though the Deoriatal trek from Sari is easy, it can be a bit tiring for first-timers. The trail passes through the scenic forest of Rhododendron and Oak. After reaching the lake, you see a forest check post. The lake is gripped with forests all around. On a clear sky day the reflection of the surrounding mountain is caught in the crystal-like waters of the lake. As a result the effect is strikingly stunning. Trek down to Sari and start your return journey to Delhi with your heart and soul full. You would reach Delhi early morning the following day.
Deoria Tal is a lake about 3 km from the villages of Sari. It has heavily wooded, lush green surroundings with snow-covered mountains in the backdrop.
The lake is known for its wide 300° panorama. Mountains like Chaukhamba, Nilkantha, Bandarpunch, Kedar Range, and Kalanag can be viewed from here.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
• 2 Night accommodation in Swiss Camps in Chopta
• Meals ( All Veg): From Dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 3 ( 4 Meals in total, 2 Dinners + 2 Breakfasts
• Trekking guide for Tungnath and Chandrashila trek
• Exclusive Non-AC Vehicle dedicated for the Group during entire Tour
• Vehicle type: Tempo Traveller / Innova / Swift Dzire or similar
• Driver Allowances, toll taxes, parking, state taxes.
• Any additional expenses such as of personal nature/medical exigency
• Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel
• Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of
transportation from which is outside the itinerary
• Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing
• Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities
• Any other services not specified above in inclusions
• Forest entry fee
• Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions. (Lunch can be included at an extra cost of 150/- per person per meal)
THINGS TO CARRY
- During Summers: Woollen clothing especially for the evenings, trekking pants, Jacket, trekking shoes, sun cap and sun glasses.
- During Winters: Wearing Layers is the mantra in the mountains during winters. You will need at least 5 warm layers (Insulin Layers) - which includes atleast 1 pair of inner thermals, 2 light fleece layers, 1 light sweater and 1 padded Jacket which has a hood, 2 pair of trek pants, sun cap, sun glasses, synthetic hand gloves, wollen caps, 3 pairs of woollen socks, a woollen scarf, etc.
- At least 1 litres of bottled water and instant food like cookies and cakes.
- Necessary toiletries like hand sanitizers, quick dry towels, napkins, etc.
- Extra plastic bags
- Sunglasses and lip balms.
- Waterproof rucksack and rain cover for rucksack.
- Medical kit, including any prescribed medicines
- Torch with fresh batteries
- Relevant trekking and camping gear like trekking backpack, trekking poles, ponchos/raincoat etc.
- Power Bank
Policy and Terms
We understand that plans change sometimes. If you need to cancel/reduce/amend a guaranteed reservation, please do so latest by 12 noon, 15 days prior to arrival, to avoid cancellation charges. 100% non-refundable should there be any cancellation within 15 days of arrival.
Bookings made on non-cancellable/non-amendable packages/rates cannot be cancelled/amended. On doing so, the full amount of advance paid will be treated as the cancellation fee. The same terms apply in case if the guests don’t show up.
For all bookings, other than non-cancellable, if the guest don’t show up the complete booking will be non-refundable or if they choose to check-out early, one night’s room rate, including taxes, will be charged.
No cancellations will be taken over the call or WhatsApp message. Please reply to the email of email confirmation that you have received at the time of booking regarding the cancellation.
There would be no refund provided in case there occur some problems due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any delay due to other/any unforeseen circumstances. On the occasion of any such happenings, we have a backup plan ready most of the time and we'll be moving onto that. There are times when we would have to cancel some activities mentioned in the itinerary but it's only due to the reason that we would be bound by a circumstance that is not in our control.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.) then the participants would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount. (Subject to availability)
If a trek/trip has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
Travelmite will not bear any extra expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.).
Terms and Conditions
- In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
- The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
- 50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24hrs prior to checkin.
- Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 10 am.
- Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.